thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Excuse me?
Left and right, it's often referred to as a political spectrum. But that chart shows it as a compass.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thehistorybore)
Left and right, it's often referred to as a political spectrum. But that chart shows it as a compass.
Yeah I know what the political spectrum is... I also know what the political compass is... what's your point?
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
But no country ever hosts it in their capital do they? Well very rarely. Although I thought that most of the time they build a whole new arena for the contest.
To be honest, the geography of the UK and also the infrastructure means we are well suited to hosting everything from the ESC to the Olympics. We have Olympic Stadium with fantastic lighting, a fantastic sound system, and excellent transport links. Down the road we have Wembely Arena and the O2 Arena, all of these venues could every other European country to shame.

(Original post by mobbsy91)
It's kinda depends on what the event is, so couldn't guarantee it for the eurovision if it were there, but it's purely down to who you know tbh... sounds cliche, but true! Hahahahaha, the Natalie Bennett **** would be worth it
If I ever have a daughter I am buying her this to wear out in public.

She can use this bib when she eats.

I can put this in her cot and hopefully his political opinions will go in via osmosis as she sleeps.
This can be her first cuddly toy. I have parenting all planned out, I just need to find a woman who would not mind me politicising our daughter. If I do not end up as Prime Minister one day I am determined that one of my children will.

I shall have this on my desk at work.

With this in the corner.

Come Christmas I shall invite all of my family and friends around and we can do the Farage puzzle.

I shall buy you the Natalie Bennett cutout.

thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I know what the political spectrum is... I also know what the political compass is... what's your point?
I was giving a caption.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's beyond arbitrary. And you still don't get a definition of "social left" and "social right" from it. And it falls prey to my initial argument.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
To be honest, the geography of the UK and also the infrastructure means we are well suited to hosting everything from the ESC to the Olympics. We have Olympic Stadium with fantastic lighting, a fantastic sound system, and excellent transport links. Down the road we have Wembely Arena and the O2 Arena, all of these venues could every other European country to shame.

I can put this in her cot and hopefully his political opinions will go in via osmosis as she sleeps.
This can be her first cuddly toy. I have parenting all planned out, I just need to find a woman who would not mind me politicising out daughter. If I do not end up as Prime Minister one day I am determined that one of my children will.

With this in the corner.

Come Christmas I shall invite all of my family and friends around and we can do the Farage puzzle.

Hahahaha, this is absolutely brilliant!!! Deserves multiple reps :rofl:
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

This can be her first cuddly toy. I have parenting all planned out, I just need to find a woman who would not mind me politicising out daughter. If I do not end up as Prime Minister one day I am determined that one of my children will.

With this in the corner.

First please don't ever politicise a child like that, they should grow up to question everything and form their own ideas. Just accepting the beliefs of those around us makes us mentally weak and doesn't help people to learn and grow. We have enough sheep in society who just go along with everything already we don't need anymore.

second I'm sure that Germany has just as good facilities.
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

This can be her first cuddly toy. I have parenting all planned out, I just need to find a woman who would not mind me politicising our daughter. If I do not end up as Prime Minister one day I am determined that one of my children will.

With this in the corner.

Please tell me where I can buy all of them.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
That's beyond arbitrary. And you still don't get a definition of "social left" and "social right" from it. And it falls prey to my initial argument.

Its as close as your going to get.

What initial argument?
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoeL1994)
x
(Original post by Aph)
x
(Original post by mobbsy91)
x
You laugh but imagine if you had a daughter whose first boyfriend walked her home under a Labour Party umbrella with a Labour t-shirt on, I would be distraught. Or even worse, if he was wearing one of these.

She can have opinions and date boys who respect her but she must have the right opinions. If she brought home a tweed jacket-wearing, Tory-voting, Thatcher-loving boy who likes to fly to tropical destinations for a Winter holiday I would not mind. He would not be a Kipper but at least he would be in the same ballpark and we could have discussions over things we agree one.
-
-
-
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You laugh but imagine if you had a daughter whose first boyfriend walked her home under a Labour Party umbrella with a Labour t-shirt on, I would be distraught. Or even worse, if he was wearing one of these.

She can have opinions and date boys who respect her but she must have the right opinions. If she brought home a tweed jacket-wearing, Tory-voting, Thatcher-loving boy who likes to fly to tropical destinations for a Winter holiday I would not mind. He would not be a Kipper but at least he would be in the same ballpark and we could have discussions over things we agree one.
-
-
-
I wouldn't mind actually, unless he was a kipper or was really authoritarian I'd be happy for her.

you don't get to decide what the right opinions are though. She should be allowed to make up her own mind otherwise we never develop. People shouldn't have political views thrust upon them but instead should be allowed to question everything and make up their own minds.
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

-
-
-
That doesn't answer where I can get them from

The bib is possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_7054992.html

thatll answer your question.
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Aph has the right place, they are all on Amazon. I am sorry I got sidetracked with a nightmare but I highly recommend this book.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well done Cleggers.. he (possibly) survives..

Breathtaking' surge of Tory tactical votes to save Nick Clegg in Hallam – poll

Sheffield Hallam constituency poll (ICM w/ candidates not named):
LAB - 34%
LDEM - 32%
CON - 21%
UKIP - 8%
GRN - 4%

Sheffield Hallam constituency poll (ICM w/ candidates named):
LDEM - 42%
LAB - 35%
CON - 12%
UKIP - 7%
GRN - 3%
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

With this in the corner.

Lol -that bib is going to give any child nightmares. At least the mug is a mug, baby's clothes shouldn't be politicised by anyone, I take it UKIP don't support Dora the Explorer, a foreigner who has never contributed a penny to the treasury, being sold as children's clothes either?
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
I can say every vodka I've ever drank tasted the same. It's like 10% vodka, 90% marketing. :dontknow: I don't like any vodka, in fact.
I've never had any more expensive brands such as Belvedere so I wouldn't really know if there's a stark difference between that and Smirnoff (for ex.). But I've always found Absolut is easier to...swallow...I can't...describe what I mean.

Oh that post was aimed at tehFrance too but I've forgotten to quote him oops.
---
(Original post by Rakas21)
Well done Cleggers.. he (possibly) survives..

Breathtaking' surge of Tory tactical votes to save Nick Clegg in Hallam – poll

Sheffield Hallam constituency poll (ICM w/ candidates not named):
LAB - 34%
LDEM - 32%
CON - 21%
UKIP - 8%
GRN - 4%

Sheffield Hallam constituency poll (ICM w/ candidates named):
LDEM - 42%
LAB - 35%
CON - 12%
UKIP - 7%
GRN - 3%
Wouldn't be surprised if that's the only seat the LDs get
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was doing a good job of indoctrinating my brother right up until the bedroom tax and disability review, unfortunately that affecting the parents has curtailed any progress towards him being a good capitalist.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I went to Bath again today, such a lovely town. :daydreaming:

I live next to Swindon which is only about 25 minutes from Bath, and it's amazing how they're just world's apart architectural wise.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I was doing a good job of indoctrinating my brother right up until the bedroom tax and disability review, unfortunately that affecting the parents has curtailed any progress towards him being a good capitalist.
Your brother sounds like a smart person then
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads