Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Weird like RVP wearing Man Utd? Not a big fan of seeing players from our main rivals playing for us. Rooney is never going to get the love like Henry or Berkamp even if he does really well for us. Would rather see Higuain come in
    Were you against Sol Campbell joining us then?

I couldn't give a damn personally. Yep, he's a rival player now, but he wouldn't be if he joined us, therefore I'd support him fully. I know for a fact there were United fans against RVP joining (for rival reasons) but they soon got over it once he started smashing goals in. Now he's their star player and they're all chewing on his nuts.

I pretty much accept that there's very little loyalty in football and rivalries mean little to nothing for most players. Agree though that he wouldn't be viewed in the same light as Henry and Bergkamp, but if he was the key player in us winning multiple leagues and our first champions league, you watch people throw him in with those two.

ReputationRep:
    I think Rooney is out of the picture really. I would keep it realistic: we can get Higuain or Jovetic, and I would prefer the latter honestly. He's much more versatile and he's younger. We already have a poacher (Giroud).

I don't see why Juve are always after our targets. They have Llorente, Anelka, Matri, Vucinic, Quagriella (sp?), and Giovinco up front..

why do I get negged for no reason lol

ReputationRep:
    To solve the goalkeeping issue Julio Cesar would be a class signing because he would keep szecesny at his best and make him compete for his place.

I think we need to sell vermaelen for about 10 million because I think it's time he moved on I don't think the partnership between mertesacker and koscielny needs disruption. Also, I would like to see Ignasi Miquel to be thrown in there next season he's very talented and reminds me of pique. I think we should play jenkinson more because sagna hasn't had the best of seasons, but still keep him as a back up. I think we should sign someone like Adel Rami as a third centre back who is quality.

I also think we should sign a defensive midfielder with the ability to create from the back that would sit. Perhaps gundogan or pogba. I would like gervinho to be sold and the ox should play more often next season possibly starting line up.

The striker I would like to see is lewandowski if we are going for a top notch striker around the 25-30 million bracket it make sense to go for lewandowski as he has a year left on his contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Why don't you just wait until the end of the transfer window before rubbishing someone as being 'laughed out of the sight' - Geoff was the one who broke Monreal before mainstream media, that's a fact. Things in football can chang, everyone knows how close we were to signing people like Sahin and Mata - just because we bid or are interested in a player doesn't necessarily mean he will 100% definitely be playing for Arsenal because there's just too many variables.

Oh, and by the way, David Ornstein is the bloke who said RVP would be staying last summer.
    Sorry but Geoff is a complete ****er. Called Monreal but otherwise has been full of crap and is clearly fishing for followers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Sorry but Geoff is a complete ****er. Called Monreal but otherwise has been full of crap and is clearly fishing for followers.
    Don't forget Cazorla last year as well a good few days before it was picked up on by media etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Haha, deal. I'm happy to be proved wrong though, if we end up with either Rooney or Higuain I'd be over the moon. It would be really, really weird seeing Rooney in an Arsenal shirt though...
    Tbh, I'd love to see someone buy Rooney. He's nearly 28 and we all know his fitness is going to be an issue, even more so now SAF has left. He's not going to accept anything less than £150k p/w, probably closer to £200k if he does leave. He's a great player now, but I personally think he'll be dead in the water a 30. 2 seasons left at the top IMO, and with Rooney that actually means about a 1.25 season because of the fluctuations in form. He'll probably end up staying but I'd happily see him go for anything above £20m rather than keep him on the new deal he will want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Tbh, I'd love to see someone buy Rooney. He's nearly 28 and we all know his fitness is going to be an issue, even more so now SAF has left. He's not going to accept anything less than £150k p/w, probably closer to £200k if he does leave. He's a great player now, but I personally think he'll be dead in the water a 30. 2 seasons left at the top IMO, and with Rooney that actually means about a 1.25 season because of the fluctuations in form. He'll probably end up staying but I'd happily see him go for anything above £20m rather than keep him on the new deal he will want.
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    From Tancredi Palmeri: Manchester City should receive for Tevez a 12m € bid from Juve according to tomorrow Gazzetta.Apparently,Juve priority now Tevez not Higuian

