Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laevis)
    Yeah, thought not. Best thing to do is wait till the end of the week, and hope one of them gets injured. :p:
    haha, yeah that'd be ace.

I've got to the point were I'm happy with my team, but it feels like a waste of free transfer not making a transfer :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i'll probably just be switching Reina to James for a week next week and then back to Reina the following week. I'm not too unhappy at not having the best defenders, but at least my defenders play all the time, and i get to have a brilliant attack: Bentley, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Tevez, Adebayor, Berbatov.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Well, you are a wee bit stuffed aren't you :p:

Why you put Bent in your team is a mystery :p:

I should think he has gone down in value so much.....

Just do what Laevis said, and hope one of them gets injured.

Or just get rid of one of them, or do you have any expensive subs?
    Bent is not too bad.

He scored a week or two ago, and he made an assist this week. Also he rose in price by 0.1m lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i'll probably just be switching Reina to James for a week next week and then back to Reina the following week. I'm not too unhappy at not having the best defenders, but at least my defenders play all the time, and i get to have a brilliant attack: Bentley, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Tevez, Adebayor, Berbatov.
    Yeah, James is good. I've had him since the beginning.

You should consider Laursen or Lescott?

I'm loving my attack aswell - Ronaldo, Gerrard, Fabregas, Tevez, Santa and Hunt.

ReputationRep:
    Having James is a bit sketchy at the moment.. What with the lack of decent play at Portsmouth recently..

Still, he is decent, and does get the bonus' for saves & Clean Sheets most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Yeah, James is good. I've had him since the beginning.

You should consider Laursen or Lescott?

I'm loving my attack aswell - Ronaldo, Gerrard, Fabregas, Tevez, Santa and Hunt.
    :eek: That's very lethal :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Van der Sar)
    :eek: That's very lethal :yy:
    lol thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Having James is a bit sketchy at the moment.. What with the lack of decent play at Portsmouth recently..

Still, he is decent, and does get the bonus' for saves & Clean Sheets most of the time.
    I know Portsmouth will be missing players, but next week i'd fancy James against Derby more than Reina against Villa. Just have to wait & see.

Stig- Getting those defenders in is tricky for me. The only real option is downgrading Fabregas to someone like Elano perhaps. I was thinking about that, but i'm not so sure any more. I think there's more to come from Fab.

ReputationRep:
    I know Portsmouth will be missing players, but next week i'd fancy James against Derby more than Reina against Villa. Just have to wait & see.

Stig- Getting those defenders in is tricky for me. The only real option is downgrading Fabregas to someone like Elano perhaps. I was thinking about that, but i'm not so sure any more. I think there's more to come from Fab.
    Don't drop Fabregas. He gets bonuses for just turning up lol, so he never really gets a bad score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Don't drop Fabregas. He gets bonuses for just turning up lol, so he never really gets a bad score.
    Heh, that's true I'm just going to keep my team like this for a few weeks, see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, that's true I'm just going to keep my team like this for a few weeks, see how it goes.
    Yep, after 51 transfer I'm happy with my team :p:

It'll most probably be staying as it is unless injuries/suspensions occur.

ReputationRep:
    Team for this week is:

Howard
    Lescott......Ferdinand.....Laurs en
    Bentley.....Dempsey.....Barry... ..Petrov
    Santa Cruz.....Berbatov[C].....Anelka

with subs from Green[GK], Evra, Knight and Pienaar(African cup)

I'm still in the Fantasy cup so I want my team to be as best as possible but with few transfers, so I don't want to make more than one this week.

I don't have a lot in the bank either, and I like my current set up, although not sure about Dempsey, especially against Arsenal.

Got a few options:

Dempsey [Fulham, home vs Arsenal] - Good goalscorer, but tough match
    N'zogbia [Newcastle, home vs Bolton] - Should be quite easy match, might get a goal
    Harper [Reading, home vs Man. Utd.] - Good goalscorer, but tough match
    Hughes/Mvuemba/Mendes [Portsmouth, home vs Derby] - Should be quite easy match, might get a goal
    Huddlestone [Tottenham, home vs Sunderland] - Has been lucky but didn't play last match
    Noble [West Ham, away vs Man City] - Has been pretty decent lately.

My limit is 5.3 so can't afford top club players.
    At the moment I'm leaning towards N'zogbia, Mendes or Noble, or just keeping Dempsey.

Your suggestions please

Alternatively, could just go with 3 midfield and have evra in defense but not sure they'll keep a clean sheet against Reading.

ReputationRep:
    Im bringing in (Matthew) Taylor from Bolton, for Hoyte.

Will be a good choice, i think.. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about Taylor too :p:

Bevers: Huddlestone's probably a good bet. He missed the last Prem game because of suspension, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be back for the next. I'd probably go with N'Zogbia or Dempsey.

ReputationRep:
    Taylor is too much for me atm

So it was

Hahnemann out for Hart
    Diop out for Diarra

ReputationRep:
    I'll be captaining Ronaldo.

I think i might transfer James in for Reina, but nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    Im keeping Carragher for this week as I don't think theres anyone else who has a chance of a clean sheet I'll be keeping Ronaldo as captain but can't see another hat trick; it will be a tough game IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo is definately captain. :P

Have made 3 transfers this week.

So my starting lineup will be..

Green
    Ball - Brown - Clichy
    Bentley - Ronaldo (c) - Gerrard - Cahill
    Tevez - Adebayor - Young

Pretty happy with that team.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to keep Santa Cruz for this week, however if he fails to score or make an assist he is definitely going.

I can't believe it, it's going to be my first GW where I'm going to make NO transfers ! I normally make around five a week :p:

ReputationRep:
    i dont have ronaldo in my team or obviously as captain.
    dont know if im going to resist the temptation for any longer though!

tricky choice of captain this week.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.