Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieB1997)
    Haha everyone says that, they're only 35 minutes long. It would seem that the majority of people have longer ones as all the new girls at my school were so confused by how you fit 9 periods in one day [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
    Oh wow, I don’t think I’d like having lessons that short really! It wouldn’t be very good for PE, and with other lessons when you’re trying to do a past paper you’d have to shop halfway through I have five hour-long lessons per day, I like it because you have long enough to go into a good depth of a topic.

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    :rofl::facepalm:

Guys I'm immature... Please say lessons instead of periods [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]

"How can you fit 9 periods in a day?" is making me :giggle:
    ….please say you’re not doing Biology! Crazy kid

(Original post by Lucas.)
    Yeah I guess that's true. Plus (it might just be the teachers I've had/seen) I think language teachers seem to be the most enthusiastic teacher - apart from Physics teachers, bless 'em. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png[/IMG]

He was amazing! When we had our first lesson with him he made us wait outside, and before we were allowed in he said he wanted to tell us something. All he said was, "If you're one of those kids that likes to go up to teachers and shout, 'Sir! Sir! Look what I've done! Are you proud of me?', I don't give a ****. In you go."

Yeah, his personality was great. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]If we ever got too loud in class he'd just stick on some classical music and blast it as loud as he could. He used to teach Music at my school, but soon stopped and just did Science. He must be around 27 now. I'd love to see him again. I remember in our last 5 lessons with him he booked computer rooms, and he just let us do whatever we wanted. During the year he also put everyone's name into a hat, and every Friday, two names would get pulled out, and those two people would have a week to prepare a 5 minute presentation on anything scientific of their choice. Sorry if I'm going on.. It's just the more I say, the more I remember about this guy.

Quentin Harper, you're the man, dawg.

Thanks, but I really don't like my hair. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.png[/IMG]

Yeah, I stick them up because they just clog up my wallet. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.gif[/IMG]
    Ah, I think it may be different between teachers. One of my Geography teachers is amazing, he just has so much enthusiasm for the subject that it just radiates off him, when he was talking at our Sixth Form Open Evening about the Geography syllabus he approached it with such enthusiasm that my parents both remarked they wanted to go back to school to do A-level Geography with him :’)

Wow, he does sound pretty cool! I shall have to meet this dude someday. Oh God, I would hate that though, it’s more than enough for me when teachers ask me to answer questions or read aloud from the textbook Ah no, it’s interesting to hear, he dos sound like a rather cool guy.

Oh no, it’s cool hair! It looks fun.

Same here, I get the train to and from school every day I’m overflowing with them. I also have them around my mirror and around a picture of John Lennon and Yoko Ono

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisisPhysic)
    Anyone here doing Maths,FM,Physics and Chemistry?
    Yup, all on OCR

ReputationRep:
    got my timetable, only one lay in a week though

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody else I invited to the study help session on TSR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Today was actually really good! Love my timetable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niassuh)
    I'm from Cavan but I can't remember it at all. We kept moving around because mom and dad kept getting reassigned to new hospitals. And as for where I am now...somewhere in Fermanagh and that's as much as I'll tell you
    St.Pat's, Cavan always beat our school at football.

Fermanagh is okay, I like Enniskillen. (Y) (I'm from Down)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    I like leaning Attachment 241974
    College is just... I'm dead :lol:

No challenge academically, but damn... Physical!

ReputationRep:
    Actually really nervous about starting tomorrow even though itsthe same school ive been going to since year 7

ReputationRep:
    How's everybodies first few days been

I've just had to change my own boards on OP as my school have changed them :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)

I've just had to change my own boards on OP as my school have changed them :facepalm:
    I have to submit my homework in again because my Geography teacher can't read it-absolutely fumingThe exam boards marked my work easily and often it was a lot lot worse than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I have to submit my homework in again because my Geography teacher can't read it-absolutely fumingThe exam boards marked my work easily and often it was a lot lot worse than that.
    haha that's unlucky I'd be upset too :lol:

ReputationRep:

Mine was actually really nice. I had chemistry, maths and geography, and all three seemed okay - we were mainly recapping GCSE work, nothing too challenging just yet...

ReputationRep:

Haven't started school yet but I'm going in tomorrow to sort out my options. I could be doing Edexcel History but I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    haha that's unlucky I'd be upset too :lol:
    Its not too bad because I just have to type it up but its a waste of time and money because I should be getting a day off tomorrow.I should collect my timetable tomorrow.At least I haven't got any more homework to do yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    Mine was actually really nice. I had chemistry, maths and geography, and all three seemed okay - we were mainly recapping GCSE work, nothing too challenging just yet...
    haha i know how you feel ... it still doesn't seem right yet :lol: i had double chemistry yesterday and guidance and they were ACE i loved chemistry and guidance is just guidance really :lol: like tutor. and i've had double maths and double physics today, maths was good but physics was just meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Haven't started school yet but I'm going in tomorrow to sort out my options. I could be doing Edexcel History but I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.
    Okay

(Original post by Dalek1099)
    Its not too bad because I just have to type it up but its a waste of time and money because I should be getting a day off tomorrow.I should collect my timetable tomorrow.At least I haven't got any more homework to do yet
    and i have :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    My English teacher is making someone before next lesson go to the shop so we can have snacks in the lesson hehe :cool:

ReputationRep:
    My timetable is basically...

Each lesson every day for an hour

ReputationRep:
    I have had the best 'first' day ever today! I did barely nothing, got my timetable, spoke to people, met teachers, ate, played games etc. My school was notorious for tight timetables last year, with no frees and you had to turn up for study periods at a certain place, so you don't get 'frees' technically. This year, it changed. On Friday, I have 2 study periods and I finish at 11am!!! Same applies for Wednesdays.

ReputationRep:
    today was GREAT! but disappointed that we have to wait till Tuesday to restart college and even then Thursday is when actual lessons begin

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.