Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    The only people that could see the patient were really the consultants and one of the regs. Plus me and one of the other students because we got there first. Poor patient indeed although some of them like having the attention of 3 consultants focused on just them.

you should be fine if you are useful then. The people that got ignored we those that tended to turn up whenever and expected to be taught/told exactly what to do.
    Hahah no offence but you sound like a gunner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Whats a gunner?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    Whats a gunner?

ReputationRep:
    i remember during O+G hell i was moaning about how stupid these sign off books to a mate and the next thing we have another student coming around showing off to us about how many speculum examinations he had done! what a moron. only at medical school eh.

most of the med student i know are a mix between the perpetually enraged, the missing and the crier. it does eventually get better though when you leave the teaching hospitals. it is a problem with too many students and irritated doctors in big london hospitals but as soon as you do medicine/surgery/A+E DGH in final year people are nice and chill so dont lose hope. it will be less of an endless form signing tick box exercise and starts to be enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    I don't think I am...I hope I am not. I know others who are far worse... Plus I help other people as much as I can spending this afternoon helping first years.

Maybe, I dunno but I certainly don't have the lofty apirations of most gunners
    Serious compared to the front row crew I am
    Inept, plus I like having a life outside of medicine. I want to do well enough that the med school will just let me get on with it how I want tbh.

I get described as the perpetually enraged normally

ReputationRep:
    21 YO lady comes in with a 6h history of N+V no diahorrea, with dissfuse sevear abdominal pain that now seems to localise to the RIF. She is on the contraceptive pill, and does not think she is pregnant. She is showing tachy and the temperature is 38.7. Pain control is given, along with NBM and a saline drip, bloods are taken, FBC, U+E, LFT, Coag screen and G+S, she is on the emergency list for immediate laperotomy and you as the F1 are asked to accompany her down to CT. Her pain is better now and she now complains of weakness in her hands. Unfortunatly, just as you get to CT, she goes into a grand mal...the porter with you has ****ed off to call a senior, what are you going to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    x
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    You've never done any D? D's cool.
    Seems a bit extreme to neg me for that. I mean, I know we don't get along - largely because you so often spout utter crap - but even so...

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit extreme to neg me for that. I mean, I know we don't get along - largely because you so often spout utter crap - but even so...
    Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. And believe me there's more crap in your posts than the BNP's manifesto.

ReputationRep:
    Getting from Edinburgh to Nottingham shouldn't take 6 hours, should it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Getting from Edinburgh to Nottingham shouldn't take 6 hours, should it?
    Take a flight it's quicker.

ReputationRep:
    Take a flight it's quicker.
    I did fly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    I did fly.
    It was 6 hours by flight?

ReputationRep:
    It was 6 hours by flight?
    Nope. Flight delayed in Edinburgh by 45 minutes, flew to Bristol with the 'rents, train to Bham, wait 40 minutes, train to Leicester, train to Nottingham, 20 minute wait, bus to uni.

I.e. a crappy day.

ReputationRep:
    just realised i forgot to reply to the original message! D sounds okayish, looking forward to antibiotics and cytokines but not sure about the rest atm

ReputationRep:
    Hurry up results...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Hurry up results...
    Ditto, I don't know how they justify giving the 1st years their results on Thursday whereas most of the third years are leaving the city for foreign countries in less than two weeks!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Ditto, I don't know how they justify giving the 1st years their results on Thursday whereas most of the third years are leaving the city for foreign countries in less than two weeks!

:rolleyes:
    It's been almost 3 weeks since we finished now, and 4 since the OSCE. Some muppets in my year group wrote the wrong exam no. on some of the sheets too (as each exam had a SBA and an EMQ part, each with a separate no. - quite clearly labelled!), which no doubt will hold it up even more.

ReputationRep:
    It's been almost 3 weeks since we finished now, and 4 since the OSCE. Some muppets in my year group wrote the wrong exam no. on some of the sheets too (as each exam had a SBA and an EMQ part, each with a separate no. - quite clearly labelled!), which no doubt will hold it up even more.
    Three weeks for us too, although I have the feeling that the delay is due to Glasgow Uni not being able to run a bath never mind a medical school

Let us just sit in ever increasing anxiety...

If I fail these exams thats £700 out the window :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Three weeks for us too, although I have the feeling that the delay is due to Glasgow Uni not being able to run a bath never mind a medical school

Let us just sit in ever increasing anxiety...

If I fail these exams thats £700 out the window :eek:
    Same goes for KCL! The admin here don't even know how to navigate a calendar.

That's a pretty hefty price to pay, although I'm sure you don't need to worry! Fingers crossed eh...

ReputationRep:
    Same goes for KCL! The admin here don't even know how to navigate a calendar.

That's a pretty hefty price to pay, although I'm sure you don't need to worry! Fingers crossed eh...
    ****ing university. My friend just phoned up the registry to find out what the craic was, apparently they can't guarantee what results will be put up today!

I'm becoming a proper rager med student, useless b**tards.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.