Turn on thread page Beta

Teh Super Awesome Juicy CURRENT YEAR 11 (2012-13) THREAD; MARK I watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadab786ahmed)
    Hmmm . Cant remember...

Yes, I can do it with WJEC to.. There is not a converter for linear... It's not unit 1 and unit 2... It's linear and they only gave raw marks...

And I'm not going to ask them for it because I have my grade don't need my marks...
    Using the rules for UMS conversion,I would be able to do it because UMS conversion is maths and looking at the grade boundaries,for WJEC you only need 160/200 for 100% UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Tada
    Oh him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Using the rules for UMS conversion,I would be able to do it because UMS conversion is maths and looking at the grade boundaries,for WJEC you only need 160/200 for 100% UMS.
    Well I definitely have over that
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Oh him...
    I'm all for you guys forgetting him and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    :lol: he did his AS in year ten? I see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan96)
    Who here did any aqa science exams? And also aqa D&T PD and history b?
    I did Science exams,I originally got 79 UMS for Chemistry and improved that to 96 UMS and in Physics I improved from 74 UMS to 84 UMS and I sat Biology for the 1st time and got 86 UMS.I got 100% for the coursework as well because my school thought the grade boundary for an A* in the coursework would be 45 but it was actually 39,which meant I resat my mark of 42 and ended up achieving 47,which was 4 marks above the mark for 100%,before moderation.

ReputationRep:

Oh him...
    LOOL! I was too depressed yesterday to actually realise

ReputationRep:
    Well I definitely have over that
    Please ask for your raw score,when you get back to school and I'm going to find my raw score for Unit 2,I think I will have scraped 100%-I definetley lost at least 5 marks I think,when I get back to school,by asking my favourite maths teacher and further maths teacher and hopefully,through Further Maths I will have a higher grade at GCSE than you have achieved in any subject,it will be hard work though.

ReputationRep:
    Please ask for your raw score,when you get back to school and I'm going to find my raw score for Unit 2,I think I will have scraped 100%-I definetley lost at least 5 marks I think.
    Why? Just why?

ReputationRep:
    Why? Just why?
    Its interesting information and I'm actually a little upset that it will be difficult to find them out,once I have left school-whatever will I do?

ReputationRep:
    Please ask for your raw score,when you get back to school and I'm going to find my raw score for Unit 2,I think I will have scraped 100%-I definetley lost at least 5 marks I think,when I get back to school,by asking my favourite maths teacher and further maths teacher and hopefully,through Further Maths I will have a higher grade at GCSE than you have achieved in any subject,it will be hard work though.
    Why would you want to know his raw score.....he got an A* so thats what he got....get over it...its not a competition :facepalm :rolleyes:
    Why? Just why?
    ^Above

ReputationRep:
    Its interesting information and I'm actually a little upset that it will be difficult to find them out,once I have left school-whatever will I do?
    I don't comprehend what you're saying... All I'm reading is I want to know so I can compare myself to you and hopefully keep me happy in my little self obsessed bubble -.- but yeah, I'll have over 80/100 on each exam...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :lol: he did his AS in year ten? I see...
    And went on the UKMT summer school after getting ranked 13th in the UK for his age catagory.
    (Original post by foreverstrong_97)
    LOOL! I was too depressed yesterday to actually realise
    Doubt you would've realised until I said he finished his AS.

ReputationRep:
    I did Science exams,I originally got 79 UMS for Chemistry and improved that to 96 UMS and in Physics I improved from 74 UMS to 84 UMS and I sat Biology for the 1st time and got 86 UMS.I got 100% for the coursework as well because my school thought the grade boundary for an A* in the coursework would be 45 but it was actually 39,which meant I resat my mark of 42 and ended up achieving 47,which was 4 marks above the mark for 100%,before moderation.
    thats nice. The unit 1 grade boundaries were quite low this time. Regret not retaking p1 and c1. I got 84 ums in c1 and 85 in p1(missed the back page). Plus i never used to study back then but now im serious.

86 ums for b1? Break down for me what exams you did in january and what you just did in june.

Very interesting about the coursework. I thought it would be very high. So wait 39/ 50 was a* and 43 was 100 ums? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Mine is getting sent off for moderation in jan so fingers crossed. Havent even got the results of that from my teacher yet or for that matter my exam results have to wait till i go back to school.

ReputationRep:
    And went on the UKMT summer school after getting ranked 13th in the UK for his age catagory.

Ooo I Do that every year I got Bronze and I Think Silver Lol! I went to the royal place in the city London with my mate coz we both done good in it
    No I meant I didnt even realise what was going on so never even saw his post

ReputationRep:

Oooh, I don't even know what that is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan96)
    thats nice. The unit 1 grade boundaries were quite low this time. Regret not retaking p1 and c1. I got 84 ums in c1 and 85 in p1(missed the back page). Plus i never used to study back then but now im serious.

86 ums for b1? Break down for me what exams you did in january and what you just did in june.

Very interesting about the coursework. I thought it would be very high. So wait 39/ 50 was a* and 43 was 100 ums? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Mine is getting sent off for moderation in jan so fingers crossed. Havent even got the results of that from my teacher yet or for that matter my exam results have to wait till i go back to school.
    Physics(74) and Chemistry(79) I did in January and Biology(86),Coursework(100) and Resits of Physics(84) and Chemistry(96).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Does your school not do Maths Challenge? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Really you dont know what UKMT is :eek: And I would have thought you must have aced it

ReputationRep:

I have got a bronze,four years running,in the UK Maths challenge and never higher or lower-I know someone who got one silver and one gold and didn't even get a certificate one year-I'm so consistent.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.