Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't think they kill them because they're Muslims they have no problem killing them because they are gentile. It doesn't matter if Palestinians are white, arab, black. If Palestinians were of Jewish blood but Muslim they would never do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agapelove)
    Yes, and not a wise decision.

Would you hide a rocket in your family's house? I wouldn't. First, I'm a pacifist and don't believe in fighting with weapons. Secondly, i love my family too much to put them in danger. Third, my government would have huge issues with rockets being in civilian neighborhoods.

The Qur'an is clear:
    (I boldened some below.)

2:190 (Y. Ali) Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.
    2:191 (Y. Ali) And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
    2:193 (Y. Ali) And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah. but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.

2:216 (Y. Ali) Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

2:244 (Y. Ali) Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things.

3:167 (Y. Ali) And the Hypocrites also. These were told: "Come, fight in the way of Allah, or (at least) drive (The foe from your city)." They said: "Had we known how to fight, we should certainly have followed you." They were that day nearer to Unbelief than to Faith, saying with their lips what was not in their hearts but Allah hath full knowledge of all they conceal.
    3:168 (Y. Ali) (They are) the ones that say, (of their brethren slain), while they themselves sit (at ease): "If only they had listened to us they would not have been slain." Say: "Avert death from your own selves, if ye speak the truth."
    3:169 (Y. Ali) Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord;
    3:170 (Y. Ali) They rejoice in the bounty provided by Allah. And with regard to those left behind, who have not yet joined them (in their bliss), the (Martyrs) glory in the fact that on them is no fear, nor have they (cause to) grieve.

4:74 (Y. Ali) Let those fight in the cause of Allah Who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah,- whether he is slain or gets victory - Soon shall We give him a reward of great (value).
    4:75 (Y. Ali) And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!"

4:76 (Y. Ali) Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil: So fight ye against the friends of Satan: feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan.

4:77 (Y. Ali) Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who were told to hold back their hands (from fight) but establish regular prayers and spend in regular charity? When (at length) the order for fighting was issued to them, behold! a section of them feared men as - or even more than - they should have feared Allah. They said: "Our Lord! Why hast Thou ordered us to fight? Wouldst Thou not Grant us respite to our (natural) term, near (enough)?" Say: "Short is the enjoyment of this world: the Hereafter is the best for those who do right: Never will ye be dealt with unjustly in the very least!

4:84 (Y. Ali) Then fight in Allah's cause - Thou art held responsible only for thyself - and rouse the believers. It may be that Allah will restrain the fury of the Unbelievers; for Allah is the strongest in might and in punishment.

4:89 (Y. Ali) They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks;-

4:95 (Y. Ali) Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-

8:38 (Y. Ali) Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from Unbelief), their past would be forgiven them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them).
    8:39 (Y. Ali) And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

8:65 (Y. Ali) O Messenger. rouse the Believers to the fight. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the Unbelievers: for these are a people without understanding.
    8:66 (Y. Ali) For the present, Allah hath lightened your (task), for He knoweth that there is a weak spot in you: But (even so), if there are a hundred of you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred, and if a thousand, they will vanquish two thousand, with the leave of Allah. for Allah is with those who patiently persevere.
    8:67 (Y. Ali) It is not fitting for an apostle that he should have prisoners of war until he hath thoroughly subdued the land. Ye look for the temporal goods of this world; but Allah looketh to the Hereafter: And Allah is Exalted in might, Wise.
    8:68 (Y. Ali) Had it not been for a previous ordainment from Allah, a severe penalty would have reached you for the (ransom) that ye took.
    8:69
    (Y. Ali) But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good: but fear Allah. for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
    8:70
    (Y. Ali) O Messenger. say to those who are captives in your hands: "If Allah findeth any good in your hearts, He will give you something better than what has been taken from you, and He will forgive you: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."
    8:71 (Y. Ali) But if they have treacherous designs against thee, (O Messenger.), they have already been in treason against Allah, and so hath He given (thee) power over them. And Allah so He Who hath (full) knowledge and wisdom.

8:72 (Y. Ali) Those who believed, and adopted exile, and fought for the Faith, with their property and their persons, in the cause of Allah, as well as those who gave (them) asylum and aid,- these are (all) friends and protectors, one of another. As to those who believed but came not into exile, ye owe no duty of protection to them until they come into exile; but if they seek your aid in religion, it is your duty to help them, except against a people with whom ye have a treaty of mutual alliance. And (remember) Allah seeth all that ye do.
    8:73 (Y. Ali) The Unbelievers are protectors, one of another: Unless ye do this, (protect each other), there would be tumult and oppression on earth, and great mischief.

8:74 (Y. Ali) Those who believe, and adopt exile, and fight for the Faith, in the cause of Allah as well as those who give (them) asylum and aid,- these are (all) in very truth the Believers: for them is the forgiveness of sins and a provision most generous.

8:75 (Y. Ali) And those who accept Faith subsequently, and adopt exile, and fight for the Faith in your company,- they are of you. But kindred by blood have prior rights against each other in the Book of Allah. Verily Allah is well-acquainted with all things.

9:5 (Y. Ali) But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

9:13 (Y. Ali) Will ye not fight people who violated their oaths, plotted to expel the Messenger, and took the aggressive by being the first (to assault) you? Do ye fear them? Nay, it is Allah Whom ye should more justly fear, if ye believe!
    9:14 (Y. Ali) Fight them, and Allah will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, heal the breasts of Believers,

9:29 (Y. Ali) Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
    9:30 (Y. Ali) The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!

9:44 (Y. Ali) Those who believe in Allah and the Last Day ask thee for no exemption from fighting with their goods and persons. And Allah knoweth well those who do their duty.
    9:45 (Y. Ali) Only those ask thee for exemption who believe not in Allah and the Last Day, and whose hearts are in doubt, so that they are tossed in their doubts to and fro.

9:81 (Y. Ali) Those who were left behind (in the Tabuk expedition) rejoiced in their inaction behind the back of the Messenger of Allah. they hated to strive and fight, with their goods and their persons, in the cause of Allah. they said, "Go not forth in the heat." Say, "The fire of Hell is fiercer in heat." If only they could understand!

9:82 (Y. Ali) Let them laugh a little: much will they weep: a recompense for the (evil) that they do.

9:83 (Y. Ali) If, then, Allah bring thee back to any of them, and they ask thy permission to come out (with thee), say: "Never shall ye come out with me, nor fight an enemy with me: for ye preferred to sit inactive on the first occasion: Then sit ye (now) with those who lag behind."

9:86 (Y. Ali) When a Sura comes down, enjoining them to believe in Allah and to strive and fight along with His Messenger, those with wealth and influence among them ask thee for exemption, and say: "Leave us (behind): we would be with those who sit (at home)."
    9:87 (Y. Ali) They prefer to be with (the women), who remain behind (at home): their hearts are sealed and so they understand not.
    9:88 (Y. Ali) But the Messenger, and those who believe with him, strive and fight with their wealth and their persons: for them are (all) good things: and it is they who will prosper.

9:123 (Y. Ali) O ye who believe! fight the unbelievers who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you: and know that Allah is with those who fear Him.

33:26 (Y. Ali) And those of the People of the Book who aided them - Allah did take them down from their strongholds and cast terror into their hearts. (So that) some ye slew, and some ye made prisoners.
    33:27
    (Y. Ali) And He made you heirs of their lands, their houses, and their goods, and of a land which ye had not frequented (before). And Allah has power over all things.

47:4 (Y. Ali) Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.

47:20 (Y. Ali) Those who believe say, "Why is not a sura sent down (for us)?" But when a sura of basic or categorical meaning is revealed, and fighting is mentioned therein, thou wilt see those in whose hearts is a disease looking at thee with a look of one in swoon at the approach of death. But more fitting for them-

48:15 (Y. Ali) Those who lagged behind (will say), when ye (are free to) march and take booty (in war): "Permit us to follow you." They wish to change Allah's decree: Say: "Not thus will ye follow us: Allah has already declared (this) beforehand": then they will say, "But ye are jealous of us." Nay, but little do they understand (such things).

48:16 (Y. Ali) Say to the desert Arabs who lagged behind: "Ye shall be summoned (to fight) against a people given to vehement war: then shall ye fight, or they shall submit. Then if ye show obedience, Allah will grant you a goodly reward, but if ye turn back as ye did before, He will punish you with a grievous Penalty."
    48:17 (Y. Ali) No blame is there on the blind, nor is there blame on the lame, nor on one ill (if he joins not the war): But he that obeys Allah and his Messenger,- ((Allah)) will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow; and he who turns back, ((Allah)) will punish him with a grievous Penalty.

59:2 (Y. Ali) It is He Who got out the Unbelievers among the People of the Book from their homes at the first gathering (of the forces). Little did ye think that they would get out: And they thought that their fortresses would defend them from Allah. But the (Wrath of) Allah came to them from quarters from which they little expected (it), and cast terror into their hearts, so that they destroyed their dwellings by their own hands and the hands of the Believers, take warning, then, O ye with eyes (to see)!
    59:3 (Y. Ali) And had it not been that Allah had decreed banishment for them, He would certainly have punished them in this world: And in the Hereafter they shall (certainly) have the Punishment of the Fire.

59:4 (Y. Ali) That is because they resisted Allah and His Messenger. and if any one resists Allah, verily Allah is severe in Punishment.

61:4 (Y. Ali) Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure.

I thank God I'm not a sheik too. I couldn't be. I believe the Qur'an is not truly from God. I believe Muhammad is one of the false prophets that Jesus prophesied would come (Matthew 24:11; Matthew 24:24). I'm thankful to God for Jesus Christ and strive (though I'm not perfect; thank God for His amazing grace and love!) to obey Jesus' commands.

What is your interpretation of Jesus' command to love one's enemies (Matthew 5:44; Luke 6:27-37)? To me, Jesus' actions and commands are important. Jesus Christ did not kill anybody, nor did his followers who walked and talked with him.
    Could you tell me how Hamas could be less cowardly.

I'll prove to you that you're a utter hypocrite.

1. It is obvious that the god of the Torah is a monster. It is known that he advocates war crimes against children and women. Do you deny it?

The God of the Quran doesn't encourage Muslims to be pacifists. Fight against oppression and do not transgress. The Quran forbids breaking peace treaties and conventions. The God of the Quran is more to your liking than the god of the Torah. If you deny explain.

The god of the Torah is Jesus. Deny it?

2. You object to warfare. Is it because you think its evil or because you think it goes against the teachings of Jesus. In either case explain to me how could Jesus or God advocate the killing of innocents and raping of women in the Torah???

3. I see Christianity as the explanation for the apparent failure of Jesus Christ, who was no head of state.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  10527424_10101700096809297_2551362732282055795_n.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  36.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    The Saudi leadership criticized the indifference of the international media to the war crimes committed by Israel or did I misunderstand it? Unbelievable. I thought they were pro-Zion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sic semper erat)
    Why would you put a flag foreign to you on your profile? You're not proud of your own country?
    I have the Palestinian flag up as a symbol of solidarity with the Palestinian people. (As have thousands of other people on social media)

Anyway, let's not derail the thread. I'll leave you to continue spewing your Zionist filth.

ReputationRep:
    Why Does Israel Keep Changing Its Story On Gaza?

The Times of Israel publishes then deletes an article postulating that Israel is permitted to commit genocide

Foreign Office is investigating reports that an Israeli soldier captured by Hamas is British

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBlue7)
    Could you tell me how Hamas could be less cowardly.
    They could be less cowardly by putting the safety of their families before their hatred of Israel, by making sure their families and other peoples' families in Gaza are in safe shelters instead of using them as human shields.

I'll prove to you that you're a utter hypocrite.

1. It is obvious that the god of the Torah is a monster. It is known that he advocates war crimes against children and women. Do you deny it?
    I would be a hypocrite if I were a follower of the Torah. However, I'm not a follower of the Torah. I'm a Gentile Christian who does not follow the Torah but rather follows Jesus Christ. If I followed the Torah, I would be sacrificing or wanting to sacrifice animals according to the Law of Moses in the Torah, but I don't. I believe Jesus fulfills the commands of the Torah, including animal sacrifices. When Jesus died once for all as the Lamb of God, he fulfilled the requirement for animal sacrifices that God demanded for sin offerings.

Gentile Christians are not required by God's Spirit to follow the Torah. Please see Acts 10 and Acts 15. Many Jewish Christians also believe that they are no longer under the Old Covenant's regulations but rather the New Covenant in Jesus Christ.

The God of the Quran doesn't encourage Muslims to be pacifists.
    Agreed.

Fight against oppression and do not transgress. The Quran forbids breaking peace treaties and conventions. The God of the Quran is more to your liking than the god of the Torah. If you deny explain.
    The god of the Qur'an is not to my liking at all, because the god of the Qur'an contradicts my Father in Heaven. Jesus taught about the Father in Heaven and the Kingdom of Heaven; he did not teach his followers to fight people but rather taught the way to the Father:
    (I boldened verses below.)

'Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' (John 14:6 NIV)

The god of the Torah is Jesus. Deny it?
    The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob made a new covenant through Jesus, prophesied about by the prophet Jeremiah:

'31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. '
    https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...eremiah31.html

The Torah is the Old Covenant; Jesus Christ is the New Covenant and is for Jewish people (Jesus is Jewish and is the fulfillment of Jewish prophecy) and Gentiles. When Jesus Christ rose from the dead, the New Covenant began (31:31). When Jesus Christ returns as King, 31:33-34 will be fulfilled as the house of Israel will 'Know the LORD'.

2. You object to warfare. Is it because you think its evil or because you think it goes against the teachings of Jesus. In either case explain to me how could Jesus or God advocate the killing of innocents and raping of women in the Torah???
    The Old Covenant was for the time before Jesus Christ and includes prophesies/promises/Law that Jesus fulfills.

Jesus Christ did not advocate killing innocents or raping anyone, but rather told taught about the Father in Heaven and the Kingdom of Heaven.

Jesus Christ taught his followers to bless those who curse them, pray for those who hurt them, and do good to people (Luke 6:27-38). This is not advocating killing at all.

While Jesus did not talk about rape, he does condemn lust (Matthew 5:27-30), using hyperbole to show the importance of controlling oneself and not lusting.

Jesus also gave God's ideal for marriage while talking about divorce:

'4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[Gen. 1:27]5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[Gen. 2:24]? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”'
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...19&version=NIV

3. I see Christianity as the explanation for the apparent failure of Jesus Christ, who was no head of state.
    You are free to see Christianity however you want. God gives people free will.

Jesus Christ is my King (the Messiah) and he taught people to love enemies, not fight them. Instead of fighting the Romans who were oppressing Israel/Judea and fighting Jewish people who did not believe in him, Jesus obeyed his Father in Heaven and died for people. While he could have sent for the angels to fight for him, and he could have led a human army, he didn't. He instead became the ultimate example of love in action. God rose him from the dead and someday Jesus will return as King, thus fulfilling the rest of the Messianic prophecies/promises concerning him.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter what he is to be honest.

A Nazi officer captured by the Jews during the Holocaust deserved to be crucified and left to rot...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)

A Nazi officer captured by the Jews during the Holocaust deserved to be crucified and left to rot...
    Woah woah woah waoh, where do Nazis come into this?

ReputationRep:

True, but to the British government it'd matter a whole lot. They'd campaign ferociously for his release, which would lay bare their blatant hypocrisy when it comes to British citizens fighting foreign wars.

ReputationRep:
    Using Mahatma Gandhi's name I guess would be better. Martin Luther King Jr. was fighting for civil rights and equality and his movement was not resisting occupation or state sponsored terrorism.
    Don't Arabs in Palestine have an issue with Israel not treating them as equals and not giving them civil rights? If so, then MLK Jr's example is a good one.

Anyway, do you think its ethical or not ethical for a government to pay individuals to propagate their agendas in social media etc?
    Governments do many things that are not ethical. I do not think it's a matter of ethical or not really to pay individuals to propagate their agendas in social media. They do anyways. For example here in the USA, the 2 main political parties pay individuals to propagate their agendas... it's a normal thing.

Is your government paying you to propagate your agenda? My government is not paying me for expressing my opinion. Actually, since I am ashamed of my country's invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, and advocate Jesus' commands to love enemies, I am not all that popular with some American soldiers I know (one of my friends actually decided not to be my friend anymore due to my stance on Jesus' command to love enemies; he is a Marine who loves guns). I also would be very surprised if my government even knew I existed. I think they just see me as another American citizen born and raised in the USA and that's really it.

To me, what is most unethical is not living up to the Golden rule (which Jesus taught: Luke 6:31) of treating others how you would like to be treated. Since I don't want to be killed, I should not kill others. Since I don't want to be enslaved, I should not enslave others. Since I don't want to be hurt, I should not hurt others. To me, ethics is as simple as following the Golden Rule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Woah woah woah waoh, where do Nazis come into this?
    When the Jews were oppressed and mass murdered, I wouldn't have held it against them and completely understood if they had brutally killed any Nazi soldier they captured?

Now can you tell who is being oppressed and mass murdered at the moment and who captured a Nazi Israeli soldier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by well in the dark)
    True, but to the British government it'd matter a whole lot. They'd campaign ferociously for his release, which would lay bare their blatant hypocrisy when it comes to British citizens fighting foreign wars.
    **** the British government

ReputationRep:
    Israel. Broadly support the offensive, but I am concerned about the civilian death count.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    When the Jews were oppressed and mass murdered, I wouldn't have held it against them and completely understood if they had brutally killed any Nazi soldier they captured?

Now can you tell who is being oppressed and mass murdered at the moment and who captured a Nazi Israeli soldier?
    *sniff sniff* I smell reductio ad Hitelrum. And it still doesn't make severe abuse of the captive correct.

ReputationRep:
    They could be less cowardly by putting the safety of their families before their hatred of Israel, by making sure their families and other peoples' families in Gaza are in safe shelters instead of using them as human shields.

I would be a hypocrite if I were a follower of the Torah. However, I'm not a follower of the Torah. I'm a Gentile Christian who does not follow the Torah but rather follows Jesus Christ. If I followed the Torah, I would be sacrificing or wanting to sacrifice animals according to the Law of Moses in the Torah, but I don't. I believe Jesus fulfills the commands of the Torah, including animal sacrifices. When Jesus died once for all as the Lamb of God, he fulfilled the requirement for animal sacrifices that God demanded for sin offerings.

Gentile Christians are not required by God's Spirit to follow the Torah. Please see Acts 10 and Acts 15. Many Jewish Christians also believe that they are no longer under the Old Covenant's regulations but rather the New Covenant in Jesus Christ.

Agreed.

The god of the Qur'an is not to my liking at all, because the god of the Qur'an contradicts my Father in Heaven. Jesus taught about the Father in Heaven and the Kingdom of Heaven; he did not teach his followers to fight people but rather taught the way to the Father:
    (I boldened verses below.)

'Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' (John 14:6 NIV)

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob made a new covenant through Jesus, prophesied about by the prophet Jeremiah:

'31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. '
    https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...eremiah31.html

The Torah is the Old Covenant; Jesus Christ is the New Covenant and is for Jewish people (Jesus is Jewish and is the fulfillment of Jewish prophecy) and Gentiles. When Jesus Christ rose from the dead, the New Covenant began (31:31). When Jesus Christ returns as King, 31:33-34 will be fulfilled as the house of Israel will 'Know the LORD'.

The Old Covenant was for the time before Jesus Christ and includes prophesies/promises/Law that Jesus fulfills.

Jesus Christ did not advocate killing innocents or raping anyone, but rather told taught about the Father in Heaven and the Kingdom of Heaven.

Jesus Christ taught his followers to bless those who curse them, pray for those who hurt them, and do good to people (Luke 6:27-38). This is not advocating killing at all.

While Jesus did not talk about rape, he does condemn lust (Matthew 5:27-30), using hyperbole to show the importance of controlling oneself and not lusting.

Jesus also gave God's ideal for marriage while talking about divorce:

'4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[Gen. 1:27]5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[Gen. 2:24]? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”'
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...19&version=NIV

You are free to see Christianity however you want. God gives people free will.

Jesus Christ is my King (the Messiah) and he taught people to love enemies, not fight them. Instead of fighting the Romans who were oppressing Israel/Judea and fighting Jewish people who did not believe in him, Jesus obeyed his Father in Heaven and died for people. While he could have sent for the angels to fight for him, and he could have led a human army, he didn't. He instead became the ultimate example of love in action. God rose him from the dead and someday Jesus will return as King, thus fulfilling the rest of the Messianic prophecies/promises concerning him.
    I advise you to keep your posts short, for your own good, and not to preach. I have read the gospels, understood it and chose to reject it.

You jumped the gun. I asked you some questions and you chose to ignore the killer ones.

Why didn't Jesus stop his father from advocating the killing of innocents and the raping of women? First this.

And also tell me how could Hamas do what you want them to do? Shelter civilians?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Get off your high horse.

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys. Samuel 15:3 or something like that

And millions more.

ReputationRep:
    Let Jesus make love with the Antichrist. Shhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know what make love means? I'm really shocked at your statement. Hopefully it's a big misunderstanding due to cultural differences.

When Jesus Christ comes back (which is a huge miracle, by the way, after more than 2,000 years), he will destroy the antichrist, not 'make love' with the antichrist.

Jesus destroying the antichrist when he comes back as the King (after more than 2,000 years) does not abrogate his command for his mere mortal followers to love their enemies. His followers are not the Messiah/King; Jesus Christ is the Messiah/King and he has the authority to fulfill the rest of Psalm 2 when he comes back.

ReputationRep:
    Just reading through this article and seeing the way opinion across the political spectrum is starting to turn against Israel, I'm beginning to wonder whether the Israeli government has considered whether its actions lately are in their own long-term interests.

Despite longstanding Western and in particular US support for Israel, they seem increasingly hard pressed to turn a blind eye to Israel's actions in the region. The UN has already condemned them repeatedly. I also worry that such a disproportionate and brutal retaliation will only engender more anti-Semitism and Islamic militancy; not to mention potentially destabilising the region further as countries like Iran adopt an even more antagonistic posture to Israel/the West.

Benjamin Netanyahu and much of the Israeli leadership are, or at least were at one point, intelligent people. Are they being short-sighted in this conflict, though? Or do they feel that this actually secures their long term interests better than a less bloody response?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what make love means? I'm really shocked at your statement. Hopefully it's a big misunderstanding due to cultural differences.

When Jesus Christ comes back (which is a huge miracle, by the way, after more than 2,000 years), he will destroy the antichrist, not 'make love' with the antichrist.

Jesus destroying the antichrist when he comes back as the King (after more than 2,000 years) does not abrogate his command for his mere mortal followers to love their enemies. His followers are not the Messiah/King; Jesus Christ is the Messiah/King and he has the authority to fulfill the rest of Psalm 2 when he comes back.
    I know, sorry, that was a little too much. Prophet Isa (AS) is above all those things.

Now, you're saying like God had the right to genocide (Noah's Flood), Jesus has the right to fulfil prophecies through violence. Talk about practicing what you preach.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.