Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Wth I didn't

PANIC
    Don't panic! No e-mail for me and I'm 100% certain I met mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I might email my firm on Monday with some generic question about accommodation or something to read their tone lol
    That is a tempting idea I wonder if it'll work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    Don't worry, the person above about time constraints is definitely right. Maybe I did get the tampons after all and my dad stole them, haha
    I doubted they'd be giving people places yet...they have to look through everything but people on here have a fun hobby of trying to scare everyone and I can feel myself having a heart attack some time before Thursday...

omg when I got the tampons though it was so odd and unexpected ffs ucas...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    See
    I think the person was referring to qmul being lenient if a person has firmed or insured them, in my case I rejected their offer so I'm wondering whether they'd still take me in clearing with lower grades than their usual offer?!

I really hope so-politics/international relations btw, not that competitive at qmul!

ReputationRep:
    I think low grade boundaries this year.
    What do you lot think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    I want your life marioman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nwmyname)
    I think low grade boundaries this year.
    What do you lot think?
    Hoping low grade boundaries for ocr economics and edexcel geography!

Heard the science papers were hard this year- OCR biology!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rookie cookie)
    Hoping low grade boundaries for ocr economics and edexcel geography!

Heard the science papers were hard this year- OCR biology!
    They were indeed.
    They were also new spec papers so of course they will have low marks.
    I just want other people's views just to confirm my suspicions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    I doubted they'd be giving people places yet...they have to look through everything but people on here have a fun hobby of trying to scare everyone and I can feel myself having a heart attack some time before Thursday...

omg when I got the tampons though it was so odd and unexpected ffs ucas...
    I remember it was the day before Oxford sent out the letters for interview outcomes, and UCAS decided it was a marvellous time to send out a load of emails about job/apprenticeship things in Oxford or something ridiculous like that: half the applicants who got the emails spent the rest of that day having heart attacks!

(Original post by marioman)
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    PQ

Some people seem to have got an email from UCAS stating "now your place is confirmed it's time to get ready for uni life"... and then says about bank accounts. Was it sent out by mistake or...? Sorry for tagging you but you're the only person I know of who would be able to answer!
    UCAS usually send out a bunch of spam email this weekend.

It used to have information about clearing and get everyone in a panic that they'd failed.

Sounds like they've changed the wording to something more positive and gone to far the other way.

Those emails are money makers for UCAS. Companies pay extra to be in that email.

There were 3 breaches of the embargo with Scottish results and UCAS have been constantly nagging universities about breaches before the A levels came in. They won't be sending out anything that breaches it themselves.

If nothing else it's too early for UCAS to know places are confirmed. Sat/Sun is all technical and initial decisions. Most universities won't update UCAS with decisions until Monday afternoon at the earliest.

ReputationRep:
    feel like I'm part of history now that I've witnessed some of you guys' clerical errors lmao. now I can finally be one of those people that are always like "yeah I knew someone that accidentally got a welcome email. it's really rare but it happens once in a blue moon. *smug face*"

now only wishing it happened to me *sigh*
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

It used to have information about clearing and get everyone in a panic that they'd failed.

Sounds like they've changed the wording to something more positive and gone to far the other way.

Those emails are money makers for UCAS. Companies pay extra to be in that email.

There were 3 breaches of the embargo with Scottish results and UCAS have been constantly nagging universities about breaches before the A levels came in. They won't be sending out anything that breaches it themselves.

If nothing else it's too early for UCAS to know places are confirmed. Sat/Sun is all technical and initial decisions. Most universities won't update UCAS with decisions until Monday afternoon at the earliest.
    3 breaches?! Where do you find this out.

And those emails are really annoying then!!! I haven't signed up to them but I'd prefer clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Had a letter this morning from student finance (Wales) with information regarding the exact dates I'll receive my loans throughout the academic year, as well as a sheet of paper with barcodes on it to give to the uni during enrolment . I haven't had my results yet so should I take this as a good sign or is it just a generic letter everyone gets even if their place is yet to be confirmed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

Thank you (and sorry for tagging you so much )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lowriellenn)
    Had a letter this morning from student finance (Wales) with information regarding the exact dates I'll receive my loans throughout the academic year, as well as a sheet of paper with barcodes on it to give to the uni during enrolment . I haven't had my results yet so should I take this as a good sign or is it just a generic letter everyone gets even if their place is yet to be confirmed?
    Yh generic unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    3 breaches?! Where do you find this out.

And those emails are really annoying then!!! I haven't signed up to them but I'd prefer clearing.
    UCAS communications to universities

(Original post by Lowriellenn)
    It's a generic letter student finance have no access to decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    PQ

Some people seem to have got an email from UCAS stating "now your place is confirmed it's time to get ready for uni life"... and then says about bank accounts. Was it sent out by mistake or...? Sorry for tagging you but you're the only person I know of who would be able to answer!
    There are lots of scam emails around at the moment. There have been cases of people being tricked into losing their student finance money. I'm sure everyone here is sensible enough but it's worth being wary
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

Ohhhh so you don't know who the breaches came from? How would they even be found out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

I'm guessing you work for a university or something? If so, which one? Would you even be allowed to disclose that information?

(sorry for so many questions lol)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.