Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    UCAS communications to universities

It's a generic letter student finance have no access to decisions.
    Ohhhh so you don't know who the breaches came from? How would they even be found out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    UCAS communications to universities

It's a generic letter student finance have no access to decisions.
    I'm guessing you work for a university or something? If so, which one? Would you even be allowed to disclose that information?

(sorry for so many questions lol)

ReputationRep:
    How come UCAS is so strict about unis releasing results early? Has it got something to do with clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyEffy)
    I'm guessing you work for a university or something? If so, which one? Would you even be allowed to disclose that information?

Yes I work for a university. But I am not on TSR as an official rep or interesting in selling or promoting my employer (IMO they're good enough that I don't need to).

It's not appropriate for me to name drop - that's not why I'm here and I'm not here as part of my job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    How come UCAS is so strict about unis releasing results early? Has it got something to do with clearing?
    It's because the exam boards are strict. UCAS and universities only get early access because the exam boards allow it. And the exam boards are adamant that it is in the best interest of their candidates to get their results from exam centres (where there is support if there are problems or things didn't go as hoped).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It's because the exam boards are strict. UCAS and universities only get early access because the exam boards allow it. And the exam boards are adamant that it is in the best interest of their candidates to get their results from exam centres (where there is support if there are problems or things didn't go as hoped).
    Oh didn't know it was because of the exam boards. I find their reason to be a bit stupid. Surely if you get accepted into your firm and your uni tells you so before results day then I don't see the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.chantele)
    Anyone who has done AQA Psychology AS, which paper did you think was easy?
    I preferred the Unit 1 paper, what about you? I got so confused with the excitatory/inhibitory stuff on unit 2 paper 😶

ReputationRep:
    not long now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Oh didn't know it was because of the exam boards. I find their reason to be a bit stupid. Surely if you get accepted into your firm and your uni tells you so before results day then I don't see the problem.
    The problem is for the 1/3 of people who don't get told that.

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys! Here to address you A2 lot specifically.

This time last year I would have received my A-Level results and got a confirmed university place. I'm a Law student at the University of York. I am now entering second year!

First off, I'm just here to say GOOD LUCK to you all. I know this is a stressful time but trust me there is literally no use in worrying or getting worked up. Remember to sleep and eat. It sounds stupid but some of my friends spent many sleepless nights trawling this site to find success stories and whatnot.

Secondly, don't bother asking people about near-miss chances and whatnot. The way uni admits people is highly unpredictable and will vary year on year. Some unis happily take the near-miss folk but others will keep you dangling for as long as possible (Durham lol).

Finally, have a good day! Get some plans and go and hang with friends or family. Be it a celebration or a day where you didn't quite get what you want - it's the end of your academic era and it's time you celebrate and wave it off in the best way possible.

If I of all people could make it through results day, you guys can too. Best of luck TSR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Yes I work for a university. But I am not on TSR as an official rep or interesting in selling or promoting my employer (IMO they're good enough that I don't need to).

It's not appropriate for me to name drop - that's not why I'm here and I'm not here as part of my job.
    Oh okay that makes sense. Out if curiosity, does anyone on this thread have your uni as their firm

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay that makes sense. Out if curiosity, does anyone on this thread have your uni as their firm
    Not that I've noticed but tbh I skim over the firm/insurance posts and all the exam talk. I'm here to spot the rumours and uni/UCAS related questions mainly.

ReputationRep:
    I could google this but I reckon you lot are looking for distractions so....

Why on EARTH to TeamGB cyclists have pulled up black socks as part of their uniform?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, lots of uni's are now in clearing and showing courses available. I have firmed and insured at two universities so do I or can I apply online for courses through clearing now? Or do I wait until results day? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karam_SC)
    Hi, lots of uni's are now in clearing and showing courses available. I have firmed and insured at two universities so do I or can I apply online for courses through clearing now? Or do I wait until results day? Thank you
    You have to be released from your firm/ins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student143)
    you forgot showing post is drivel for n=1 and n=2
    Well, according to my 68 page mathematical proof (which I briefly summarized in my last post), the user's post is drivel for all values of n. Therefore, their post(s) will never be useful.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Wow, I'm beginning to sound like some mad mathematician who's after the guy who disproved one of this previous theories...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karam_SC)
    You can't apply anywhere through clearing while you hold a firm or insurance. Universities in clearing aren't supposed to talk to you if you're holding an offer or placed elsewhere either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I could google this but I reckon you lot are looking for distractions so....

Why on EARTH to TeamGB cyclists have pulled up black socks as part of their uniform?
    this is an interesting question

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when you call up for clearing do the unis do a phone interview? I've written down possible questions they could ask but is there any point. Shouldn't it be just about the grades?

ReputationRep:

i have a feeling it's UCL but i don't know

Poll
How are you feeling about your exams so far?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.