Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Yes, I have an "informal call" tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh congratulations, which division did you apply for and approximately how long after submitting the SJT did you hear back? I've been waiting for approximately 3 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate992)
    My status is same as yours! If it was a reject, they wouldn't have bothered transferring apps from one program to another, so that's good news for us. However, they could be filtering apps once more I guess before sending interview invites (a bit unlikely given the status, but possible)...
    Mine says the same and also transferred over from Grad. I think they're transferring your app over and that might just be a temporary status, I wouldn't look into it too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aledered)
    Hey guys, for those of you who applied to BNP: what do you think of the test? Easier compared to the SHL of other banks? Because it was my first application (gonna fill the others in a few days), and would like to know what to expect from the other online tests (BoA for instance)
    Easier questions but too many of them!
    SHL is super-easy in my opinion, don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Fuark. Citi rejection. 3 weeks after sitting the test and receiveing 'passed emails.' So far not looking good . JUST GIVE ME A JOB FFS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefrench)
    Rejected from Citi after the "you passed the test" message
    Same here but I received another "Pass" email after the rejection one.. I don't know what it means..

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone else been doing with applications? Not checked here in a while had 9-3 lectures every day .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaPearson)
    Ooh congratulations, which division did you apply for and approximately how long after submitting the SJT did you hear back? I've been waiting for approximately 3 weeks!
    Thanks, I applied for IBD Off-Cycle (July-September) as they're not taking graduates. My friend said to me they've got a hiring freeze so might not even get an offer from the Off-Cycle.

Probably about three weeks, yeah. The Analyst contacted me directly, not HR. My status still says Application Received on the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I applied for IBD Off-Cycle (July-September) as they're not taking graduates. My friend said to me they've got a hiring freeze so might not even get an offer from the Off-Cycle.

Probably about three weeks, yeah. The Analyst contacted me directly, not HR. My status still says Application Received on the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is the hiring freeze a serious thing firmwide?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Analyst contacted you directly, that's exciting. I wish you the best. Oh no, they've got a hiring freeze well that fills me with so much confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aledered)
    Hey guys, for those of you who applied to BNP: what do you think of the test? Easier compared to the SHL of other banks? Because it was my first application (gonna fill the others in a few days), and would like to know what to expect from the other online tests (BoA for instance)
    How soon after submitting your application did you get the Online Testing invite for BNP?

ReputationRep:
    Got my first rejection, HSBC after passing the tests 😞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J Edgar)
    Got my first rejection, HSBC after passing the tests 😞
    Sorry to hear that mate
    May I ask which division are you applying for?
    Is that for IBD Summer?

ReputationRep:
    Error code 00003 on Nomura logical reasoning test for IBD grad. Any insight on this? What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a way to track Barclay's app process after video interview? When I log into the portal it let me edit the application and re-submit like I never did lol

ReputationRep:
    Macquarie rejection lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back after gleacher shacklock phone interview? Just had mine today was really casual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    yeh its straightforward - just competency and cv stuff, why gleacher shacklock, why banking
    Did a woman called alex call you lol?

ReputationRep:
    Macquarie rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by networx)
    Macquarie rejection lol
    They only make a decision after application closing dates tho..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yhanna)
    Error code 00003 on Nomura logical reasoning test for IBD grad. Any insight on this? What do I do?
    They've been trying to fix this all week, if you get withdrawn, they'll reinstate your application, but it's all a waiting game until it's back and running again unfortunately

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.