Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    why?
    I miss a certain someone- wish I could just show him how much he means to me,
    I've got nothing to do either than revise and the boredom is making me feel like ****,
    Exam stress

ReputationRep:
    stressed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    I miss a certain someone- wish I could just show him how much he means to me,
    I've got nothing to do either than revise and the boredom is making me feel like ****,
    Exam stress
    always a stressful time exams, all i can say for that is just keep going and look forward to the lovely long summer you can have after they are done. i'm not sure i'd be much help with the missing someone

ReputationRep:
    always a stressful time exams, all i can say for that is just keep going and look forward to the lovely long summer you can have after they are done. i'm not sure i'd be much help with the missing someone
    I hate to be a pessimist but I often dislike summer because I get so bored :L
    Meh. I'm sure I'll be alright

ReputationRep:
    I hate to be a pessimist but I often dislike summer because I get so bored :L
    Meh. I'm sure I'll be alright
    you might get bored but at least you'll be able to wake up and think "ah no revision to do today"

ReputationRep:
    you might get bored but at least you'll be able to wake up and think "ah no revision to do today"
    I guess,
    Thanks for acknowledging- much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I guess,
    Thanks for acknowledging- much appreciated
    no problem, anytime you need to chat you know where i am
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I want a party lmao :awesome: I need to revise tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feraligatr)

is just listening to music

I might watch a movie or something
    One ok rock?

The conjuring?

:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    One ok rock?

The conjuring?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope nightcore typically

And I might watch Insidious
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    I am also suffering from depression and have contemplated suicide at some point, too. It is good that you can take a positive from such a horrible situation. I'm guessing you were quite close to her?

You can always PM me if you ever need to talk or anything :hugs:
    Ah, then you will fully understand and empathise how depression actually feels like (because a lot of people don't fully understand). Hope you're doing okay today Indeed, I'm starting to think more positively now and it's helping me a lot Well, relatively yes. I went to primary school with her for about 4 years and then never kept in contact that much, except for an occasional message or two on social media. She went to a grammar school and succeeded very well at GCSE; left that school after GCSE and went to a college, got into uni and sadly didn't make it through the end of first year :ashamed:
    I'm planning to send her a message along with a piano piece for her on her wall

That is extremely kind of you - I definitely will do :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feraligatr)
    Nope nightcore typically

And I might watch Insidious
    Ahhh- I just listened, its pretty good.

Ahahahah- I haven't seen that one before. Sounds good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Ahhh- I just listened, its pretty good.

Ahahahah- I haven't seen that one before. Sounds good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel like **** for once

ReputationRep:
    Good because I had the yummiest food xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cake_lover)
    I don't feel like **** for once
    Ikrrrr....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    Ah, then you will fully understand and empathise how depression actually feels like (because a lot of people don't fully understand). Hope you're doing okay today Indeed, I'm starting to think more positively now and it's helping me a lot Well, relatively yes. I went to primary school with her for about 4 years and then never kept in contact that much, except for an occasional message or two on social media. She went to a grammar school and succeeded very well at GCSE; left that school after GCSE and went to a college, got into uni and sadly didn't make it through the end of first year :ashamed:
    I'm planning to send her a message along with a piano piece for her on her wall

That is extremely kind of you - I definitely will do :hugs:
    A lot of people don't understand what it is like, I wish more people that knew me did understand, cause then it would be so much easier. Today has been okayish, but the last few days have been hard. Hope you are alright today, too

Ahh, fair enough. Even though you weren't that close and hardly spoke to her over the last few years, it still must have been devastating to hear the news :sad: that could have easily been me, not lasting through the first year of uni :sad: That sounds good

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Ikrrrr....
    :five:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    A lot of people don't understand what it is like, I wish more people that knew me did understand, cause then it would be so much easier. Today has been okayish, but the last few days have been hard. Hope you are alright today, too

Ahh, fair enough. Even though you weren't that close and hardly spoke to her over the last few years, it still must have been devastating to hear the news :sad: that could have easily been me, not lasting through the first year of uni :sad: That sounds good

Yeah, you see, it's something people always think "it's inside your head" My mum says that all the time Well, know that I know how you feel I may not know your exact situation but I know what you're feeling when you're down Ah, that's still good to hear that you've done well for today Keep the motivation for the hard days as a way of improving the days ahead of you - I always do that and it's helped me a lot. Give it a go and you'll see a difference
    I'm doing alright today; just finishing my final assignment of the year then I'm done for summer!

Oh yeah, it was seriously devastating :ashamed: It was only last week that she posted a photo on fb sitting in a room with her flatmates laughing and then on Tuesday, I hear all of this I was updated on the news of her death and found that she had gone to a club (presuming Sunday night), came back and then hung herself :bawling: I couldn't take it.. I cried the whole of Tuesday night, but now I'm feeling better because I realise that God took her for a reason and she's safe with him now

Noo :sad: Well, I'm glad you made it through first year successfully in one piece Was it the shock of grades that made you think in that way? Or.. living away from home? Tbh I could have gone in the first year of A levels, but thought about it and painfully waited.. it's all good now and I'm surviving "Problem" is, is that I spend more time pondering on how I should commit than actually going ahead with the plan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    Yeah, you see, it's something people always think "it's inside your head" My mum says that all the time Well, know that I know how you feel I may not know your exact situation but I know what you're feeling when you're down Ah, that's still good to hear that you've done well for today Keep the motivation for the hard days as a way of improving the days ahead of you - I always do that and it's helped me a lot. Give it a go and you'll see a difference
    I'm doing alright today; just finishing my final assignment of the year then I'm done for summer!

Oh yeah, it was seriously devastating :ashamed: It was only last week that she posted a photo on fb sitting in a room with her flatmates laughing and then on Tuesday, I hear all of this I was updated on the news of her death and found that she had gone to a club (presuming Sunday night), came back and then hung herself :bawling: I couldn't take it.. I cried the whole of Tuesday night, but now I'm feeling better because I realise that God took her for a reason and she's safe with him now

Noo :sad: Well, I'm glad you made it through first year successfully in one piece Was it the shock of grades that made you think in that way? Or.. living away from home? Tbh I could have gone in the first year of A levels, but thought about it and painfully waited.. it's all good now and I'm surviving "Problem" is, is that I spend more time pondering on how I should commit than actually going ahead with the plan

Yeah, definitely. It is annoying because your family are the ones that you think would understand you better than most, but they often make things a lot worse. In saying that, my family have improved a lot since I was at uni and they just tend to let me be if they can see that I am having a bad day or whatever It does help to talk to others that have experienced something similar. Our stories may be completely different, but we all can empathise with how we feel when we are at our lowest. It's like, you have some really good days where everything is good, and then suddenly something happens and the low mood stays for ages :sad: I'll try it's hard to think positive sometimes (as you probably know) but it is important to, at least, try. That's good! I'm guessing you are first year uni?

I can't begin to know how you felt, but I can imagine that it must have been absolutely horrible. Especially, if she seemed fairly happy beforehand. It just shows that we have no idea what people are actually feeling like and so many people are able to put a brave face on. I, personally, cannot put a brave face on.

Gonna spoiler the stuff about suicide in case it triggers anyone.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I only made it through, because I decided to drop out of uni. If I stayed, I honestly don't know if I would be here anymore. It was the whole experience of living out, mainly. It just got too much and I was unable to do anything all day which allowed my mind to think all sorts. I was also scared about what it would do to my family, but there were times when that thought didn't come in my mind, and the main concern was just not suffering anymore. Yeah, at least you made it through and are happy you didn't do anything to hurt yourself I kinda had that problem, too. It was a scary time, that's for sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.