Tom (125)
43.55%
Magical Moogles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mangaka)
I hate Helen, she was in the winning team every week and i think she let that get to her head. In reality i don't think she is anything special, just got lucky. Now she is all arrogant and thinks she is the ultimate contenstant; like when she tried to take over the task, as if her being the PM would make the task an auto win.
Yes, yes...she's been on the winning team every week and perhaps that has got to her head, but it's also made her desperate to continue the winning streak. "Hate" is such a strong word, when she has been pretty harmless at the moment.

I think the main concern was that the task had absolutely no direction under Melody's control and every time Helen has been PM she has been really good at organisation and the team were aware of their role. In this case, Melody was a bit clueless (pretty much all the candidates were in this task) and it was falling to pieces in her sight. Melody has her strengths particularly in communication and selling but organisation is clearly not it - she doesn't make the best project manager to be honest.

I don't think it was arrogance, she geniunely IS good at organisation and thats what the team needed at that moment. Being good at organisation doesn't make you the best candidate however, and It remains to be seen if Helen herself thinks she is the "ultimate contestant". You are drawing this conclusion on a passing moment and what everyone else has been recently saying.
mau5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Did anybody else think Ruby Wax had it out for Melody because Ruby is Jewish?
The fact that Melody is an insufferable human being probably played a bigger part.
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kbountra)
Melody looked soooo hot on your fired today..... it was interesting to hear about her 'vulnerability' and I like the fact that she's stood up for herself. Helen's strategy would have been wrong and she's turned out to be a *****. Don't get me started on Natasha.....
Still think Melody and Tom were quite a pair. There's a ying/yang. Tom is a strong person, modest packaging. Melody, as it turns out,"vulnerable", in a strong package.

They fit so well to each other's strengths. Then she goes on about being "lovers" with Tom. Tom going "you and I, lovers".

I think plenty of marriages were founded on a lesser bond. Wouldn't be suprised if they later met up and decided they actually liked each other.
Miss_Scarlett
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Magical Moogles)
Helen hasn't turned into a ***** at all, she was worried about how the task was going and thought she should step in as project manager. To be fair she is really good at organisation and Melody wasn't organised at all (no-one was). Perhaps she did step over the line by putting herself forward a day in the task but she obviously wants to win. I don't think it was strategic or *****y; if one is up all night worrying about something then of course you would say something straight away. It was perhaps a bit out of character, but it shows she "really" wants to win this - thats not necessarily a bad thing in this competition.

That said, she was completely wrong with her strategy I can't defend that.
I'd beg to differ.

She more than stepped over the line in that coup stunt, as that entrepeneur said on "you're fired' that was a strategic move by Helen, what could be more dampening to a PMs morale than to suggest they were failing, she should not have brought that up at all.

Also whilst she has done well in the process she keeps saying she won 9 tasks...and like Alan Sugar said, "You won all of them? Or were on the winning team?"....I find her growing complacency slightly annoying, tbh.

Theres no doubt she has an edge and is organised...but Id sooner see Tom or Jim win. Jim made a come back for me this week, in recent weeks Ive not liked this malevolent side lol...but he did well this week.
yahyahyahs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Winning team every week =/= The Apprentice. Shocked by Helen's arrogance.
michael clayton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by passthedutchie)
Still think Melody and Tom were quite a pair. There's a ying/yang. Tom is a strong person, modest packaging. Melody, as it turns out,"vulnerable", in a strong package.

They fit so well to each other's strengths. Then she goes on about being "lovers" with Tom. Tom going "you and I, lovers".

I think plenty of marriages were founded on a lesser bond. Wouldn't be suprised if they later met up and decided they actually liked each other.
They were indeed quite a pair! Tom's calm persona and Melody's feistiness somehow balance out when they're together......the lovers role play was hilarious.
yahyahyahs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by angryvivo)
I believe Susan will make it to the final but maybe she came up short as her website/twitter says she won't reveal anything until the final-because she can't under the apprentice contract until she has been fired!!!!

And that dog Natasha has to leave.
I've noticed that - Melody's was very secretive.
usamakhanlodhi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So happy melodys out..after last week when she blatantly lied about the market research(telling her team that every one loved the teapot and hated the bag but if you read the the subtitles you could see it was not the case) she deserves to
AND SHE IS JUST ARROGANT"Ive worked under 17 nobel prize winners.... i know this may languages... ive got the appointments so i should go to every 1 of them"

We all know what will happen in the end
Jim the Jedi will use his jedi mind trick powers to convince lord sugar to hire him
Xenomorph v2.1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bloody hell Susan's business is the real deal :lolwut:

Just checked out the site, that's some proper professional thing. I thought she just did some small part-time supply of cosmetics or something, but her stuff looks like the kinda thing you see in the bodyshop etc.

I'm impressed :yep:
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They were indeed quite a pair! Tom's calm persona and Melody's feistiness somehow balance out when they're together......the lovers role play was hilarious.
Tom is probably the only man on Earth with enough patience to listen to her all day. And Tom could also use a strong but honest woman to look out for him. She would fit that role IMO.

Really, Tom ought to take the initiative, call her up, take her out. If he's got the balls...
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yahyahyahs)
I've noticed that - Melody's was very secretive.
Notice how Tom does not have a Facebook page and his homepage also emphasizes how he does not have a Facebook page.

WHY? Everybody except Susan and Tom got Facebook pages. Now why is that... Even Lord Sugar has a Facebook page.

I could sorta tell Melody was (at some point) going to get fired, her business is running full steam. Now Tom's homepage mentions his inventions, yet no business plan etc. Again, WHY? He would have had a business plan by now.

Really, i can only conclude one thing. Tom might be...
michael clayton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by passthedutchie)
Tom is probably the only man on Earth with enough patience to listen to her all day. And Tom could also use a strong but honest woman to look out for him. She would fit that role IMO.

Really, Tom ought to take the initiative, call her up, take her out. If he's got the balls...
Tbh I think Melody is way out of his league.....they'd make good business partners though!
When will I know?
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really got the feeling Lord Sugar liked Melody a lot (a few episodes ago). He just seemed to hesitate when firing her and had other opportunities to do so, but didn't until today.

It would obviously have been pretty stupid if he fired Helen or Tom instead, as Melody clearly made the mistakes.

Natasha really needs to go.
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tbh I think Melody is way out of his league.....they'd make good business partners though!
Classy woman . No doubt. Just curious if she would consider Tom. She could get older, career men with big bank accounts too, i guess. If she really truly goes for character (and i think she might) she could do worse than Tom.
Magical Moogles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
I'd beg to differ.

She more than stepped over the line in that coup stunt, as that entrepeneur said on "you're fired' that was a strategic move by Helen, what could be more dampening to a PMs morale than to suggest they were failing, she should not have brought that up at all.

Also whilst she has done well in the process she keeps saying she won 9 tasks...and like Alan Sugar said, "You won all of them? Or were on the winning team?"....I find her growing complacency slightly annoying, tbh.

Theres no doubt she has an edge and is organised...but Id sooner see Tom or Jim win. Jim made a come back for me this week, in recent weeks Ive not liked this malevolent side lol...but he did well this week.
I don't think a passing moment is enough for someone to display their true colours. I'd rather remain reserved before making such swift judgement. It did dampen morale, but it could have been completely innocent. Helen admits to feeling worried about the task overnight and that can make people do irrational things. At least give her the benefit of the doubt; she has been pretty harmless throughout this process.
Miss_Scarlett
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think a passing moment is enough for someone to display their true colours. I'd rather remain reserved before making such swift judgement. It did dampen morale, but it could have been completely innocent. Helen admits to feeling worried about the task overnight and that can make people do irrational things. At least give her the benefit of the doubt, she has been pretty harmless throughout this process.
Maybe so but I think to call her "relatively harmless" is an underestimation of her.

She is obviously ambitious as she wanted to be the first person to win the process without one failure or to "keep a clean sheet".

Im not saying I dont like her, Im saying she showed a different side of a character, that she does have that edge and that if I was the other candidates, Id be watching my back after that.

She's astute.
Hopple
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Melody looked awkward on that programme. As if she was trying to smile but wanted to kill Ruby Wax.
From what I've seen of Ruby, she gets her laughs from just making the other person uncomfortable - easily done if you can study that person's behaviour and they only know the on screen persona you choose to portray.
(Original post by Mess.)
Did anybody else think Ruby Wax had it out for Melody because Ruby is Jewish?
I didn't think that was why, Ruby seems to like making people squirm. I think it was Jamie too last year?

Helen hasn't turned into a ***** at all, she was worried about how the task was going and thought she should step in as project manager. To be fair she is really good at organisation and Melody wasn't organised at all (no-one was). Perhaps she did step over the line by putting herself forward a day in the task but she obviously wants to win. I don't think it was strategic or *****y; if one is up all night worrying about something then of course you would say something straight away. It was perhaps a bit out of character, but it shows she "really" wants to win this - thats not necessarily a bad thing in this competition.

That said, she was completely wrong with her strategy I can't defend that.

(Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
I'd beg to differ.

Look at it this way, Natasha's team were complete rubbish. They were so rubbish that Sugar fined them £100. Now, despite being so rubbish, they still got over £100 more than Melody's team. From the show, I think we could all see that both PMs were doing badly (though Natasha's inability surfaced later than Melody's), and we also know that Melody's team were doing badly enough to lose by a mile. Helen saw this (if the other team were competent, they'd have lost by £300, £400?) and tried to take the lead. Sugar has criticised people in the past for not jumping in to help when the team is doing badly, and that was probably the one thing Helen could hope for in such a small team.

Obviously Melody would have been smashed by Sugar if she had handed the 'PMship' over, but I think it is worthwhile showing that you want to do something to help the team to win.

(Original post by yahyahyahs)
Winning team every week =/= The Apprentice. Shocked by Helen's arrogance.
Being on the winning team each time is a good place to start
Miss_Scarlett
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hopple)
From what I've seen of Ruby, she gets her laughs from just making the other person uncomfortable - easily done if you can study that person's behaviour and they only know the on screen persona you choose to portray.

I didn't think that was why, Ruby seems to like making people squirm. I think it was Jamie too last year?

Look at it this way, Natasha's team were complete rubbish. They were so rubbish that Sugar fined them £100. Now, despite being so rubbish, they still got over £100 more than Melody's team. From the show, I think we could all see that both PMs were doing badly (though Natasha's inability surfaced later than Melody's), and we also know that Melody's team were doing badly enough to lose by a mile. Helen saw this (if the other team were competent, they'd have lost by £300, £400?) and tried to take the lead. Sugar has criticised people in the past for not jumping in to help when the team is doing badly, and that was probably the one thing Helen could hope for in such a small team.

Obviously Melody would have been smashed by Sugar if she had handed the 'PMship' over, but I think it is worthwhile showing that you want to do something to help the team to win.

Being on the winning team each time is a good place to start
I understand your point, which is a fair one. I just dont think usurping the PM, or trying to at least, is the best way of helping the team in terms of spirit, or as I said morale. And as Melody said on you're fired, she hadnt suggested a game plan change or a strategy prior.

Shes done well up to yet though, theres certainly no doubting that. I think shes a definite finalist contender.
Hopple
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by When will I know?)
I really got the feeling Lord Sugar liked Melody a lot (a few episodes ago). He just seemed to hesitate when firing her and had other opportunities to do so, but didn't until today.

It would obviously have been pretty stupid if he fired Helen or Tom instead, as Melody clearly made the mistakes.
I would guess that Sugar had seen a bit more of how Melody did her 'market research', then forced her conclusion through the people and reported back her opinion as unbiased fact. Karen also had a go at Melody's selfishness this week, perhaps she had a word with Sugar about it too - obviously a business partner who witholds valuable contacts to protect their position at the expense of the entire team/company is not a good choice.
Natasha really needs to go.
Sugar really wanted to kick her out. Assuming that he really didn't know the figures until Nick and Karen read them out, how pissed off would he be? XD

"I want to fire you so I'm fining you £100"
"You jammy $%^£@s! £$^% this! Fine! You don't get the treat even though I've already paid for it! Now $%£^ off!"
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hopple)

Sugar has criticised people in the past for not jumping in to help when the team is doing badly, and that was probably the one thing Helen could hope for in such a small team.
I would not experience a takeover as friendly in any boardroom. Nor would Lord Sugar IMO. Imagine having Helen as a partner, you are having a bad week, suddenly she decides you are cr*p and need a nanny.

I have been an entrepreneur (probably soon again) and any real entrepreneur would say go f*** yourself to Helen. It's gone to her head and she needs to be beamed down to earth pronto.

Compare it to rally driving. Helen, the greatest navigator in the world. Even so, i wouldn't put her in the driving seat. Again, with all due respect to her excellent organizing skill. She worked with every CEO. Yes, and it shows. Can she be a CEO? She misses a gut instinct IMO.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads