Scroll to see replies

Original post by All Day
He said it not me

Rofllllllllll

Mackaay sometimes I think you post for the sake of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Monreal HAS to play

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oxlade out for 4 weeks, big miss added a lot to first leg... for both teams! :tongue:

I think Arsenal will have an eye on the CL game so might drop points to West Ham.

I think Arsenal will win in Monaco but won't win the tie and make the QF.
Original post by All Day
He said it not me

dw i exposed him on contradicting himself in the space of 2 posts already
I think we'll win this game, whether we qualify/how many Monaco also score is a different certainty.
Can we score 3+ goals against them? Of course we can, Monaco are a good team, but as long as we win this weekend we go into the game on a big high, knowing we have nothing to lose.

The issue will be tactics, I get the feeling Wenger will go for something stupid like Cazorla Ozil Sanchez Walcott Welbz front 5 leaving Coq to do all the dirty work and that simply won't end well. Ramsey or Rosicky needs to be played if we're to have any chance of bossing the midfield, even if it means playing Ozil out on wing.

I just hope we aren't all getting carried away, let's be honest with ourselves, we played pretty poor on Monday if I'm honest against an appalling United side, the result is more about name than the team we faced tbh. Fully expect us to win 2-0 next week at best and go out on away goals, but would love to be proven wrong.
I can see it being some BS like us going 3-1 up then conceding in extra time.
Oxlade Chamberlain is having a wonderful season imo. The guy is 21 and it's quite pleasing to think where he could get to. Dribbling is consistently effective now and his decision making has improved. Only needs to add slightly more final product to really get to another level.

He's way ahead of where Walcott was at the same age tbh
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
Depending on who we start with in midfield and attack, I think we can score three goals. The question is whether or not our back five can keep a clean sheet.

Ospina
Bellerin Koscielny Monreal Gibbs
Coquelin
Walcott Rosicky Cazorla Alexis
Giroud

Szczesny, Chambers, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, OX, Welbeck

Gabriel will still be out with a hamstring issue - and we'll need to play a high line in order to continue attacking, wave after wave, alamo-style. I'd rather Monreal at CB than Chambers, purely because he's been fantastic this season and is more experienced, which we'll need in this game. With that line of logic, perhaps there's a case for starting Rosicky, as he'll give us a lot of energy, positivity and experience in the first half - bring on the OX, Wilshere/Ramsey/Ozil, and Welbeck in the second half?

I really like this line up. The entire front 5 are very clinical and it would be likely to see a few goals. @Wenger Use this plz
Original post by AR_95
Rofllllllllll

Mackaay sometimes I think you post for the sake of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd know all about that wouldn't you :lol:
Original post by All Day
He said it not me

I think I was guilty in the first post of just making you lot try to feel as terrible as possible post-first leg. I genuinely don't think the tie is put to bed yet.

I DO think you can score two or more at Monaco. You did at Allianz, and you came close to turning it around against Milan back in 2012. The issue is how you start really. Monaco's home atmosphere is renowned for being dire in France and beyond, and if you start well and get an early goal it's all up to you.

It might make it easier you have a liberated feel to the game, too. Similar to Schalke at the Bernabeu really. You can play with a creativity and a freedom. We'll see.
Original post by jam277
dw i exposed him on contradicting himself in the space of 2 posts already

As discussed: you read what you want to read.
Why would we play Monreal at CB over Mert? I know lots of people hate Mert but tbf Monreal was pretty terrible at CB most games (and that's coming from arguably the most vocal supporter of Monreal on this forum). Sure, it did the job of toughening him up, but he's been playing brilliant at LB and definitely isn't a CB.

Also don't see why Ozil would be dropped, he's been playing much better than Cazorla the last 4 or 5 games, a midfield three of Coq Rambo and Ozil has balance and attacking intent, which I like with a Sanchez Walcott Giroud/Welbeck front 3.
Original post by Zürich
Oxlade Chamberlain is having a wonderful season imo. The guy is 21 and it's quite pleasing to think where he could get to. Dribbling is consistently effective now and his decision making has improved. Only needs to add slightly more final product to really get to another level.

He's way ahead of where Walcott was at the same age tbh

I completely agree, and he's been doing it for a good year now for club and country.

I just hope he doesn't keep getting injuries, he's got a lot of potential both out on wing and in central midfield.
Really hope we sign Lacazette and Schneiderlin in the Summer... :moon:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by leinad2012
I completely agree, and he's been doing it for a good year now for club and country.

I just hope he doesn't keep getting injuries, he's got a lot of potential both out on wing and in central midfield.

He's had some good performances at CM but I see him as a wideman tbh. Obviously he can make those driving runs from the middle as well but with his athleticism you really want him cutting inside. He probably lacks the finesse passing ability etc to really succeed through the middle at Arsenal anyway.

What I'd really love to see are more goals from him. But it's really very rare for young wingers to score that often, usually comes later with confidence etc.

Original post by leinad2012
Why would we play Monreal at CB over Mert? I know lots of people hate Mert but tbf Monreal was pretty terrible at CB most games (and that's coming from arguably the most vocal supporter of Monreal on this forum). Sure, it did the job of toughening him up, but he's been playing brilliant at LB and definitely isn't a CB.

Also don't see why Ozil would be dropped, he's been playing much better than Cazorla the last 4 or 5 games, a midfield three of Coq Rambo and Ozil has balance and attacking intent, which I like with a Sanchez Walcott Giroud/Welbeck front 3.

How was he terrible exactly? Didnt commit any individual errors, positioning was on point and generally covered very well. Mertesacker playing next to him looked like the liability, not him.

But either way, Monreal is arguably our POTS.
Original post by Zürich
We played our worst game of the season against them and yet should have scored at least 3? And youre saying we cant score 3 if we actually turn up?

How does that square? And we dont need to keep a clean sheet either, 3-1, 4-2 etc all to the good! Bottom line, score an early goal and we have a decent chance. 25% I should say.

I'm sure we will create chances but this Arsenal team isn't exactly clinical. I'm just seeing too much confidence in this thread when realistically our chances are slim.
Ox has everything it takes to become one of the best wingers in the league if he could actually stay fit long enough to get some form together. Has improved this season but as has always been the case, his game lacks end product.
Original post by Zürich
He's had some good performances at CM but I see him as a wideman tbh. Obviously he can make those driving runs from the middle as well but with his athleticism you really want him cutting inside. He probably lacks the finesse passing ability etc to really succeed through the middle at Arsenal anyway.

What I'd really love to see are more goals from him. But it's really very rare for young wingers to score that often, usually comes later with confidence etc.

How was he terrible exactly? Didnt commit any individual errors, positioning was on point and generally covered very well. Mertesacker playing next to him looked like the liability, not him.

But either way, Monreal is arguably our POTS.

Right now he's definitely better as a winger, but I'm guessing he'll be converted into a CM role later in his career when the legs start going a bit. The scary thing is is that I think he could easily be a top scoring midfield player in a few years, he scores the odd worldy every now and then which just takes your breath away.

Terrible on Monreal's part is probably a bit harsh, but he wasn't exactly exceptional (and at the time most people were calling for him to be sold iirc). Mert is a much better CB he's ****ed in a 1v1 pace battle but it's up to the midfield to make sure that doesn't happen. Plus Monreal and Kosc have hardly played a game together as a central pairing, it makes no sense system wise to have them as a CB pairing in such a big game, considering other options which are tried and testes (people may hate Mert but he was part of a central pairing that got the most clean sheets in the pl last year and on his day can be very good).
Original post by Stefano93
Really hope we sign Lacazette and Schneiderlin in the Summer... :moon:

Have a feeling Wenger might surprise us with very astute signings this summer. Lacazette would be one. Thing is, when you start collecting top class players like this they tend to raise each other up a level.

This team we are building are a team that is so much better than we had a few seasons back with Fabregassed, Nasri and RVP. In the sense we can both play defensive possession and break at amazing pace. It is a lot more flexible.

We are so close to being truly competitive. Mentally we are getting stronger too. I see real winners in this team unlike that era, we just need a rock solid CDM and CB vitally.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest