Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    These interview offers are stressful! I feel so ungrateful saying this, but my parents are taking me on holiday at the worst possible time! Got two interviews for Sunderland and Chester when I'm going to be in France! Thankfully my first choice interview is the one I can go to!

Who would have thought it got more stressful than the wait for references! Dearie me, I think I need all the Christmas chocolates I can get my hands on today

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know exactly how you feel in regards to the stress (however I won't be in France lol).

Have a nice holiday and try to not let this dampen your time there .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crock)
    I guess nothing else is going to happen now until the schools go back on 6th Jan, so I can spend all of Christmas stressing over why I haven't got a place yet. Which will be nice.
    I'm with you there! I want to enjoy my Christmas but can't get it out of my head that so many people have secured places and I haven't even had my interview yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Warwick invited me for interview for secondary maths on the 16th of January!

Got the email 30 minutes before PGCE admissions offices closed and I already thought I wouldn't hear back from anyone else until after January 2nd Only applied last week and had two interview offers, only waiting to hear back from one more now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crock)
    I guess nothing else is going to happen now until the schools go back on 6th Jan, so I can spend all of Christmas stressing over why I haven't got a place yet. Which will be nice.
    Totally know what you mean. It's really annoying. Had my interview last Tuesday and there was only three of us so expected to hear quite quickly, but nope. Now I just keep running over how I'll feel if it says unsuccessful damn it. So yeah the long wait until Jan begins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by pthomas112)
    Those with conditional offers- are your conditions that you pass the skills tests?

Also, anyone else for Social science at IOE?
    My conditions (including for the IOE, although for physics with maths) all wanted a 2.2 in my degree, to pass a DBS and to pass the skills tests by early February.

(Original post by Sara Jayne)
    How do you find out the conditions of your offer?
    Click on the name of your course on track and there will be a space for conditions. If it just says something like "see letter" then you will get an e-mail/letter from the university (which could take a while, mine took 11 days).

(Original post by Airfairy)
    Totally know what you mean. It's really annoying. Had my interview last Tuesday and there was only three of us so expected to hear quite quickly, but nope. Now I just keep running over how I'll feel if it says unsuccessful damn it. So yeah the long wait until Jan begins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If there are only a few candidates, sometimes they pool two groups of interviews together. So try not to worry about not having heard back - they could have had an interview after you, or still be waiting on interviews in January.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an offer from Kingston for primary PGCE? I was excited to get an interview a couple of weeks ago and now will spend Christmas feeling fed up because I am assuming that I would have heard by now if they were going to offer me a place. Do they realise how hard this waiting is?

ReputationRep:
    Hello I had interviews at both and have recieved offers for both.

ReputationRep:
    Just received an
    Something has changed email...

long on, and have another offer, having now heard from all my choices! i've just firmed my top choice for primary pgce!
    SOOO EXCITED NOW!

That came through at 2 mins to 5 on the last working day before christmas !

AHHHHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing business secondary at Sunderland?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have all 3 of my interviews at the beginning of January, Newman, BCU (School Direct) and UCB. I have to to a lesson starter (5 mins) for one of them although i don't understand whether i am supposed to aim this at the group or the primary age range, does anyone have any idea about that?

ReputationRep:
    Received an email inviting me to a selection day at Durham, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have seen a few posts about the numeracy ready package, is it really worth the money? Thinking of getting it but wanted to make sure it was actually worth it 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamiic)
    Received an email inviting me to a selection day at Durham, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When is it and which subject? I'm there pm 15th January!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AM 21st Jan for primary congrats and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at
    Northumbria for Primary in Jan! So happppyyyy! 😆

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by tamiic)
    AM 21st Jan for primary congrats and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either of you found any clues on where to park for it? My interview is AM 13th Jan and despite being slightly local I'm clueless!

ReputationRep:
    pgce

ReputationRep:
    i am working on my personal statement...will be submitting in two days time...hope its not too late to apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northern-belle)
    Either of you found any clues on where to park for it? My interview is AM 13th Jan and despite being slightly local I'm clueless!
    I had an interview there a couple of weeks ago for Secondary Geography. There's a car park in the Education Faculty, but I don't know for certain if interviewees used it (I travelled by train). I'd send them an email the first week of January to double check.

If not it's pretty central, you could probably park in the Prince Bishop's car park, which would be all of a 5 minute walk to the department. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    I have seen a few posts about the numeracy ready package, is it really worth the money? Thinking of getting it but wanted to make sure it was actually worth it ������

I don't know if this helps but I just bought the 'Achieving QTS: Passing the Numeracy skills test' book from Amazon for like 8 pounds or something and I felt completely prepared for the test and passed no problem (despite my maths being terrible!) So don't feel that you have to fork out on Numeracy Ready, other resources are cheaper and just as useful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.