Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Honestly think Arsenal could get something here but I more likely see you lot going out on away goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Honestly think Arsenal could get something here but I more likely see you lot going out on away goals.
    Its a good thing they have Ox's goal in there, that is a big boost for their chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Its a good thing they have Ox's goal in there, that is a big boost for their chances.
    Definitely helps them a great deal.
    I know a lot of them are moan about missed chances (which admittedly they did have a fair few of), but they also seem to be fontina that Monaco missed some really good ones too.

3-1 didn't flatter the French team one bit.
    I hope Arsenal can do better in the 2nd leg but I don't fancy their chances.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You can certainly score more than two goals at Monaco. Their home support is notoriously dire in France, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Let's hope so.

Attachment 371967
    I doubt that very much

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1426182829.523388.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  40.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Depending on who we start with in midfield and attack, I think we can score three goals. The question is whether or not our back five can keep a clean sheet.

Ospina
    Bellerin Koscielny Monreal Gibbs
    Coquelin
    Walcott Rosicky Cazorla Alexis
    Giroud

Szczesny, Chambers, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, OX, Welbeck

Gabriel will still be out with a hamstring issue - and we'll need to play a high line in order to continue attacking, wave after wave, alamo-style. I'd rather Monreal at CB than Chambers, purely because he's been fantastic this season and is more experienced, which we'll need in this game. With that line of logic, perhaps there's a case for starting Rosicky, as he'll give us a lot of energy, positivity and experience in the first half - bring on the OX, Wilshere/Ramsey/Ozil, and Welbeck in the second half?

ReputationRep:
    Monaco's defence is so strong. I can't see you getting anything.
    You can certainly score more than two goals at Monaco.
    He said it not me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All Day)
    He said it not me
    Rofllllllllll

Mackaay sometimes I think you post for the sake of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Monreal HAS to play

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oxlade out for 4 weeks, big miss added a lot to first leg... for both teams!

I think Arsenal will have an eye on the CL game so might drop points to West Ham.

I think Arsenal will win in Monaco but won't win the tie and make the QF.

ReputationRep:
    He said it not me
    dw i exposed him on contradicting himself in the space of 2 posts already

ReputationRep:
    I think we'll win this game, whether we qualify/how many Monaco also score is a different certainty.

ReputationRep:
    Can we score 3+ goals against them? Of course we can, Monaco are a good team, but as long as we win this weekend we go into the game on a big high, knowing we have nothing to lose.

The issue will be tactics, I get the feeling Wenger will go for something stupid like Cazorla Ozil Sanchez Walcott Welbz front 5 leaving Coq to do all the dirty work and that simply won't end well. Ramsey or Rosicky needs to be played if we're to have any chance of bossing the midfield, even if it means playing Ozil out on wing.

I just hope we aren't all getting carried away, let's be honest with ourselves, we played pretty poor on Monday if I'm honest against an appalling United side, the result is more about name than the team we faced tbh. Fully expect us to win 2-0 next week at best and go out on away goals, but would love to be proven wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I can see it being some BS like us going 3-1 up then conceding in extra time.

ReputationRep:
    Oxlade Chamberlain is having a wonderful season imo. The guy is 21 and it's quite pleasing to think where he could get to. Dribbling is consistently effective now and his decision making has improved. Only needs to add slightly more final product to really get to another level.

He's way ahead of where Walcott was at the same age tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Depending on who we start with in midfield and attack, I think we can score three goals. The question is whether or not our back five can keep a clean sheet.

Ospina
    Bellerin Koscielny Monreal Gibbs
    Coquelin
    Walcott Rosicky Cazorla Alexis
    Giroud

Szczesny, Chambers, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, OX, Welbeck

Gabriel will still be out with a hamstring issue - and we'll need to play a high line in order to continue attacking, wave after wave, alamo-style. I'd rather Monreal at CB than Chambers, purely because he's been fantastic this season and is more experienced, which we'll need in this game. With that line of logic, perhaps there's a case for starting Rosicky, as he'll give us a lot of energy, positivity and experience in the first half - bring on the OX, Wilshere/Ramsey/Ozil, and Welbeck in the second half?
    I really like this line up. The entire front 5 are very clinical and it would be likely to see a few goals. @Wenger Use this plz
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Rofllllllllll

Mackaay sometimes I think you post for the sake of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'd know all about that wouldn't you :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    He said it not me
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Rofllllllllll

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I was guilty in the first post of just making you lot try to feel as terrible as possible post-first leg. I genuinely don't think the tie is put to bed yet.

I DO think you can score two or more at Monaco. You did at Allianz, and you came close to turning it around against Milan back in 2012. The issue is how you start really. Monaco's home atmosphere is renowned for being dire in France and beyond, and if you start well and get an early goal it's all up to you.

It might make it easier you have a liberated feel to the game, too. Similar to Schalke at the Bernabeu really. You can play with a creativity and a freedom. We'll see.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    dw i exposed him on contradicting himself in the space of 2 posts already
    As discussed: you read what you want to read.

ReputationRep:
    Why would we play Monreal at CB over Mert? I know lots of people hate Mert but tbf Monreal was pretty terrible at CB most games (and that's coming from arguably the most vocal supporter of Monreal on this forum). Sure, it did the job of toughening him up, but he's been playing brilliant at LB and definitely isn't a CB.

Also don't see why Ozil would be dropped, he's been playing much better than Cazorla the last 4 or 5 games, a midfield three of Coq Rambo and Ozil has balance and attacking intent, which I like with a Sanchez Walcott Giroud/Welbeck front 3.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.