Good news for us if Higuain is as decent as we hope he is

ReputationRep:
    I would love to get liverpool early next season like the first 4 games and beat em away so their fans start crying at the prospect of finishing in the relegation zone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    From Tancredi Palmeri: Manchester City should receive for Tevez a 12m € bid from Juve according to tomorrow Gazzetta.Apparently,Juve priority now Tevez not Higuian

Good news for us if Higuain is as decent as we hope he is
    are city willing to sell tevez for that cheap?
    id much rather arsenal go for tevez then instead of higuan, hes easily a + £25 mill striker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    id much rather arsenal go for tevez then instead of higuan, hes easily a + £25 mill striker
    i like tevez a lot but hes nearly 30, inconsistent and not an out and out goal scorer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    i like tevez a lot but hes nearly 30, inconsistent and not an out and out goal scorer.
    30? still remember him scoring for west ham on last match of the season!
    maybe hes not worth that much then, but id still take him over higuan. if he was the focal point of our attack he'd definitely would get 20+ goals

(Original post by EgyptianPanda)
    Fair enough.

Mark my words at the end of the transfer window I'll be quoting this and laughing at you.
    I'd be careful about how you went about this. :yy:

(Original post by printergirl)
    I like Tevez as well, but (i) I very much doubt he'd be that cheap for us :p: and (ii) I'm guessing he's on pretty massive wages. On which note, what sort of wages is Higuain supposed to be on? :curious:

Anyway, I've been reading some of the interviews on the club website, I think they're pretty interesting. :cute:

Eduardo talks about his time at the club (part I) and about football in Ukraine (part II)

I read this interview with the U-19s captain Isaac Hayden. I haven't read or heard much to suggest that he's got a chance of making it with the first team, but he certainly seems to have a brilliant attitude! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    wasn't tevez the one having ***** fit so he can move closer to his family in argentina, im sure he wouldn't go to another club in england

This summer we will truly see if things have changed in terms of being able to keep our players. I am braced for barcelona players talking about Koscielny and his "barca DNA". if he does go imo it will be our biggest loss, defensively we now have a solid partnership and him going will mess that up.

ReputationRep:
    If boscielny leaves then its deja vu agen. We would hav to buy a couple of quality centre backs as mert and verm wud be our only two decent options. Given wengers reluctance to spend, the centre back area could be our undoing. Keep bosc and add one more quality centre half, we've apparently nearly paid of the stadium debt and bosc has about 3 years left on his contract so we are no in position to sell him. Hope wenger convinces the board to reverse the trend of recent seasons and actually keep our best players and add some more quality players to give us the much needed depth needed to win trophies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)

I read this interview with the U-19s captain Isaac Hayden. I haven't read or heard much to suggest that he's got a chance of making it with the first team, but he certainly seems to have a brilliant attitude! :yep:
    Hayden was really good in the 2 next gen series game I watched against CSKA and Chelsea. Really impressive. Looked extremely composed on the ball, and would bring it out of defense pass the midfielders and reading the game. Not half bad at tackling and heading as well.

Then again, I was impressed by Hajrovic in both games as well and he's been let go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    This summer we will truly see if things have changed in terms of being able to keep our players. I am braced for barcelona players talking about Koscielny and his "barca DNA". if he does go imo it will be our biggest loss, defensively we now have a solid partnership and him going will mess that up.
    Can't see you guys selling him hes got still 3 years on his contract think this is a non story. We're linked to a new center back every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    South American goal-keepers are generally poor tbh...

I think Szczesny is fine.
    LOOOOOL somebody changed his mind. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    LOOOOOL somebody changed his mind. :laugh:
    On Szczesny? I've always defended him on here.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.