The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4160
Original post by Fang_RedDragon
Becoming massively,irrationally depressed over deciding whether to take my Jeeves And Wooster or Red Dwarf boxsets to uni.
Bring the Jeeves and Wooster ones, then lend them to me and I can look like I love my college massively. And suck up to my Freshers' Rep (Jeev) too. :cool:
Original post by gasmask
....what is this packing everyone speaks of?

I still need to get most of my stuff together, only wrote up my list of things to take today. Two days is ages to prepare.
Becoming massively,irrationally depressed over deciding whether to take my Jeeves And Wooster or Red Dwarf boxsets to uni.

Bring them and watch them with me!
Original post by gasmask
Bring the Jeeves and Wooster ones, then lend them to me and I can look like I love my college massively. And suck up to my Freshers' Rep (Jeev) too. :cool:

Ok, you think Jeeves and Wooster yeah?
Once Im there Ill probably not watch either, its just the paralyzing indescicion of 'you must choose! you will not have your room for the next two months!!!' - tis silly
Original post by LtCommanderData
Bring them and watch them with me!

Im up for that! I brought them to make friends, but Im getting to that stage of irrational stress where I think people will judge me for liking Red Dwarf.
Reply 4165
^ Won't your parents come and visit? I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll forget half the stuff I need and will have to buy it/get parents to bring/post it up...

Also, Red Dwarf is awesome. You'll instantly make friends with at least half the Computer Science department.
Im up for that! I brought them to make friends, but Im getting to that stage of irrational stress where I think people will judge me for liking Red Dwarf.

That's not an irrational stress. I judge Red Dwarf fans. :tongue:
Definitely bringing my Peep Show box set. Any my Godfather trilogy one. And Band of Brothers too probably.
Original post by gasmask
^ Won't your parents come and visit? I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll forget half the stuff I need and will have to buy it/get parents to bring/post it up...

Also, Red Dwarf is awesome. You'll instantly make friends with at least half the Computer Science department.

Im a gamer and a minor nerd - it was where I was hoping to find my friends!! Im the theology studying atheist so Im a little wary of how thats going to go down :colondollar:.
Reply 4169
Im a gamer and a minor nerd - it was where I was hoping to find my friends!! Im the theology studying atheist so Im a little wary of how thats going to go down :colondollar:.
Ox-ymoron?

Oh god, I'm so, so sorry.
Reply 4170
Original post by riotgrrl
I wish I'd bought a doorstop, I might have to improvise.

You can use this when you get here :p: It's the first thing they gave me when I popped into Queen's yesterday!

Original post by gasmask
Ox-ymoron?

Oh god, I'm so, so sorry.

Tut.

I'm a nerdy computer scientist! Seriously, let's watch it and be friends!

I'm bringing loads of DVDs, including several Star Trek seasons, Big Bang Theory, superman films, Batman films, x men films, etc.

(I like superheros)
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
Noooo!

Why not? :lol:

Original post by dbmag9
Same, including the ish. Now I have to sort through all my stuff to move rooms at home on Sunday, since I'm meeting TSR people tomorrow. And I'm sure I'll spend the next three days periodically dashing to the five suitcases downstairs to add something crucial. Ah well.

Yeah I'm going to be living out of my boxes for a while too. I don't see how I'm going to get all my stuff to my room with a 20 minutes parking permit :tongue:
Original post by MarcD
You can use this when you get here :p: It's the first thing they gave me when I popped into Queen's yesterday!

Holy crap! :eek: You could kill wild buffalo with that thing!
Reply 4175
Original post by MarcD

You cannot be serious. Does EVERYONE get that? That is such a waste.
Original post by LtCommanderData
I'm a nerdy computer scientist! Seriously, let's watch it and be friends!

I'm bringing loads of DVDs, including several Star Trek seasons, Big Bang Theory, superman films, Batman films, x men films, etc.

(I like superheros)

Seriously, lets! Id like that. After Freshers Week and all the crazy madness of that, we should meet up and do nerdy syfy (it has to be spelt after the truely dreadful Sky TV channel, its the law) things. Im odd, I haven't seen the big things like Star Trek or Star Wars or Firefly but I can damn near recite bits of Serenity. And I CAN recite whole chapters of The BBC Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy audio CDs. Im so cool :colondollar:
We could meet if you would like.PM me.S'up to you. Ball is in your court, Im not obliging you to tromp halfway across Oxford to meet a fat weird girl you have only ever talked to through the internet!!!:o:eek:
Reply 4177
Original post by BeritV
You cannot be serious. Does EVERYONE get that? That is such a waste.

I think it might just be postgrads that get it. I thought, given the thickness, it would have included all courses, but the bachelor courses don't seem to be in there.
Reply 4178
Original post by MarcD
I think it might just be postgrads that get it. I thought, given the thickness, it would have included all courses, but the bachelor courses don't seem to be in there.

Wow. I'm impressed.
Reply 4179
Original post by soutioirsim
Holy crap! :eek: You could kill wild buffalo with that thing!

I just looked at the back of this thing and it is actually priced at £45!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending