Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topblogger)
    Thank you
    I got 3A*s 6As for GCSEs. I got 4As for AS level in Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Economics. I dropped biology for A2 and I am predicted A*A*A.
    I got the email at 10:39 Today :P
    P.s what are you applying for? and good luck
    I am applying for philosophy and economics too!! I applied on 9th of October and I got the strongest email on december and my times due tomorrow (including Christmas break). I got 9 A*s and 3 A's at GCSE, AAAB at As and predicted A*A*AA in Maths Further Maths Economics and English. However, I talked too much about politics in my personal statement because I am also applying for PPE at some unis so I really feel a rejection coming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    By the end of Jan I think we'll know for sure. It best not be a rejection next Friday...the day before my BIRTHDAY loool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah me too! Haha it's my birthday on the 27th, an offer from lse would be a very nice present! I rang admissions today and they said my application was still being considered and that I would know in the next few weeks. I would still like an email though letting me know that I'm still in the game!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puella_optima)
    Waiting for LSE and UCL (History) Offer from Bristol and Queen Mary and rejected from Oxford. We're in such a similar boat, hang in there! We're in this together....

x
    :tee:
    Yes!congras for your Bristol and Queen Mary offer!Thats very good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzywilson123)
    Yeah me too! Haha it's my birthday on the 27th, an offer from lse would be a very nice present! I rang admissions today and they said my application was still being considered and that I would know in the next few weeks. I would still like an email though letting me know that I'm still in the game!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same!!!!my birthday is in 25th of jam.Really hope no rejection on my birthday that day

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Economics, applied 14th October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bshrestha)
    I am applying for philosophy and economics too!! I applied on 9th of October and I got the strongest email on december and my times due tomorrow (including Christmas break). I got 9 A*s and 3 A's at GCSE, AAAB at As and predicted A*A*AA in Maths Further Maths Economics and English. However, I talked too much about politics in my personal statement because I am also applying for PPE at some unis so I really feel a rejection coming
    Hopefully you'll get an offer by next Friday because I think they only work on Thursdays and Fridays LOL
    Your grades are amazing and LSE know that a lot of people that are applying for Phil&Econ would probably be applying for PPE as well so don't worry, it'll work out for you. I applied for PPE as well, at Warwick and Oxford. I didn't get into Oxford and still waiting for Warwick but would probably firm LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topblogger)
    Hopefully you'll get an offer by next Friday because I think they only work on Thursdays and Fridays LOL
    Your grades are amazing and LSE know that a lot of people that are applying for Phil&Econ would probably be applying for PPE as well so don't worry, it'll work out for you. I applied for PPE as well, at Warwick and Oxford. I didn't get into Oxford and still waiting for Warwick but would probably firm LSE.
    Did you talk about politics in your personal statement? Me too! I got rejected from Oxford and waiting on Warwick. Where else did you apply? I applied to UCL (not heard anything) and Nottingham (Offer). If LSE reject me, I might just take a gap year. You must be so happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by May-o2q)
    What did your last email said? Is it the 7 weeks email? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The 7 weeks email is what I last got previously before the one I received today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C7jnr)
    I received a similar email to yours this morning at 11am, what other universities have you applied to?
    Hopefully we'll hear in four weeks then! and Birmingham, Lancaster, Bristol and Sheffield, I'm only waiting on LSE. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Offer for politics and philosophy! So happy, especially after telling my parents and finding out they lost hope after hearing of my Cambridge rejection last week...haha

ReputationRep:
    Yup I'm still waiting and I applied on the 11th October, but I did get the 'your application is among strongest in cycle blah..' email on 13 the December.it did mention it could take another 4 weeks from that day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You certainly have given me some hope. Although I have applied for Economics instead and I sent it off a month later than you. Congratulations again! Thank you for give me some useful information as well.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh ok, I was going to ring them too, but I think I'd just get the same response. Happy Birthday for the 27th!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherrycui)
    Same!!!!my birthday is in 25th of jam.Really hope no rejection on my birthday that day
    We have the same Birthday!! I'd be DISTRAUGHT if I got a rejection on 24th Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We have the same Birthday!! I'd be DISTRAUGHT if I got a rejection on 24th Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wonder if it's too late in the day to receive an offer today? Where else have you applied for history?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just received the 7 week email for IR! Should I expect the next email to be an offer/rejection or is there another one asking me to wait longer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if it's too late in the day to receive an offer today? Where else have you applied for history?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they keep giving out decisions till 5:30pm. I hold offers from Leeds, Nottingham and Leicester (unconditional) for History. Still waiting for LSE and UCL. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThirdCultureKid.)
    Just received the 7 week email for IR! Should I expect the next email to be an offer/rejection or is there another one asking me to wait longer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What time did you get that email? Well some get a 4 week email after that, some people get an offer, some get a rejection....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think they keep giving out decisions till 5:30pm. I hold offers from Leeds, Nottingham and Leicester (unconditional) for History. Still waiting for LSE and UCL. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got an offer from Kent. Still waiting for UCL, Kings and Bristol. I think they are taking longer with me because I actually have my grades already and they want to see if there's any fresh meat better than me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Kent. Still waiting for UCL, Kings and Bristol. I think they are taking longer with me because I actually have my grades already and they want to see if there's any fresh meat better than me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they're delaying my decison as I resat Year 12, and thus will have completed A levels over 3 years rather than 2. I have extenuating circumstances though. Let's hope LSE take them into account!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.