Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Cant wait until Bellerin signs for Celta Vigo in 2018.

Biggest fraud since Denilson

Not sure if srs. He is so perfect for us. You're just saying that because you don't like him hmmph!

ReputationRep:
    Im genuinely not sure if Bellerin has ever successfully made a tackle.

If we go with him at RB we may as well just admit defeat for the title right now.

ReputationRep:

If we go with him at RB we may as well just admit defeat for the title right now.

Watch the video he is so quick and amazing. That recovery tackle on Young omgzzzz.

ReputationRep:

Yeah no doubt Debuchy is better defensively. I would start with Debuchy. But Bellerin stepped in well last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Yeah no doubt Debuchy is better defensively. I would start with Debuchy. But Bellerin stepped in well last season.
    Im still annoyed we bought Debuchy, the guy is 30 now FFS.

But he grew on me the more I saw him, it was his stint at CB that convinced me he was a good defender tbf. Much better than Bellerin anyway and the kind of generic wing back you can get away with in a title bid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahdog)
    What help do you need?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just got the red membership. If i want to buy two tickets for a game how do i go about it? Im hearing you can only buy one per membership
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Need to get the monkey off the back some day and Chelsea look well off the pace atm whereas we're looking decent.

Not bothered either way but if its another 0-0 I'm going to stop watching Arsenal-Chelsea games
    You are looking very good which is rare for an Arsenal side at the start of a season. Mourinho has Wenger's number though and it's hard to see that changing any time soon. I can't watch the game but I suspect it'll be a dull 1-1 with extra time.

Will make a match thread for it later btw. Unless someone else wants to.

ReputationRep:
    Need to get the monkey off the back some day and Chelsea look well off the pace atm whereas we're looking decent.

Not bothered either way but if its another 0-0 I'm going to stop watching Arsenal-Chelsea games
    Beat PSG and Barca, both on penalties mind you. Drew with Barca with Mikel and Moses on the pitch.

If it goes to penalties we'll win simple as. Same old story with Arsenal, seen it all week. Most of your lot seem content with the squad you have at the moment, with one or two small additions, because you finished the end of last season strong so you're apparently automatically going to carry that into the new season.

I mean ffs, I remember writing pretty much the same thing this time last year, and probably the year before that as well. The moment you get one injury three or four more will drop like bowling pins and you're squad will be on it's knees come December. Then two or three of them will return in January lulling Wenger once again into a false sense of security where he doesn't feel the need to add anyone new as players are returning.

Remember the year you're going for the title and Wenger gets Kallstrom in on a loan twenty minutes before the deadline for the bantz - and he was injured for about a month as well.

The Wenger out brigade will come marching out, Claude as their leader, while Moh slowly starts to creep out the woodwork when you start to regain a bit of form at the end of March when your top 4 place looks under threat (just after you've been knocked out the CL by a 2nd rate Ukranian team of course).

Might be a little different with Cech this season, and you're depth is certainly better than it was even a year ago, but still, as long as that man is your manager, the title isn't coming to the Emirates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Apparently it's just a glorified friendly
    But then again I did watch the 2012 CS on itv
    It is a glorified friendly. You can have more than three subs and if you get sent off you don't miss any further matches e.g. Ivanovic in 12/13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Beat PSG and Barca, both on penalties mind you. Drew with Barca with Mikel and Moses on the pitch.

If it goes to penalties we'll win simple as. Same old story with Arsenal, seen it all week. Most of your lot seem content with the squad you have at the moment, with one or two small additions, because you finished the end of last season strong so you're apparently automatically going to carry that into the new season.

I mean ffs, I remember writing pretty much the same thing this time last year, and probably the year before that as well. The moment you get one injury three or four more will drop like bowling pins and you're squad will be on it's knees come December. Then two or three of them will return in January lulling Wenger once again into a false sense of security where he doesn't feel the need to add anyone new as players are returning.

Remember the year you're going for the title and Wenger gets Kallstrom in on a loan twenty minutes before the deadline for the bantz - and he was injured for about a month as well.

