Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klintman)
    Hi guys, what are you aiming for, come GCSE time? Love, Klint.
    well im doing 12 gcses i hope to get 6 or 7a* already got one in eng language but im finding literature harder as i got low b in 1st draft of coursework i hope to get the rest a's but fsmq maths is soo hard did a test yday every 10 percent is a grade higher but im sure i got a u!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm2015)
    Hey! My name says it all really,(bookworm) my biggest hobby is probably reading haha! I'm in my last year of compulsory schooling and I'm currently trying to find a sixth form that ticks the boxes for me! I'm doing 10 GCSES and I'm hoping for to get 9 A*-B grades and I'm just hoping for a pass in maths! I'm not to sure about future careers but next year I'm hoping to do RE, English Lit & History! I'm also debating between a forth AS and the contenders are Classical Civilisation, Politics, Psychology & Business Studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello :hello: I'm a huge bookworm too haha I'm also just hoping for a pass in Maths GCSE!

Those are good subjects I'm doing English Lit, Psychology, Politics and either Sociology or R.S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    well donee!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha thank uuuu xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    Hello :hello: I'm a huge bookworm too haha I'm also just hoping for a pass in Maths GCSE!

Those are good subjects I'm doing English Lit, Psychology, Politics and either Sociology or R.S

Books are brill! I'm terrible at maths, I'm just praying to pass haha! We're very similar with the subjects, those are right up my street! What GCSES are you currently doing? I picked English Lit, History, Geography & Business Studies!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm2015)
    Books are brill! I'm terrible at maths, I'm just praying to pass haha! We're very similar with the subjects, those are right up my street! What GCSES are you currently doing? I picked English Lit, History, Geography & Business Studies! Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha yeah they are I'm praying that I'll pass too, I'll be so annoyed if I have to retake Maths while doing my A Levels Yeah our subjects are quite similar My GCSE subjects are English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Double Science, ICT, Psychology, Spanish and R.S. I wish I'd chosen History instead of ICT though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    well im doing 12 gcses i hope to get 6 or 7a* already got one in eng language but im finding literature harder as i got low b in 1st draft of coursework i hope to get the rest a's but fsmq maths is soo hard did a test yday every 10 percent is a grade higher but im sure i got a u!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought teachers aren't meant to mark drafts :confused:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    i going to end up having to retake GCSE maths next year, i know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    I thought teachers aren't meant to mark drafts :confused:
    for coursework you can not controlled assessment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    What part of maths do you find hard?

I think it'll be good to prioritise it now because it will just be another year/more to worry about next year if you retake

I'm going to try doing half a maths past paper each day... my maths is getting rusty because we covered the course in year 9/10 but didn't take the test :rolleyes:

Stupid Gove

ReputationRep:
    YOOOOO THIS IS FOR MY FELLOW NON-CHOSEN-ONES (OR WEIRDLY SMART ONES) IN MATHS, I FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND ITS LIKE IT'S BEEN WRITTEN BY GODS

https://keshgcsemaths.wordpress.com/...aths-takeaway/

My maths teacher uses it all the time. If you find a topic hard/need to improve, indulge on this! It tells you what grade your worksheet is too. Go craaaaazzyyyy

Sorry if you've already used this website

ReputationRep:
    Same, but I need a B for A level psychology :mad:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    What part of maths do you find hard?

I think it'll be good to prioritise it now because it will just be another year/more to worry about next year if you retake

I'm going to try doing half a maths past paper each day... my maths is getting rusty because we covered the course in year 9/10 but didn't take the test :rolleyes:

Stupid Gove
    I'm just struggling with a lot and I'm barely passing any of my GCSE's. I'm going to college next year and when i did my interview to get my place they said that if i end up taking English and Maths again it's fine and it just means that i need to go in another day a week... (course I'm doing is three days a week... :P )

ReputationRep:
    I'm just struggling with a lot and I'm barely passing any of my GCSE's. I'm going to college next year and when i did my interview to get my place they said that if i end up taking English and Maths again it's fine and it just means that i need to go in another day a week... (course I'm doing is three days a week... :P )
    Ahh :/

Are you doing a-levels next year? Which ones if so?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Ahh :/

Are you doing a-levels next year? Which ones if so?
    I'm not doing A levels next year, i'm doing a NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy. (wanted to ease myself into college by doing something at level 2... )

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doing A levels next year, i'm doing a NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy. (wanted to ease myself into college by doing something at level 2... )
    Sounds fun! How does the course work? Do you do industrial-sort placements?

I mean like do stuff in a beauty salon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    YOOOOO THIS IS FOR MY FELLOW NON-CHOSEN-ONES (OR WEIRDLY SMART ONES) IN MATHS, I FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND ITS LIKE IT'S BEEN WRITTEN BY GODS

My maths teacher uses it all the time. If you find a topic hard/need to improve, indulge on this! It tells you what grade your worksheet is too. Go craaaaazzyyyy

It's a great site but are there any mark schemes accompanying the worksheets?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Sounds fun! How does the course work? Do you do industrial-sort placements?

I mean like do stuff in a beauty salon?
    I do two practical days and a theory day.

There's a onsite beauticians where we learn how to do the stuff and yeah...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)

THIS IS AMAZING!

Thanks so much, the proof section alone makes this amazing!

THANK YOU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudimentary)
    It's a great site but are there any mark schemes accompanying the worksheets?
    They're all from past papers if that helps? I can't find them

ReputationRep:
    THIS IS AMAZING!

Thanks so much, the proof section alone makes this amazing!

THANK YOU
    Anytime!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.