The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faith 101)
    i have a question for all you university studentsdo you bother going to lectures if you know they're going to be recorded and put online on the university websitei really see no point in going to lectures.
    no, I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    I asked this question to two knowledgeable individuals once (Ustadh Tim Humble and Mufti Menk) as I was very confused about this issue. Both of them comfirmed it is okay as long as certain conditions are met: we must not engage in unnecessary chit chat with the opposite gender, usernames need to be appropriate (yes I violate this condition but i wasn't aware back then), and we need to maintain a modest conduct in general. Employing foul words etc.. is wrong.
    The thread should be utilized purely for the sake of Islamic benefit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right thank you for telling me this. How come there is a lot of unnecessary chatting going on? By unnecessary i assume it's referring to personal chat and off-topic chatting with lots of emojis and not talking about anything islamic.
    Also, can i ask how you went about asking Mufti Menk etc.??
    And lol i didn't even notice ur username until u said that hahahahahaha

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    Ah right thank you for telling me this. How come there is a lot of unnecessary chatting going on? By unnecessary i assume it's referring to personal chat and off-topic chatting with lots of emojis and not talking about anything islamic.
    We should be moderate and balanced in all aspects of life.
    Emoijis can be used to express emotions I guess but normally when a serious topic is being discussed, noone does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    We should be moderate and balanced in all aspects of life.
    Emoijis can be used to express emotions I guess but normally when a serious topic is being discussed, noone does.
    Yeah i was addressing the unnecessary comments on this thread that use a lot of them

ReputationRep:
    That's so nice lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No problem. Yes that's correct, especially with the opposite gender, as the sis above mentioned it needs to be moderate.

I managed to contact him through email alhamdulilah, I'm not sure what it is anymore or if it's changed but if you need it I'll look it up and pass it to you in shaa Allah.

hahaha it needs to be changed subhanAllah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    No problem. Yes that's correct, especially with the opposite gender, as the sis above mentioned it needs to be moderate.

I managed to contact him through email alhamdulilah, I'm not sure what it is anymore or if it's changed but if you need it I'll look it up and pass it to you in shaa Allah.

hahaha it needs to be changed subhanAllah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know if there is any videos about dealing with non mahram people in real life? I think i watched Mufti Menk one but it didn't really explain much. Btw how do you know that was his email/ or that got to him??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    It is wrong to think: Fulan is evil, because he holds a belief.

Rather it may be that Fulan has had social conditioning, family pressure, decades of misconceptions forming layer after layer, which will, if they truly seek truth, take a little longer to erode, if Allah so wills.

It may be that i would have been the Fulan i argue against if i had been born under another household and environment.

Maybe i should be aware of that, and be more humble and socially aware.
    well, most everything you wrote I can agree with, except this sort of "teleological" thinking. You seem to assume that, by discussing calmly and respectfully, Fulan (who has had social conditioning, family pressure, decades of "misconceptions" forming layer after layer etc) will gradually come to agree with your ideas

however, most likely you have also had social conditioning, family pressure, decades of "misconceptions" forming layer after layer, which will take some time to erode ... perhaps, by discussing calmly and respectfully, it's you who will gradually come to agree with Fulan's ideas ....

and that's the beauty of a true discussion : while we understandably defend ideas that we think are right, we should bear in mind that, perhaps, we might be, after all, desperately wrong

and this is the essential function of doubt : to keep our "truths" in perspective.

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    That's so nice lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, that's why I shared it, it really helps sisters who have no self confidence + those with low self-esteem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    There is only one God, the only God, immaterial, the giver of all forms who himself has no form. Creation can never be like the creator.It is my belief that this is part of the fitrah of the human being.
    it is my belief that it isn't

however, as we all know, this is not the place to have a discussion on this

best

ReputationRep:
    I'd rep this a million times if I could - jazaakAllah khair <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    BarakAllahu Feeki
    Hope you're well sis <3, it's been long.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that's why I shared it, it really helps sisters who have no self confidence + those with low self-esteem.
    It's a good message Masha Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if there is any videos about dealing with non mahram people in real life? I think i watched Mufti Menk one but it didn't really explain much. Btw how do you know that was his email/ or that got to him??
    Sure I'll search some and send them to you in shaa Allah.
    I went online and searched on how to contact him, found an email from a site that belonged to him if I'm not mistaken...then sent the email. I posted both emails on the isoc after but that was last year so it would take me a while to find them.

ReputationRep:
    Salam alaikum...remember me?😑

ReputationRep:
    Insightful video: https://youtu.be/bkBRWS8kQnM

This post is quite helpful: https://tawheedmovement.com/2011/10/...omen-in-islam/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ak143244 I am fine Alhamdulillah dw. JZK.

(Original post by IdeasForLife)
    I think in the case of the US, a lot of Muslims do realise it and they don't trust them one bit. Yh I agree, the political game is dirty. It's such a joke in Pakistan too. But I also hold the people responsible for voting for corrupt parties again and again.

Yh. I've heard of US soldiers carrying spare rifles, if sometimes they killed a civilian, they'd put the rifle next to the body in order to make it look like they killed a Taliban fighter or something. Some of them in Iraq would give sweets to kids because they realised that there was less chance of Muslims attacking them whilst children were around their vehicles ( ex-US army soldiers themselves said this).

It's fine, dw.
    Wa'alaykumasalaam.
    So sad. May Allah bring justice soon. Ameen.

Yes that is true and many worse things have happened unfortunately in both Afg and Iraq.
    Many of them felt guilty after they realised their evil actions when there. May Allah protect us from evil. Ameen.

JZK.

SubhanAllah. JZK for sharing x

Agree hope you are fine sis x

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu Alaykum.

I am unsure about something. If say you are about to get married (or like in the process towards getting married), do you have to tell the other person all about you? Like eg your past fully? I am just confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Assalaamu Alaykum.

I am unsure about something. If say you are about to get married (or like in the process toeards getting married), do you have to tell the other person all about you? Like eg your past fully? I am just confused.
    Wa'alaykumasalaam

It depends on the past. If it's like something haram, I've read that we're meant to hide our sins. Random other stuff should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.