Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ang)
    Hi hello101,

I have been reading your many posts and you come across as a very warm and caring person. Thank you!

The world needs more people like you and I sincerely hope you will get into medicine as I can just imagine the cheer you will bring to your patients. I wish you all the very best !

PS : If I were the interviewers, I would definitely pick you !
    Thank u for ur kind words .... I am humbled ....
    Ps i hope the interviewers thought the same ( evidently not as they have pooled me lol )
    But i do appreciate it ... Although that is how most people on tsr ...
    But its always nice yo get feedback especially if its as nice as that Dr.Ang.

On nother note ... Congratulations on ur daughter getting into imperial with a scholarship ....( or is being considered for one i remember ur name coz of the rectal lol no sorry rector incident u shared ( lol ) it is truly amazing ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    Thank u for ur kind words .... I am humbled ....
    Ps i hope the interviewers thought the same ( evidently not as they have pooled me lol )
    But i do appreciate it ... Although that is how most people on tsr ...
    But its always nice yo get feedback especially if its as nice as that Dr.Ang.

On nother note ... Congratulations on ur daughter getting into imperial with a scholarship ....( or is being considered for one i remember ur name coz of the rectal lol no sorry recktor incident u shared ( lol ) it is truly amazing ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi hello101,

You strike me as a kind person, ready to give hugs, sow love etc. I have been working as a doctor for 22 years and I have met plenty of doctors who should never have taken up medicine. Even on TSR, there are plenty of sarcasm, viciousness, unkindness and impatience, especially from this person Hu_ _y, who got into King's !

Keep up your generosity of words and action and if you ever get into King's med school, PM me and when I am in London, I will take out for lunch (a treat from a doctor to a med school student !).

And yes, my daughter got into Imperial and got this unexpected Rectal (oops Rector !) Scholarship. This will be her firm choice.

What interviews have you got so far and any news ? Keep praying !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ang)
    Hi hello101,

You strike me as a kind person, ready to give hugs, sow love etc. I have been working as a doctor for 22 years and I have met plenty of doctors who should never have taken up medicine. Even on TSR, there are plenty of sarcasm, viciousness, unkindness and impatience, especially from this person Hu_ _y, who got into King's !

Keep up your generosity of words and action and if you ever get into King's med school, PM me and when I am in London, I will take out for lunch (a treat from a doctor to a med school student !).

And yes, my daughter got into Imperial and got this unexpected Rectal (oops Rector !) Scholarship. This will be her firm choice.

What interviews have you got so far and any news ? Keep praying !
    Thank u so much ... I really appreciate the sentiment and ur gesture ... But ur kind words and good wishes are more than enough... Especialy coming from someone who is so experienced and a DOC ...... Ps If i eat more i will get diabetes lol lol lol but that is kind of you ...
    I cant comment on anyone ( i have been recently been blunt/ slightly angry in the past ) so its not really for me to think who gets in ... If maybe few years down the line after being a doc lol ..... Right now ... No matter of what i think of the person ... They have a place and i dont so they are better than me ..
    In this online world we cant say what kind of a person anyone is in real life is ... ( i might be the most annoying peron u have ever meet but online i may come across as a good person lol lol lol... Though i am sure as u have been in the profession for a long time ... U can probably guess as to how a person is very very easily even through a few spoken words)

So i just care about getting in ... And not anyone else in the sense if i have a strong opinion ( negative of course) and they get in then my ego will be hurt lol ... So lets just not care about anyone else that way ... It is an achievement that they have a place ...

Had interview at barts and kings for 5 year programmes ( awaiting to hear from both )
    Rjetcion from barts graduate programme ( missed ukcat cut off very closely ... This was devastating as i really wanted the challenge of studying med in 4 years just felt so ready for it - but studying medicine is exciting either way so if i get a place anywhere 4 or 5 year course i dont care i will take it ) and southampton grad programme ( havent heard from them but this means rejection as they have given out most if not all the offers ) ...
    So thank you once again for ur kind words and an amazing gesture .....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    It only changes from that if they offer you or reject you. Mine stayed as acceptance of interview until I was offered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexsk)
    Guys I was asked to upload an ID photo 1 week after interview. Does this mean anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully it's good otherwise I don't know why they would ask for it just to reject you.

Today might be the day..! AHHHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexsk)
    Guys I was asked to upload an ID photo 1 week after interview. Does this mean anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    there seem to be some of us in this situation, i was asked more than 2 weeks ago and still not heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offers folk, what time u showing up on the 19th?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kolatytler)
    there seem to be some of us in this situation, i was asked more than 2 weeks ago and still not heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get a confirmation message that they received it? If not, will you message them?

ReputationRep:
    Interview tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veriluxe)
    Did you get a confirmation message that they received it? If not, will you message them?
    i didnt get any confirmation but i wont be sending a message because i think that they havent looked at my application again yet otherwise they would have sent it anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    Glad u brought it up ....
    people dont score highly...........( I struggle myself)
    This is a little issue which is more complex ...
    Have asked people explain it so i can understand this .. I.e how they create reference scores and how is that given value ; what models are used ...
    I am trying to understand it and till i do i wont say anything on it ... I get what u mean like u can har 70 % rite answers but still get 600 on ukcat ( jus an example) but o be honest ... Its better to think that if u get 70 % of right ansers u get a mark which is similar to that ( this is in fact what they are trying to achieve by making taking any adjustments for things like maybe for example test centre ... Lol i am making that variable up )
    But no unis unfortunately tend to compare ur just scores ( well i can say that for grad programmes but thats not always the case)
    Anyway the point is try and do as well as u can in ukcat ( i struggle a lot with it ...have I mentioned that already lolz)

so yea if u got the academic requirements ( the most important thing lol ) then jus ace the ukcat lol lol lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The UKCAT is not a measure of the number of questions you've gotten right, it's a measure of how you compare with other applicants, so even if you got only 50% of the questions correct and the average was 30%, then you'd have a high score. Likewise, if you got 85%, but the average was 95%, then you'd have a low score.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone still waiting who got the "you scored a competitive score but not high enough to be made an offer in the first round blabla" message?
    When do you guys expect we will hear?

ReputationRep:
    yah still waiting, i guess it makes me feel kinda better that most of us are still waiting. I hope we will hear soon. Go us!

ReputationRep:
    OFFER !!!

International overseas graduate applicant, got it around 5:35 pm.

have to go jump around and cry now!!

Good luck you guys!

ReputationRep:
    OFFER !!!

Good luck you guys!
    congrats good to hear that bein asked to provide documents is probably a good thing...bad thing is that im still hear waiting lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OFFER !!!

Good luck you guys!
    Congratulations!! Will you firm it?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer (actually, at 19:41)!!!!!
    I'm a home re-applicant, just cannot believe it.

I called my mum and told her that I was pregnant initially and she screamed at me when I told her the truth about having an offer and not a foetus, so I think I've definitely made the most of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)

I called my mum and told her that I was pregnant initially and she screamed at me when I told her the truth about having an offer and not a foetus, so I think I've definitely made the most of this.
    Hahaha this made me laugh so much, congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)

Congratulations! Did you get the message saying you were pooled/still under consideration?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sausagerolled)
    Congratulations! Did you get the message saying you were pooled/still under consideration?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    THANK YOU! I did yes (I got the email message rather than the portal one but it doesn't matter). I also WASN'T asked to re-upload passport/certificates.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.