TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by farhan)
Indeed, the Premier League should installed mind-reading gadgets, so they can determine what was intentional and only give assists for those.
Even as a hardened Liverpool fan, you surely must admit that the Fulham defender was trying to clear the ball and it instead just bounced back from Gerrard's knee and kindly fell for Benayoun!
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ronaldo scores! :woo:

EDIT: United concede! :woo:

EDIT 2: United concede again! :woo:

EDIT 3: Ronaldo scores again! :woo:
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by adam_leeds)
34 with figueroa baines ronaldo(c) young and jo to play.
75 pre bonus
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
77 pre bonus. Ronaldo saved my week for once!
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
75 pre bonus
84 for this week, not too bad.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
79, Ronaldo stopped it from being a well sweet week.

Also I hate having Jo in my team but surely i can't get rid of him after that. =\
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
83 for this week, up to lucky 13th now! Still a small chance for the top ten.

I don't know what to do with Ronaldo!!! Shall I keep him and Cahill, or transfer in Lampard and Gerrard for those two players instead? United have a very decent fixture list, as do Liverpool (after they've played Arsenal). United have a game in hand as well. But it would be awesome to have both Gerrard and Lampard! :confused:

Any thoughts guys?
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
83 for this week, up to lucky 13th now! Still a small chance for the top ten.

I don't know what to do with Ronaldo!!! Shall I keep him and Cahill, or transfer in Lampard and Gerrard for those two players instead? United have a very decent fixture list, as do Liverpool (after they've played Arsenal). United have a game in hand as well. But it would be awesome to have both Gerrard and Lampard! :confused:

Any thoughts guys?
Ive got Ronaldo Lampard and Gerrard.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
13 points clear from 3rd place in H2H but still 5 points behind 1st..
Should really finish top2 now. (Max of 21 points left)

25th in TSR league.. not too shabby for me There's about 25 point gap between 18th and 25th.. so hopefully can climb a bit more!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My H2H is ridiculously close, the dude who has been top all season lost by 3 points today and dropped down to 4th. I'm up to 2nd in it.

Lol at Jo scoring :p:
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
My H2H is ridiculously close, the dude who has been top all season lost by 3 points today and dropped down to 4th. I'm up to 2nd in it.

:hi5: if that smiley didnt work, a cyber hi five
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Top guy is clear by 18 points, me by 13 points but then the next 6 or 7 teams are very very close to each other..
The annoying thing is that I lost and drew a match by making too many silly transfers and those penalty points have cost me big time
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know, but that doesn't really help my situation...

Guys? Ronnie/Cahill or Lamps/Gerrard?
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personally ive gone for Lampard and Gerrard.

Ronaldo has the odd good week but the other 2 seem more consistent to me. Cahill has done well though?
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Personally ive gone for Lampard and Gerrard.

Ronaldo has the odd good week but the other 2 seem more consistent to me. Cahill has done well though?
Cahill hasn't done well for me so far as I only put him in my team three gameweeks ago, and he's been injured most of the time... Aah I really don't know what to do! I would probably switch for Lamps and Gerrard, but knowing that United have a double gameweek coming up is stopping me from committing!
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The game double isnt until week 36? Still got like 4 games before that tbh..
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
The game double isnt until week 36? Still got like 4 games before that tbh..
True, but if I get rid of Ronaldo now, there's no chance I'll be able to afford him again in gameweek 36.

I think I may have just found a way to fit Ronaldo and one of Lamps/Gerrard into my team :ninja:. Will have to mull over it though...
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm trying to figure how to get Ronaldo in for 36 and keep Gerrard and Lamps, the best i can see involves 4 transfers, but it leaves my bench rather shoddy.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
True, but if I get rid of Ronaldo now, there's no chance I'll be able to afford him again in gameweek 36.

I think I may have just found a way to fit Ronaldo and one of Lamps/Gerrard into my team :ninja:. Will have to mull over it though...
See what teams get through in Champions League before deciding anything I reckon. Then invest heavily in the teams that fail.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
See what teams get through in Champions League before deciding anything I reckon. Then invest heavily in the teams that fail.
That's a good plan actually, but that would mean I would have to wait until next week to decide which big hitters to have in my team. I'll definitely note how the results go tomorrow and Wednesday though - maybe one or both of the United/Chelsea/Liverpool matches will have sort of a clear indicator of the final result. I'll make my decision on Wednesday after the big match.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads