Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    This is the problem now. Ozil needs to have the season of his life given that we could have had Cesc back and chose otherwise. The pressure on him will be considerably more than last season now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And Ozil doesn't exactly strive on pressurising situations does he.

Ozil's season will be characterised by the fitness of Walcott, Ramsey & Sanchez. If they get injured.. Frankly - we're fxcked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    GOAT Movie.

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)

Nina Dobrev marry me pls

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea look like they can really anally penetrate us against our will this season. I.e. We look like we're in for another raping. They look very clinical and mentally tough. Honestly don't think we have the quality to match them unless we bring at least a striker and a CDM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    And Ozil doesn't exactly strive on pressurising situations does he.

Ozil's season will be characterised by the fitness of Walcott, Ramsey & Sanchez. If they get injured.. Frankly - we're fxcked
    I'm more annoyed about what Cesc has ahead of him and behind him because when I compare that to us, I feel like crying. WE NEED A ST AND A DM, NONE OF THIS ARTETA AND GIROUD BULLSHEET KMT

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day it's ****ing Burnley so calm down

Don't be forgetting Jackie's goal last season

ReputationRep:
    I'm more annoyed about what Cesc has ahead of him and behind him because when I compare that to us, I feel like crying. WE NEED A ST AND A DM, NONE OF THIS ARTETA AND GIROUD BULLSHEET KMT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Bro..

Truth of the matter is that we struggled to break down a manager-less palace side lol.. (I know we didn't have Ozil & Merta but still)

If the difference between us winning the league and us not winning the league is loosing in the bigger games, then.. Essentially this Chelsea side will make us bend over against our will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Chelsea look like they can really anally penetrate us against our will this season. I.e. We look like we're in for another raping. They look very clinical and mentally tough. Honestly don't think we have the quality to match them unless we bring at least a striker and a CDM.
    Is Scurrle, Hazard, Cesc, Oscar any more dangerous than Walcott, Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey really? Not worried about our penetration, just our ability to finish. If Giroud stys half fresh then I think he can match Costa goal for goal too.

Big issue for us as usual is a soft underbelly in midfield and the fact ****ing Sanogo is getting games.

We aint going to sign a striker though, forget about it. Outside chance of DM but I expect just a backup CB and thats us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

this basically, some sexy play/goals but burnley will finish bottom of the table anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Is Scurrle, Hazard, Cesc, Oscar any more dangerous than Walcott, Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey really?

Big issue for us as usual is a soft underbelly in midfield and the fact ****ing Sanogo is getting games.

We aint going to sign a striker though, forget about it. Outside chance of DM but I expect just a backup CB and thats us.
    This is it Zurich, we're in for one scary season. It could be real good or real bad. Ozil's season will depend on the fitness of Walcott, Ramsey and Sanchez because apart from them we have no real runners.

Our for midfield is above almost all the others - it's the strike force that's ****.

If we get a CDM and a CB then we'll be the same as Chelsea were last season.. Just one striker away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

At the end of the day, we need a ****ing striker and a DM. Do you see how stacked this Chelsea team is?! None of this Little Horse rubbish this year, whereas we are a premature pony outchea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    This is it Zurich, we're in for one scary season. It could be real good or real bad. Ozil's season will depend on the fitness of Walcott, Ramsey and Sanchez because apart from them we have no real runners.

Our for midfield is above almost all the others - it's the strike force that's ****.

If we get a CDM and a CB then we'll be the same as Chelsea were last season.. Just one striker away
    I'm looking forward to seeing Ozil with Walcott/Sanchez and Ramsey making the runs too, I think that will be genuinely devastating. And for the first time since 2010/11 we'll be a bit tasty on the break.

And I think Giroud is fine as well, so long as he isnt played into the ground like last season. Problem is his fluffer is Sanogo! Maybe Theo/Alexis will play ST though!

We wont be very far from CFC at all really, and I think MCFC will win it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Bro..

Truth of the matter is that we struggled to break down a manager-less palace side lol.. (I know we didn't have Ozil & Merta but still)

If the difference between us winning the league and us not winning the league is loosing in the bigger games, then.. Essentially this Chelsea side will make us bend over against our will

Truth of the matter is 1st games of the season are always rusty.
    Wenger had already mentioned that the squad was far from fit and thought the start of the PL came way too early. It was also Sanchez's 1st PL game and Walcott is still yet to return so I think we'll be fine. We have loads of room to improve IMO and the window isn't over yet.

I will admit though that the Chelsea team is looking pretty scary squad wise and I think they'll edge past city too. At the end of the day though the idea of winning the title this season should be completely erased from minds. We're still 1 or 2 windows away from having that challenging squad so right now I'm just hoping we have a decent performance vs the big teams and secure 3rd place + QF in CL.

At the end of the day, we need a ****ing striker and a DM. Do you see how stacked this Chelsea team is?! None of this Little Horse rubbish this year, whereas we are a premature pony outchea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How does this have any relevance to Chelsea scoring a few fancy goals against ****ing Burnley

Not saying I disagree though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Is Scurrle, Hazard, Cesc, Oscar any more dangerous than Walcott, Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey really? Not worried about our penetration, just our ability to finish. If Giroud stys half fresh then I think he can match Costa goal for goal too.

Not really. But, you have to consider that some of our players you mentioned will really have to track back to cover our defensive deficiencies in CM. Hence, we still lack balance. Ramsey and Ozil should not even be thinking about tracking back, that is what competent defensively minded midfielders do. I seriously don't know why Wenger is so stubborn on this one.
    Arteta looks physically weak, and not just in the sense of strength, he is also turtle slow. It's like one of those old cars you used to get that had no power up hills whatsoever, it is that kind of frustration. Good luck relying on positioning skills when tactically the other team is set up to penetrate with Fifa style pace abuse.

I mean, now that I think about it, the only reason he is not going in properly for a CDM is because of loyalties to Arteta and Flamini. Which tbh, is not a totally professional decision at all. I mean, Chambers may be playing CDM at some point, but it is a big gamble. I just feel sometimes like he is so fixated with this idea of small and technical players from the Spanish leagues that he forgets we are playing in the Premier League.

And Sanogo is a joke. It is literally like adding a chavvy sticker to a luxury sportscar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    this basically, some sexy play/goals but burnley will finish bottom of the table anyway.

Some one who sees my point

ReputationRep:
    Campbell should be back up striker while Theo is injured but sadly Wenger seems to fail to see that Sanogo is completely useless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not really. But, you have to consider that some of our players you mentioned will really have to track back to cover our defensive deficiencies in CM. Hence, we still lack balance. Ramsey and Ozil should not even be thinking about tracking back, that is what competent defensively minded midfielders do. I seriously don't know why Wenger is so stubborn on this one.
    Arteta looks physically weak, and not just in the sense of strength, he is also turtle slow. It's like one of those old cars you used to get that had no power up hills whatsoever, it is that kind of frustration. Good luck relying on positioning skills when tactically the other team is set up to penetrate with Fifa style pace abuse.

I mean, now that I think about it, the only reason he is not going in properly for a CDM is because of loyalties to Arteta and Flamini. Which tbh, is not a totally professional decision at all. I mean, Chambers may be playing CDM at some point, but it is a big gamble. I just feel sometimes like he is so fixated with this idea of small and technical players from the Spanish leagues that he forgets we are playing in the Premier League.

And Sanogo is a joke. It is literally like adding a chavvy sticker to a luxury sportscar.
    Thing is, Wenger is over loyal. Sometimes it pays like with Rambo, RVP etc but then you have Arteta, Almunia, Senderos situations. And Arteta is the model professional, and seems to really get on well with Wenger personally so it's one of those really.

Why has Wenger gone off Flamini anyway? Start of last season he was really dynamite but after Xmas AW just seemed to lose faith, or at least he refuses to drop Arteta for him. Flamini is a much much better prtner for Ramsey than MA.

I really hope Diaby somehow finds fitness, maybe Chamers can play DM?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Not impressed by Chelsea. Fabregas has been brilliant, but Hazard and Schurrle are still ball-hogging individuals who always try to run and shoot, instead of passing.

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey should not even be thinking about tracking back
    Not really. He's a box to box midfielder and is great defensively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.