Turn on thread page Beta

Batista's Argentina contract rescinded

According to some sources, Gerardo Martino (currently Paraguay's coach) is being touted as his successor. If the tactical set-up of the Paraguayan team is anything to go by, I hope not: the thought of Argentina parking the bus is pretty sad.

ReputationRep:
    The leagues in Argentina are to be combined, meaning fallen giants River will only suffer the ignominy of the second division for one season.

How convenient.

(Original post by Kevmeister)
    The leagues in Argentina are to be combined, meaning fallen giants River will only suffer the ignominy of the second division for one season.

How convenient.
    Surely they would have likely spent only one season in the second division anyway?

I don't really like this new MLS-style format. When you can come fifth and still be champions, it effectively nullifies various aspects of having a league at all, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Surely they would have likely spent only one season in the second division anyway?

I don't really like this new MLS-style format. When you can come fifth and still be champions, it effectively nullifies various aspects of having a league at all, imo.
    I don't know, they were pretty awful. They lost a few players too........

Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching barca vs internacional?

ReputationRep:
    Milan v Bayern in the Audi Cup on ITV4 right now about to start for anyone interested!

ReputationRep:
    I know they all flatter to deceive at times, but watching the front 3 of Pato/Ibra/Robinho in a relaxed environment is quality. Pato's goal was a great move between the 3.

ITV4 again if anyone is interested, Bayern Barca is following I think.

Edit, Ibra and Robinho both taken off as soon as I post. Cassano on though. And D'Alessandro for Internacional, an FM legend :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    I know they all flatter to deceive at times, but watching the front 3 of Pato/Ibra/Robinho in a relaxed environment is quality. Pato's goal was a great move between the 3.

ITV4 again if anyone is interested, Bayern Barca is following I think.

Edit, Ibra and Robinho both taken off as soon as I post. Cassano on though. And D'Alessandro for Internacional, an FM legend :coma:
    He should really have done better in real life. Just never worked out for him :sad:

ReputationRep:
    3 out of 3 going to penalties!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    He should really have done better in real life. Just never worked out for him :sad:
    He definitely didn't reach the heights (make it in Europe for a really big club etc etc) but he's the current South American footballer of the year, was brilliant in the Copa Libertadores for Internacional last year. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    A Bayern player's arm brushed one of the Barca guys, the Barca guy went to ground, and on the replay you saw the Barca player's eyes light up in anticipation of a joint charge towards the referee, before realising it was only a friendly :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is guardiola wearing

ReputationRep:
    Aguero has signed for Man City

he just tweeted this "Ya soy jugador del City. Feliz de estar en este club y en esta ciudad. Gracias a todos por la bienvenida y el recibimiento !!!" or translated into english "I am a City player already. I am happy to be at this club and in this city. Thank you everyone for the welcome and the reception !!!"

ReputationRep:
    Good game from Barcelona tonight. The game might have turned out differently if Alaba hadn´t missed his chance. Thiago looks promising but one should not overestimate a single game. The barcelona system works perfectly even with a B-team, the difference being that without the first team midfield fewer chances are created.
    Another advantage of the Barcelona system seems to be a more efficient way of integrating substitutes into the team, every player knows his place in the team so well that there is effectively no time required to get used to being in the team , Bayern on the other hand looked more insecure after bringing on Gomez,Schweinsteiger,Müller and Kroos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    You guys should have played Nolito from the start! He came on and just offered you that something extra and got you that goal. Also Gaitans goal was great and the ref was absolutely awful! Main thing is you kept a clean sheet and Artur saved you a couple of times but was hardly challenged..i still hate seeing him play for you! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where they're gonna be showing the Dublin Cup, if at all, in the UK. Looking forward to seeing Inter vs City.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching Santos v Flamengo? Probably not, Neymar and Ronaldinho tearing it up. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Anyone watching Santos v Flamengo? Probably not, Neymar and Ronaldinho tearing it up. :coma:

One word: WOW.

That skill to take him past the man on the edge of the box was quite simply brilliant. :dice: Doing that whilst moving so quickly... :adore:

Also, good to hear about Ronaldinho, such a great player.

ReputationRep:
    Neymar has got the potential to be as good as fat Ronaldo at his peak

ReputationRep:
    Amazing skill there MM. Speaking of South American football:

Just the reactions of a friendly River-Plate supporting pacifist here:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.