Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    He's not at a level good enough for us. It really easy for keepers to look better than they are when they're playing for a **** team and continuously bombared with shots. And Cesar's forte is shot stopping- not exactly what we desperately want in a keeper This is just like when people said we should sign Shay Given. Just think about it this way, why was Wenger more focused on signing Llloric last summer when Cesar was available on the bosman?
    I really cba for a long debate and this either way is completely subjective. Personally I think he showed he is at that level back in Italy and that I honestly think he preformed as well as could reasonably be expected this season given QPRs team. If you thinks hes slipped since Italy and that currently Scz is a better short term solution fair enough.
    He shouldn't have really went QPR in the first place but money talks. I did hear/read Arsenal bid for him last year, but QPR offered him the better contract. Not sure how much truth there was in that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someguy123456)
    There's a reason why he was called up for Brazil again. Just saying.
    South American goal-keepers are generally poor tbh...

I think Szczesny is fine.

ReputationRep:
    Quite looking forward to the fixture list. Going to be interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Quite looking forward to the fixture list. Going to be interesting
    When are fixtures released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    When are fixtures released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    19 June 9.00 am

ReputationRep:
    We always seem to get Liverpool early in the season. Tends to be at Anfield too. Not overly concerned with the fixture list, just hope we get off to a good start. In recent seasons we've started off really bad, would be nice if we performed well throughout the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    We always seem to get Liverpool early in the season. Tends to be at Anfield too. Not overly concerned with the fixture list, just hope we get off to a good start. In recent seasons we've started off really bad, would be nice if we performed well throughout the season.
    Yeah Liverpool was our 3rd game in this season IIRC? We did quite well though, it was a good game, especially as we contained suarez well and still hadn't conceded a goal in the league yet. Our first two fixtures which were 0-0 both were v Sunderland and Stoke but this was because Giroud hadn't settled and Wenger was trying to find the best way for our attack and midfield to work together which is difficult with a largely new team. I would love to kick off the season with a win and a clean sheet, it would be such a boost for morale and give them the confidence that the last 10 games of this season wasn't just a fluke.

ReputationRep:
    I think Wenger mostly thinks szcz is fine too, and that's why he wants to sign Julio César. Highly experienced (this is the most important), good competition (much better than our current other keepers), but will be fairly cheap and possibly short-term contract. I don't think Wenger is looking to sign a GREAT keeper.

The other one we were linked with was Valdes which would be a similar sort of signing I reckon except that I definitely would rather have César!!

ReputationRep:
    David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david

Arsenal priority a top cf. Higuain 1st choice & keen. #Afc also want 1 holding + 1 attacking mdf. No df unless any leave. Not in for Rooney
    David Ornstein is very reliable, not often does he tweet but when he does it's straight to the point and 95% of the time nailed on.

Looks like we're in for Higuain and GeoffArsenal's Rooney statements yet again laughed out of the sight, wonder who he's going to tip for Arsenal next?

ReputationRep:
    i hope we play the big teams first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EgyptianPanda)
    David Ornstein is very reliable, not often does he tweet but when he does it's straight to the point and 95% of the time nailed on.

Looks like we're in for Higuain and GeoffArsenal's Rooney statements yet again laughed out of the sight, wonder who he's going to tip for Arsenal next?
    Why don't you just wait until the end of the transfer window before rubbishing someone as being 'laughed out of the sight' - Geoff was the one who broke Monreal before mainstream media, that's a fact. Things in football can chang, everyone knows how close we were to signing people like Sahin and Mata - just because we bid or are interested in a player doesn't necessarily mean he will 100% definitely be playing for Arsenal because there's just too many variables.

Oh, and by the way, David Ornstein is the bloke who said RVP would be staying last summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    i hope we play the big teams first
    I'd rather we start with a few smaller teams who we can beat as to get our confidence levels high before playing the big teams.

IMO it'd be better to end with the smaller teams too.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...itness-1955047

ReputationRep:
    Also: Bendtner's last post on Twitter :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just wait until the end of the transfer window before rubbishing someone as being 'laughed out of the sight'
    Fair enough.

Mark my words at the end of the transfer window I'll be quoting this and laughing at you.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2: the sooner he leaves Arsenal, the better!

ReputationRep:
    What a legend. I wish he was good enough for us.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

Mark my words at the end of the transfer window I'll be quoting this and laughing at you.
    Doubt you'll remember

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

Haha, deal. I'm happy to be proved wrong though, if we end up with either Rooney or Higuain I'd be over the moon. It would be really, really weird seeing Rooney in an Arsenal shirt though...

ReputationRep:
    Haha, deal. I'm happy to be proved wrong though, if we end up with either Rooney or Higuain I'd be over the moon. It would be really, really weird seeing Rooney in an Arsenal shirt though...
    Weird like RVP wearing Man Utd? Not a big fan of seeing players from our main rivals playing for us. Rooney is never going to get the love like Henry or Berkamp even if he does really well for us. Would rather see Higuain come in

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.