Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrexhamfc)
    I actually feel quite calm right now. I'm relatively confident that I made my offer (but ask me again on Wednesday night). Anyone else expecting to pull an all-nighter on Wednesday?
    Me ;p

ReputationRep:
    Good luck on Thursday people. I'm still debating on whether or not its a good idea to check mark schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Check track before results or after results?
    I'd feel like not going into school when I discover unsuccessful by my choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollymurslove)
    Not sure, you might need a password! But someone on the student room usually will have access and will post them
    Aw cheers I think that we need to set up a knew forum for that so it is easily accessible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ché.)
    Wednesday 14th; 00:00.
    Approximately...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyBunny'93)
    Thanks for the luck but my offer has already changed to unconditional ! . Good luck to you for thursday
    What ? When ? How ?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unashamed Geek)
    I'm for doing theoretical physics or maths. I still don't know what I'd prefer yet I'm hoping to pick French up at uni as I got an A* and top of the year at GCSE and didn't do it for A level as it seemed a bit like English lit in a different language, but I have severely missed it Perhaps Mandarin instead... I haven't decided what language yet

www.qub.ac.uk/ucas-decisions this is the one straight from the e-mail
    Sounds good! And thanks for letting me know about that website! Thankfully don't have to wait between results and track decision.. You going to check the QUB website or results first?

ReputationRep:
    Excited/nervous to see the M1 and S1 boundaries on wednesday, and in general the grade boundaries. Please be low!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettFierce)
    Good luck on Thursday people. I'm still debating on whether or not its a good idea to check mark schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends if anything phases you, OR if you have good vibes about your generic performance!

What you may see on that mark scheme could well comply with what you wrote but you might be nervous to remember all what you had wrote!

Confusing, but it definitely depends...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheyroo)
    am dreading results day need AAB and dont think i've done it, messed up my psyb4 exam and the biology f215 one :/ i hate the wait til results, the last couple of days always drags so bad, and then i always wake up at 6am and can get my results at 6.30am so thats the longest half hour ever, so will be ten times worse this year
    if i miss by one grade and don't get in, is there any chance of writing to or ringing the uni to convince them to take me? or would it not be worth it?
    Hi my offer is exactly like yours:AAB. Though I dont think I've messed up any of my exams too badly, Im extremely worried Im still not gonna get my offer. But I figured that if I miss by just a one grade Im certainly gonna phone my firm uni as I dont wanna go to my insurance.. I think it will be worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunny96)
    Thank you! :borat:
    👍
    No worries!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait.. mark schemes are released at midnight?
    Really?
    I thought you had to wait months for those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SWFC1995)
    It's NTU, so when I get my results ring them and ask for a transfer?
    U of Bath says you can change after coming there. Cannot say for sure about NTU but yeah calling them should do the job if they have not filled the places. Though, in any event, it wouldn't be in clearing if there were no places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecawthorn)
    I hope an examiner does that! *please let me have a nice examiner* not sure they're likely to change it though?
    Aw what subject is it for? I'm sure you did better than you think! x
    I should have written it in pencil like I did for my history exam lol
    It was for English lit. One coursework I got the grade boundary for an A, whereas on the other coursework, my stupid self was too lazy to give in the first draft in to the teacher to mark it before the Easter holiday. So now my coursework (counting for 40% of my AS grade) will probably get lowered down to a C
    Aw thank you What ASs are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidM95)
    Sounds good! And thanks for letting me know about that website! Thankfully don't have to wait between results and track decision.. You going to check the QUB website or results first?
    Results definitely. I have seriously high personal targets which I'm more nervous about than my offer grades What about you?

It is lucky that we don't have to wait! No problem, man. Just giving others the same chance is what a decent person would do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divergent)
    Wait.. mark schemes are released at midnight?
    Really?
    I thought you had to wait months for those?
    No they're not!

Edexcel are already out publicly (well people had access to, but they're not out out)

Others are locked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolentMind)
    When do the mark schemes come out,

Also another general question, as soon as I find my results and if I want use clearing, I need to be on it ASAP right?

And final one, Do I need to get the telegraph or are the clearing places available online?

Sorry for these questions, so nervious. :/
    ASAP would be the thing to do.

Telegraph available online. But I'd get a physical copy to walk around with looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unashamed Geek)
    Results definitely. I have seriously high personal targets which I'm more nervous about than my offer grades What about you?

It is lucky that we don't have to wait! No problem, man. Just giving others the same chance is what a decent person would do
    I'm going to check the uni offer first haha!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone confirmed their edexcel login, i got a verification email a few days ago and if you have do you know what time the results will be shown?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidM95)
    I'm going to check the uni offer first haha!
    You care more about getting into uni than what you get then? That's possibly a better train of thought than mine...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.