Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Labour Party Q&A Thread - Ask/Join here! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Its no less democratic than using a 3LW. I'm confident my votes were as the MP in question would have voted - something few others could claim.

Does UKIP understand how the leader selecting the MPs is undemocratic?
    Leaders are elected democratically to make decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Statement from the Leader of the Labour Party:

A hearty congratulations to our two new MPs the Hon. tmpearce99 and the Hon. cranbrook_aspie!
    The conduct of the 2 outgoing MPs was abysmal and I give my humblest apologies to the House. They failed in their duty and I, as their leader, must take full responsibility. Whilst I hold that Labour should keep the seats now that two decent and hugely worthy individuals have taken them up (from what I've seen in the sub-forum they'll soon prove their worth) trust that I understand how important active MPs are.

We can and will do better.
    Thank you RayApparently , I think that we both cannot wait to serve the party the best we can
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tmpearce99)
    Thank you RayApparently , I think that we both cannot wait to serve the party the best we can
    I couldn't have put it better myself.

(Original post by adam9317)
    Leaders are elected democratically to make decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed they are.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tmpearce99)
    Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks again to all

ReputationRep:
    Do you whip MPs, or influence their votes?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Burford99)
    Do you whip MPs, or influence their votes?
    We do have the facilities for a whip, as in we're not an anti-whipping party, but there has never been a formal whip during my time representing the Labour Party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    We do have the facilities for a whip, as in we're not an anti-whipping party, but there has never been a formal whip during my time representing the Labour Party.
    Do you influence your MP's votes through pressure?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    There is no pressure, no.

We explain the effects of the bill in case anyone has missed them (which is easy to do) or was not fully aware of the Government agenda (which is understandable when you've only been an MP for a matter of days) and may recommend a decision as a result of this.

ReputationRep:
    The labour party really only has to influence their leader, then it works as he 'votes' on his Mps behalf on occasions.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The labour party really only has to influence their leader, then it works as he 'votes' on his Mps behalf on occasions.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    There is no pressure, no.
    We explain the effects of the bill in case anyone has missed them (which is easy to do) or was not fully aware of the Government agenda (which is understandable when you've only been an MP for a matter of days) and may recommend a decision as a result of this.
    Hi,Can you please make sure you vote on V800 here. The party recommendation is a No vote as we have other plans for business that this would jeopardise.Thanks,Fez

I class this as pressure.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Adam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Adam!
    Shots fired pew pew
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Hi,Can you please make sure you vote on V800 here. The party recommendation is a No vote as we have other plans for business that this would jeopardise.Thanks,Fez
    I class this as pressure.
    I class this as reminding a member who has only been an MP since Saturday a) that he needs to vote and b) what the implications are of the bill upon Government plans put in place long before he joined the House in a concise manner.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Shots fired pew pew
    Is the heat making you as mentally crazy as me?

ReputationRep:
    I class this as reminding a member who has only been an MP since Saturday a) that he needs to vote and b) what the implications are of the bill upon Government plans put in place long before he joined the House in a concise manner.
    No, that would be reminding him there's a vote. if he needed to know that, then direct him to the debate.

ReputationRep:
    Shots fired pew pew
    More flames than my mixtape
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    No, that would be reminding him there's a vote. if he needed to know that, then direct him to the debate.
    Will I'm sorry that I didn't send one of my party colleagues the exact message that you wanted me to send them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Is the heat making you as mentally crazy as me?
    The heat is mad bro, but this reaction would have happened has it of been freezing as well.

:rolleyes:
    And I note no denial.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.