Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieGEM)
    Surely they'd probably select on UKCAT in the same way they did before? In reality, who not working in Warwick admissions knows
    Well I was thinking that they've ranked us on UKCAT and academics and some people were tied for score so they sent out the work experience forms, 1) for confirmation and 2) to eliminate some people that were tied. And now loads of people have the work experience, so people are still tied and now they need to chose using different criteria?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodieee2994)
    Well I was thinking that they've ranked us on UKCAT and academics and some people were tied for score so they sent out the work experience forms, 1) for confirmation and 2) to eliminate some people that were tied. And now loads of people have the work experience, so people are still tied and now they need to chose using different criteria?
    They seem to be using a scoring system out of 30 at least in years past https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._a101_medicine so it's conceivable there could be a lot of tied applicants. Why would they not just use raw UKCAT or UKCAT VR scores as a tie-break? Otherwise they're going to have to dig through work experience forms, references and personal statements.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received an email from barts, should I assume I've been rejected?

ReputationRep:
    This wait is becoming terrifying. Not only is Warwick not giving any sign of life, Cambridge promised to get back to us this week!

Sort of happy that we are all in the same boat, feel hugged guys!

ReputationRep:
    They seem to be using a scoring system out of 30 at least in years past https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._a101_medicine so it's conceivable there could be a lot of tied applicants. Why would they not just use raw UKCAT or UKCAT VR scores as a tie-break? Otherwise they're going to have to dig through work experience forms, references and personal statements.
    Aye but they have already said they arent lookibg at the personal statements, I guess they are just taking a little longer to sort, im sure we'll hear tomorrow or friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommyGEM)
    You will have received an email at the time of application from Barts with the subject line "Your Applicant Portal - Queen Mary University of London"
    There are log in details to the candidate portal within that email that should work?
    Thank you so much! I completely forgot about the email they sent us back in October. Interview booked for 19th January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)
    This wait is becoming terrifying. Not only is Warwick not giving any sign of life, Cambridge promised to get back to us this week!

Sort of happy that we are all in the same boat, feel hugged guys!
    Cambridge had a "processing error" so decisions are now going out early next week. The wait is torturous and my hope is fading pretty fast...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaGEM)
    Aye but they have already said they arent lookibg at the personal statements, I guess they are just taking a little longer to sort, im sure we'll hear tomorrow or friday
    Well if they leave it to Friday and their IT system for reserving dates glitches all hell could break loose so I reckon they have to do it tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Well if they leave it to Friday and their IT system for reserving dates glitches all hell could break loose so I reckon they have to do it tomorrow.
    Who else think we should be compensated by being given an interview?

Hahah

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am wondering if anyone is getting interviewed next Monday for Cambridge (A100, affiliated student)?

ReputationRep:
    I agree its likely to be today, or maybe its wishful thinking

ReputationRep:
    I know Southampton won't be very quick, but it doesn't stop me constantly checking my emails. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nature_elf)
    Cambridge had a "processing error" so decisions are now going out early next week. The wait is torturous and my hope is fading pretty fast...!
    Haha, my hope is really just minimal! Thanks for sharing this, it's frustrating and relieving at the same time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mully09)
    Thank you so much! I completely forgot about the email they sent us back in October. Interview booked for 19th January
    Good luck with the interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaGEM)
    I agree its likely to be today, or maybe its wishful thinking
    Starting to look like wishful thinking

ReputationRep:
    So Southampton interviewed this week and considering I haven't heard anything at all from them, it's safe to assume my application was unsuccessful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohmyBEAUT)
    So Southampton interviewed this week and considering I haven't heard anything at all from them, it's safe to assume my application was unsuccessful?
    Yeah most likely.
    I haven't heard anything either so I decided it was a rejection ages ago haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohmyBEAUT)
    The year before last they put on an extra interview date for BM4 as they didn't get enough high caliber applicants on the first round of interviews. Seeing as I don't think I did very well, there may still be hope if others fell below the offer mark. Fingers crossed for you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing from Warwick I assume no one else has heard anything either?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email!!!
    From Newcastle...
    Telling me how to apply for scholarships and bursaries...
    Even though they didn't offer me an interview.
    Aaaugh

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.