TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ronaldo has scored once since I took him out :cool: Gerrard has already well and truly topped that in the two games I've had him for.

We have a new king.
Colesy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
I've already brought in Arshavin for Van Persie. Hopefully Hiddink will treat Arshavin well whilst on International duty... Had the money to bring in Torres instead, but I'm thinking about bringing in Fabregas in after the International break.

Ronaldo really is in the last chance saloon for me. If he can't score against a deflated Aston Villa side without Brad Friedel, then Gerrard is coming in in his place. Out of Ronaldo, Lampard, and Gerrard, Ronaldo is last in terms of points with a game in hand. That is just ridiculous when you consider that he's £2.5m more expensive than either of them. Plus, if Gerrard does replace Ronaldo, I'll have money left over to bring Lampard in as well! Two big hitters is better than one in my book.

Anyone know how injured Berbatov is?
First bolded - LOL, never considered that actually..

Second - :p:, that term returns.. :cool:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As I thought, I'm down two places in the TSR League to 14th from yesterday, but I'm up two places overall.

I'm also now 10 points clear at the top in my H2H.
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Down to 3rd, but closed the gap on the leader, so not too shabby. Won H2H by 2 points, but the leader won also so stay 2nd.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
10 points above 3rd place, and caught up to 5 points to 1st place...
Next opponent doesnt look very active..
Up to 26th in the league! Long as i finish top25 im happy
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
Ronaldo has scored once since I took him out :cool: Gerrard has already well and truly topped that in the two games I've had him for.

We have a new king.
Ronaldo double gw soon tho. I'd keep him in if I had him :teeth:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
80 for the week. Up to 5th in the tsr league I'm on such a sweet run. Move up every week.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Ronaldo double gw soon tho. I'd keep him in if I had him :teeth:
Ronaldo's double gameweek is not until gameweek 36 though...

EDIT: Do all the people who are transferring in Gerrard this week realise he's accumulated 5 yellow cards? :teeth:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
VP seems to have dropped another 0.1 despite his 11 this week, i'm thinkin of captainin him next week aswell, tho that almost certaintly means he wont play.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Ronaldo's double gameweek is not until gameweek 36 though...

EDIT: Do all the people who are transferring in Gerrard this week realise he's accumulated 5 yellow cards? :teeth:
Do you not realise the deadline for 5 yellow cards equaling a suspension has passed? :teeth:

Epic fail.
Ar5enal Fan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The problem at this time of season is you never know who is going to play. Lots of people putting Liverpool players in but they've got Chelsea in the Champs League just a few days after their next Prem League game so Rafa might rest Gerrard or Torres, so if you have them as captain you wouldn't collect too many points.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Do you not realise the deadline for 5 yellow cards equaling a suspension has passed? :teeth:

Epic fail.
You're not meant to tell people! :p:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by mc_watson87)
You're not meant to tell people! :p:
The more than put him in for Ronaldo the better tbh.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The more than put him in for Ronaldo the better tbh.
The worse for me lol. But i gather from that that you're keeping Ronaldo.
I only care about wat the people above me do.
I'm gunna try and get both :teeth:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Epic fail.
Oh :sigh: :dry:

Care to enlighten me on this rule?

Doesn't really affect me anyway as I wasn't going to put in Gerrard this gameweek no matter what the circumstances.
Ar5enal Fan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Doesn't really affect me anyway as I wasn't going to put in Gerrard this gameweek no matter what the circumstances.
There's a deadline that passed a few weeks ago and from then it doesn't matter how many yellow cards you pick up. So all the players that were on 4 yellows must be relieved!
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?

(a) CAUTIONS ADMINISTERED ON THE FIELD OF PLAY

(i) If a Player accumulates five recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day in February in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -

One First Team Match

(ii) If a Player accumulates five recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -

“Warned as to his Future Conduct”

(iii) A Player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of recording five cautions and then proceeds to record a further five cautions during the same Season, will be subject to the following punishments: -

(iv) If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering:-

Two First Team matches

(v) If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -

“Severely Censured and Warned as to his future Conduct”

(vi) If a Player accumulates 15 recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening date of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -

Three First Team matches

(vii) A Player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of recording five, ten and 15 cautions, and who goes on to record 20 cautions in FTCM in the same Season, shall be required to attend a meeting of a Regulatory Commission, within seven days of the date of the last caution. The Members of a Regulatory Commission will have the power to deal with the Player in such manner as they deem fit. The same procedure will apply for every further five cautions recorded against that Player.

(viii) Any period of suspension arising from recording cautions will commence on the seventh day following the date of his last offence. The suspension will cover all
approved First Team matches until such time as his Club’s First Team has completed the number of matches appropriate to the punishment in approved Competitions during the period covered by its opening league match and ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in an approved domestic Competition.#

(ix) Any period of suspension or part thereof which remains outstanding at the end of a Season must be served at the commencement of the next following Season.
That should just about cover it
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cheers. At least I won't have to worry about any players I bring in that have four yellows then.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Friedel will face United after all then.. Ron still needs to score for me though.
Ar5enal Fan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Who's winning this league and how many points do they have?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.44%
No - but I will (74)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.93%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (464)
47.98%

Watched Threads