Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupsoftea)
    How long was the phone call?
    Half and hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anchor95)
    Any particularly difficult q's?
    None that you should be worried about, simple competency and motivational questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    hsbc nomura baml yeah, Barclays defo not, will have a lot left, ms are now doing finals so assume the worst, cs gave out ints yday

baml deadline is tomorrow so how could they have given all interviews? but anyway i give up with these things... i get rejected after every test. not that ive failed all of it. It must be cv or application letting me down. its frustrating.

but thankfully ive got time to improve before graduation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mco10)
    baml deadline is tomorrow so how could they have given all interviews? but anyway i give up with these things... i get rejected after every test. not that ive failed all of it. It must be cv or application letting me down. its frustrating.

They give out interviews on a rolling basis. If you got rejected instantly after every test it most certainly mean you've failed them, but I could be mistaken. But don't give up, even though you might not get anything it's a good practice for summer next year.

ReputationRep:
    Could someone give me the HR mail of BAML, Nomura and Citi? I applied in early November and I am still waiting... Thank you and good luck for your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mco10)

Don't give up. I've been having the same problem and has happened to me so many times in the past. Just try. I know the frustration trust me I've had mental breakdowns in the past because of stuff like this considering how much time and effort you put in to applications

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mralpha)
    They give out interviews on a rolling basis. If you instantly got rejected after every tests it must certainly mean you failed them, but I could be mistaken. But don't give up, even though you wont get anything it's a good practice for summer next year.

not everyone who passes the test gets an interview tho. your application still gets reviewed. and i have applied to few where the test comes after first interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by REAMIL73)
    Could someone give me the HR mail of BAML, Nomura and Citi? I applied in early November and I am still waiting... Thank you and good luck for your interview

i rang Baml few minutes ago. the lady didnt sound nice -_- . theres no HR email for baml for Uk anyway. dont bother with citi because the reply is automated

ReputationRep:
    thank you. I'll wait then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razina17)
    Don't give up. I've been having the same problem and has happened to me so many times in the past. Just try. I know the frustration trust me I've had mental breakdowns in the past because of stuff like this considering how much time and effort you put in to applications

thank you. for now ive decided not to pursue anything. its time focus on exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mco10)

bro its on rolling bass, I feel your frustration, nothing we can do till banks respond

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mco10)
    thank you. for now ive decided not to pursue anything. its time focus on exams
    Don't give up. You can email me your current CV and CLs and I could offer tips to improve.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mco10)
    not everyone who passes the test gets an interview tho. your application still gets reviewed. and i have applied to few where the test comes after first interview
    If you're not getting through the initial rounds then I would suggest you try and look over your CV and cover letter as these are most likely the parts holding you back. Never give up though, just keep on fighting and you'll get a breakthrough soon

ReputationRep:
    I really love how supportive everyone is here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razina17)
    BAML interview done. Fingers crossed
    All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssimplyme)
    I really love how supportive everyone is here
    Unlike the other sections of this sub-forum :lol:.. or just visit WSO

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone. i will keep trying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Unlike the other sections of this sub-forum :lol:.. or just visit WSO
    American ib culture different to London culture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Don't give up. You can email me your current CV and CLs and I could offer tips to improve.

thank you so much could please pm me your email address ? thank you

ReputationRep:
    Interview with Blackrock next week! for fundamental equities

TJA GUNTE

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.