Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Results on wednesday. I've never passed all my exams first attempt. I really hope I do this time, as I've sorted my trip to visit my family in America that I haven't seen for 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    Just received confirmation of my modules at King's and it turns out that half of my iBSc is essentially research...

45 credits - Laboratory-based Research Project in Neuroscience
    15 credits - Principles of Neurobiological Research
    30 credits - Developmental Neurobiology
    30 credits - Cell and Systems Neuroscience

I originally opted for a 15 credit library based research project with another 30 credit module based on mechanisms of development but had a change of heart and decided I wanted to do lab work instead. I wasn't sure if I'd be allowed so it was very nice of them to sort this out for me.

As you can see, I'm procrastinating and not revising for my exams, which are two weeks from today. There's one lecturer whose lectures are actually physically painful to look at. Still got one week of immunology left to look at and then I need to go back to repro, ageing and growth...then back to immunology. I should really start OSCE and anatomy revision soon. OK JUST GONNA LEARN THE WHOLE OF PRE-CLINICAL MEDICINE IN TWO WEEKS. okkkkk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Results on wednesday. I've never passed all my exams first attempt. I really hope I do this time, as I've sorted my trip to visit my family in America that I haven't seen for 3 years.
    Good luck I hope you see your family, I've got family in New Zealand but I've kinda resigned myself to the fact I won't see my sister for another 2-4 years...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Good luck man, seriously.

Hope you do this time round, you're a cool guy

Let us know ye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Wednesday for us too.. best of luck, I'm sure you'll get to enjoy your trip!

On a slightly unrelated note, I lost an eyelash behind my eyeball this morning and a few hours later I coughed up an eyelash. is it really possible that something as large as a hair can pass through the nasolacrimal duct or is this just a coincidence? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Good luck! Keep us updated.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys.

(note to self: the sympathy card worked... suckers! )

ReputationRep:
    PASSED!!! Nepal here I come!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Passed! Nepal here i come!!!
    Wahey! Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Passed! Nepal here i come!!!
    Nicely done! Enjoy your trip!

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys its such a relief! Scary to think that I've just got one more set of exams before I'm a FY

ReputationRep:
    I hope everyone has watched the latest '24 hours in A & E' . It has some pure comedy gold in.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email about getting a yellow card in my osce for appearance! I've worn the same clothes all year in the hospital and GPs and no one has ever said anything...typical medical school pissing on my happiness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Just got an email about getting a yellow card in my osce for appearance! I've worn the same clothes all year in the hospital and GPs and no one has ever said anything...typical medical school pissing on my happiness.
    Presumably that means you did something naughty? What did you wear out of interest?

I heard some **** hit the fan at BL after some women get refused to wearing gloves up to the elbows (rather than expose their arms in burkas) as it's against the Barts & The London NHS trusts policy (which is what we're working off).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Presumably that means you did something naughty? What did you wear out of interest?

I heard some **** hit the fan at BL after some women get refused to wearing gloves up to the elbows (rather than expose their arms in burkas) as it's against the Barts & The London NHS trusts policy (which is what we're working off).
    First day I wore

with black opaque tights and a long black cardigan (sleeves above elbows).

And the second day I wore a grey skirt that came down to my knees and a long sleeve top (sleeves above elbows again)

I honestly don't have a clue why I'm being called in, I've worn both outfits loads of time and noone has said anything.

RAGING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    What did you wear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    First day I wore

And the second day I wore a grey skirt that came down to my knees and a long sleeve top (sleeves above elbows again)

I honestly don't have a clue why I'm being called in, I've worn both outfits loads of time and noone has said anything.

RAGING.
    Seems very modest and appropriate for an OSCE. I'm very confused as to why you're being called in.

It's not as if you were doing BLS and the examiner could see your thong. (Yes, that's happened at George's.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Seems very modest and appropriate for an OSCE. I'm very confused as to why you're being called in.

It's not as if you were doing BLS and the examiner could see your thong. (Yes, that's happened at George's.)
    Happened in Glasgow once before, the worst thing about it is that they haven't told me what was wrong with my appearance so I'm sitting here the day after being on cloud nine about passing my exams questioning what I did! It's just put a massive damper on the whole thing...

ReputationRep:
    Just bagged myself a full time job from Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    First day I wore

RAGING.
    They might have thought too casual? If someone asked for my opinion on an OSCE outfit I would probably steer away from small print floral/drop waist/sleevless/ruffles all in one garment. Not saying that to be *****y but a suggestion while you're waiting to find out...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.