The Wenger out brigade will come marching out, Claude as their leader, while Moh slowly starts to creep out the woodwork when you start to regain a bit of form at the end of March when your top 4 place looks under threat (just after you've been knocked out the CL by a 2nd rate Ukranian team of course).

Might be a little different with Cech this season, and you're depth is certainly better than it was even a year ago, but still, as long as that man is your manager, the title isn't coming to the Emirates.
    Tbh Shad Forsythe, who came in last year from the Germany NT, seems to have slowly but surely got our injury problem under control. Atm we've basically got 0 injuries which is a first and in any case many of last season's were pure freakish. How can you account for Debuchy being Stoked into an advertising board for instance?

Who's to say Chelsea wont be the ones suffering from a mass injury list this time around? You've certainly been lucky in recent years and your squad depth is actually poor imho.

End of the day this is the best Arsenal side since 2006 imho and with a little bit more luck and given the form we showed in 2015, we have every right to be optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    Our lack of a top CF instilling fear in the opposition is our great weakness, top teams aren't scared of us tbh. Benzema would not be the guy, we need a predator, a killer. Lewa or a Suarez would be the ideal. If we get a CF of that calibre we go from Premier League also rans to CL contenders. We are that close imho.

ReputationRep:
    haha just seen a stat that Arsenal had one shot on target against us last season, haven't bought any new attacking players, and Zurich says they'll win 3-1.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as SKY Sports don't have CL anymore, the monthly bill is meant to come down tbh

(Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Well BT have all the CL games now. Best stream it tbh.
    I know right :cry2:

(Original post by Rk2k14)
    Small team, so it got reduced to sh*tty BT Sport.
    Enjoy vs the rentboyz
    Lel your preseason wasn't even on tv

ReputationRep:
    haha just seen a stat that Arsenal had one shot on target against us last season, haven't bought any new attacking players, and Zurich says they'll win 3-1.
    All you guys do is sit back in two banks of 4, nothing more than that. Youre good at it and we find it hard to break down but the laws of probability dictate that such a strategy will come unstuck sooner or later. All it takes if for Ramsey to smash one from the edge of the box, or a silly mistake from Cahill etc in the second minute and these tactics are instantly obsolete.

It's not like Mourinho is coming up with some innovative tactics:

It's the same plan every time and it cant always work.

ReputationRep:
    Well this isn't a league game maybe that will force Chelsea to come out and play for more than a draw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Seeing as SKY Sports don't have CL anymore, the monthly bill is meant to come down tbh

I know right :cry2:

Lel your preseason wasn't even on tv
    We don't need the extra money
    #Armoutthewindowscreaminmoneyain tathing.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Shad Forsythe, who came in last year from the Germany NT, seems to have slowly but surely got our injury problem under control. Atm we've basically got 0 injuries which is a first and in any case many of last season's were pure freakish. How can you account for Debuchy being Stoked into an advertising board for instance?

Who's to say Chelsea wont be the ones suffering from a mass injury list this time around? You've certainly been lucky in recent years and your squad depth is actually poor imho.

End of the day this is the best Arsenal side since 2006 imho and with a little bit more luck and given the form we showed in 2015, we have every right to be optimistic.
    We probably have the best physio/fitness team in the premier league. Also probably more reasons than you realise why other teams, yourselves included seem to get so many injuries in training, whereas we get practically none.

Can't blame you though, what with your dirty dogs of a manager and striker, wouldn't be long before they were all over Eva.

Our squad depth is ok, no longer the best in the league, but we have players who are flexible, all of our wingers can play in field, Oscar/Ramires can play on the wings, Costa/Remy could play on the wings, Zouma's featured right across the defence for us, Ivanovic is naturally a CB, Begovic, whilst no Cech is one of the best 6/7 keepers in the league.

Will be fun to see the difference in class between the sets of fans, the respect shown to Cech, and the disdain for Fabregas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Well this isn't a league game maybe that will force Chelsea to come out and play for more than a draw
    srs bro?

ReputationRep:
    It still remains a mystery why there aren't more injured Chelsea players...

ReputationRep:

It's the same plan every time and it cant always work.
    Apart from against Wenger, when it always does

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.