The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Well done Cleggers.. he (possibly) survives..

Breathtaking' surge of Tory tactical votes to save Nick Clegg in Hallam – poll

Sheffield Hallam constituency poll (ICM w/ candidates not named):
LAB - 34%
LDEM - 32%
CON - 21%
UKIP - 8%
GRN - 4%

Sheffield Hallam constituency poll (ICM w/ candidates named):
LDEM - 42%
LAB - 35%
CON - 12%
UKIP - 7%
GRN - 3%
Fantastic news, a Con-Lib Dem coalition is looking hopeful!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
You laugh but imagine if you had a daughter whose first boyfriend walked her home under a Labour Party umbrella with a Labour t-shirt on, I would be distraught. Or even worse, if he was wearing one of these.

She can have opinions and date boys who respect her but she must have the right opinions. If she brought home a tweed jacket-wearing, Tory-voting, Thatcher-loving boy who likes to fly to tropical destinations for a Winter holiday I would not mind. He would not be a Kipper but at least he would be in the same ballpark and we could have discussions over things we agree one.
-
-
-
If my daughter's boyfriend ever wore one of those - not only would he be forbidden to go near my daughter, I'd have him placed inside a hospital for being mentally insane.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
If my daughter's boyfriend ever wore one of those - not only would he be forbidden to go near my daughter, I'd have him placed inside a hospital for being mentally insane.
Aye! Though I'd say the penalty would be deportation.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Aye! Though I'd say the penalty would be deportation.
Not a bad idea I have to say!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Vote green, the only logical choice.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I see the Conservatives are finally starting to see what Farage has been telling them all along, that if they want to keep Miliband out of Downing Street and they want more Conservative policies it might mean they need to tactically vote UKIP.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I see the Conservatives are finally starting to see what Farage has been telling them all along, that if they want to keep Miliband out of Downing Street and they want more Conservative policies it might mean they need to tactically vote UKIP.
Fair enough :yep:

And it's good to see Greens solidly at the bottom
Attached files
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I just saw the new Avengers film.

Bloody brilliant film

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I maintain that if it will improbably impact the outcome, or the outcome is UKIP taking, any true Conservative should vote UKIP. Far from perfect, but when you strip out some of the more populist things, eg HS2 stance, they're more Conservativethan the Conservatives.

Much like Labour, the Tories have shifted too much to the centre, or at least not done enough to keep away from it with the shifting of the times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Words to the wife upon seeing him.. "Get the gun".

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
I maintain that if it will improbably impact the outcome, or the outcome is UKIP taking, any true Conservative should vote UKIP. Far from perfect, but when you strip out some of the more populist things, eg HS2 stance, they're more Conservativethan the Conservatives.

Much like Labour, the Tories have shifted too much to the centre, or at least not done enough to keep away from it with the shifting of the times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think that statement was truer in 2010 than 2015 although both parties let themselves down on key issues for me.

Though its not that they are too liberal or conservative for me, it's that on big issues both miss the point completely or have no real strategy.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's a bit civil.

I was more thinking:
"Rig the explosives - the time has come"
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's a bit civil.

I was more thinking:
"Rig the explosives - the time has come"
Words from the older and more religious me..

'They said the hippies would soil our daughters when the end was nigh.. to the shelter'.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Words from the older and more religious me..

'They said the hippies would soil our daughters when the end was nigh.. to the shelter'.
Hahahahaha! You're lucky - **** that's gone down in TBR has meant I've been a more active repper, and so no PRSOM for you!!!
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Changing subject, did anybody see the papers today?

It looks a lot like the vultures in both parties are circling. Labour MP's apparently said if Miliband is 15 behind Cameron then he must resign. Vultures in the Tories have gotten louder recently.
bun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's what Prince Philip said to Queenie wasn't it when Charles brought Diana back to meet the parents
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
That's what Prince Philip said to Queenie wasn't it when Charles brought Diana back to meet the parents
I always thought it was the Queen that hated her rather than Phillip.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does the queen hate anyone?
bun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, according to the conspiracies, it was the Duke who had her bumped off. I suspect none of them particularly got on, but I can't imagine it was a proper dislike
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
Well, according to the conspiracies, it was the Duke who had her bumped off. I suspect none of them particularly got on, but I can't imagine it was a proper dislike
I wouldn't be surprised if they disliked her for real. Her behaviour wasn't appropriate for her status and she was causing lots of bad publicity. I think it was silly of her to expect to live a normal life as a part the Royal Family.

Those conspiracy theories are crazier than the American ones. Entirely made up by people who hate the Monarchy a think Diana was a saint – the ones who had sat on streets and extorted the Queen to break the protocol. Diana was undoubtedly a good woman they weren't the reason behind her downfall, I think.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Well I just saw the new Avengers film.

Bloody brilliant film

Posted from TSR Mobile
How old are you?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads