This discussion is closed.
Btpaton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Didierr)
I put deletion of one base at the end of the sequence so it has only two bases and doesn't code for that amino acid i dunno
Fairly sure that its just that a mutation causes a change in base sequence, this can result in the coding of an intron (a base triplet that does not code for an amino acid.)
Didierr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Would this be classes as cheating?
To make sure I did not forget tissue fluid, as soon as I put my notes down, I ran straight to my desk and wrote on the desk everything I could remember, fat load of good it done me though! DX
you wrote on the desk? can you do that?
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Guys, if you put puncture cell membrane instead of wall causing osmotic lysis, do you get the mark?
Didierr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I put for the snake one
it had to be same age and spend the same time in the cage?
Scienceisgood
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you wrote on the desk? can you do that?
Is there a rule which says I can't?
The Lawful T.J
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aha.
For the antibiotic question I put:
"Prevents osmotic lysis."
How stupid :P It was a shot in the dark anyway
amar96
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
unofficial markscheme?
MrMikeEsq
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i put antibiotics weaken cell membrane not wall! damn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btpaton
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HearingWhat?)
For 4e) I thought it was how they prevented growth of bacteria, not what resulted in how they did it?
I took it this way aswell and said how cell wall would be damaged preventing the replication of the cells. I think it was specifically asking how it could prevent growth and not asking about destroying,
depends how anal they are about it though
Liam2404
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I put deletion of one base at the end of the sequence so it has only two bases and doesn't code for that amino acid i dunno
I put that aswell! I dont know why people are saying there had to be 3 bases deleted.
If there were for eg. 90 bases to being with, it would code for 30 amino acids, but if one base was deleted, there'd be 89 bases, so only 29 could be made, as there'd only be 2 bases to code for the last amino acid, therefore an amino acid isn't made, and the protein changes.
Razer_M
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I put for the snake one
it had to be same age and spend the same time in the cage?
I put that time one. I mean in the question it said the male was in the cage for 5 minutes then removed.

If it said the control variable in the question ...could you write it again?

I then crossed same time out and put female same species (Definitely did not say the females were the same species in the question.)
sarathellama
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Btpaton)
Fairly sure that its just that a mutation causes a change in base sequence, this can result in the coding of an intron (a base triplet that does not code for an amino acid.)
Thats exactly what i said, deletion and all the **** isnt actually in our syllabus, so i just stuck to what the answers usually were in the mark scheme with similar questions.
The Lawful T.J
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Razer_M)
I put that time one. I mean in the question it said the male was in the cage for 5 minutes then removed.

If it said the control variable in the question ...could you write it again?

I then crossed same time out and put female same species (Definitely did not say the females were the same species in the question.)
I put Age & Species!
laithmo96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone know if there is a biology aqa As empa unofficial mark scheme somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scienceisgood
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Guys, for the ant-biotic one, if you said punctures cell membrane instead of wall, do you get the mark?
BingTaoBing
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For the "conditions" for the snakes, I put temperature and humidity as I thought this could affect the diffusion of lipids in the air.

And the conclusion from the graph, I think it's that the male snakes could not distinguish between lipids on snakes and lipids on filter paper ie. they were not interested in length, more in amount of lipids...which is gross.
jamesfancourt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
****ty exam think I should get a B from that mark scheme but yet again that isn't the full range of marking points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blobar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Guys, for the ant-biotic one, if you said punctures cell membrane instead of wall, do you get the mark?
Nope, thats incorrect.
RoryTinker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Whoever made the unffoical ms made a mistake when numbering the questions with q8
khalidpatel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
guys question 2b, how do you get 6.98??
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads