Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pcabezas)
    Where are you from? And, have you applied to other unis in the uk?

I'd love to at least get an interview, and get to go to Oxford
    I'm from Serbia. What about you? Yes, I have, of course! I always make a plan B in case my plan A fails.
    Well, everybody thinks in a way 'Oh, just to get invited to an interview is a great achievement' but when you accomplish that, then you will certainly want to go further. That's is human nature to never be fully satisfied. I wish you the best of luck!

(Original post by antigone-)
    I'm applying for History and Politics so I HAVE to send in one piece of History work. That is me sorted basically, just need my teacher to get it marked before November 10th! Good luck
    Well, of course you have to! If I applied for History and Politics, I would certainly talk about general history and maybe analyse a certain event or period in different aspects and angles (literature, music, sociology, politics , statistics etc.), but that's just my opinion. Well, you still have some time left, I'm sure you will make it!! Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nancy97)
    I'm from Serbia. What about you? Yes, I have, of course! I always make a plan B in case my plan A fails.
    Well, everybody thinks in a way 'Oh, just to get invited to an interview is a great achievement' but when you accomplish that, then you will certainly want to go further. That's is human nature to never be fully satisfied. I wish you the best of luck!

Well, of course you have to! If I applied for History and Politics, I would certainly talk about general history and maybe analyse a certain event or period in different aspects and angles (literature, music, sociology, politics , statistics etc.), but that's just my opinion. Well, you still have some time left, I'm sure you will make it!! Good luck to you too!
    Yes, we can't really count on getting in oxford, so second options are always needed haha I applied to some scotish unis (Got an offer in Glasgow ) and Imperial.

Or course! If we do get to the interview stage we will be even more eager to get a place, but I'd really like to get shorlisted. That way I will at least travel to Oxford

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, anyone know if you can take quotes out of the word count for written work? My work is above the 2000 limit with quotes, but below it without them. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we can't really count on getting in oxford, so second options are always needed haha I applied to some scotish unis (Got an offer in Glasgow ) and Imperial.

Or course! If we do get to the interview stage we will be even more eager to get a place, but I'd really like to get shorlisted. That way I will at least travel to Oxford
    You've already received an offer? How is that possible? I applied to one Scottish university (Edinburgh) but did you get an offer that early because you're an UK/EU student?

Yes, but this kind of eagerness can clearly be justified since not everyone applies to one of the top universities every day, right? Well, your chances of getting shortlisted depend on how competitive the course you're applying for is, so I would suggest having a look on statistic reports but they may either be relieving or upsetting...

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you're the first Pembroke applicant I've seen here.
    I've also been allocated to Pembroke, and I've received an email from an admission tutor about written work. What did you apply for?
    History and English, so I'm frantically trying to do some last minute preparation for the HAT on Wednesday! :eek3:What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    History and English, so I'm frantically trying to do some last minute preparation for the HAT on Wednesday! :eek3:What about you?
    Don't panic, you don't have time for that! Panic later! Wish you the best of luck, I hope you will do just fine and subsequently be invited.
    I've applied for Chinese language but I am not taking any test, written work is enough...

ReputationRep:
    You've already received an offer? How is that possible? I applied to one Scottish university (Edinburgh) but did you get an offer that early because you're an UK/EU student?

Yes, but this kind of eagerness can clearly be justified since not everyone applies to one of the top universities every day, right? Well, your chances of getting shortlisted depend on how competitive the course you're applying for is, so I would suggest having a look on statistic reports but they may either be relieving or upsetting...
    I am an EU student, but I don't think that they answer to us faster. I have also applied to Edinburgh, but haven't heard from them yet, I think that they are one of the slow replyiers haha

ReputationRep:
    I am an EU student, but I don't think that they answer to us faster. I have also applied to Edinburgh, but haven't heard from them yet, I think that they are one of the slow replyiers haha
    I suppose you're right, that would be an act of discrimination.
    You scared me, I thought I was going to be rejected!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for the HAT? I'm stressing out about it so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hr3471)
    Does anyone have any predictions for the HAT? I'm stressing out about it so much
    absolutely no way you can predict it, we'll just have to see what they give us! stay calm

ReputationRep:

Some places are really fast at replying, I've got a friend who's got 2 unconditionals and a conditional for chemistry already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown;[url="tel:60349449")
    60349449[/url]]Thanks haha, same to you! All we can do is give it our best. I have applied for straight history at Brasenose, how about you? Good luck with the HAT!
    History and Politics at Trinity for me.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Has anyone here applied to read Biological Sciences? I can't find any threads about this course at Oxford, and overall it seems like very few people applied...

I applied to Keble!

ReputationRep:
    Do you all submit written work that is handwritten or typed on the computer? Or does that really matter?

ReputationRep:
    Do you all submit written work that is handwritten or typed on the computer? Or does that really matter?
    Mine is typed up but I doubt it matters!

ReputationRep:
    Mine is typed up but I doubt it matters!
    Good, I thought so!
    Thanks!

And should I translate teacher's comment on the essay? Do tutors pay attention to that?

ReputationRep:
    Good, I thought so!
    Thanks!

And should I translate teacher's comment on the essay? Do tutors pay attention to that?
    Yeah, they want to see that it's been marked so you should probably translate the comments

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they want to see that it's been marked so you should probably translate the comments
    Oh God, where should I put the comments in a document?! This is just so difficult...
    And not to talk about the translation of essay that are metaphorical to English, I suppose I won't be sleeping this week...

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, where should I put the comments in a document?! This is just so difficult...
    And not to talk about the translation of essay that are metaphorical to English, I suppose I won't be sleeping this week...

You too ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamara98)
    You too ?
    Yup...
    Are you going to include your teacher's comments in your written works?
    I don't know whether I should translate them too...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.