Tom (125)
43.55%
chrislpp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
lol I just went onto Iplayer...and now I know which one you mean, its going to annoy me too, its used a lot isnt it in films etc.
Kickass theme music....tand 28 days later....same composer, John Murphy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYYEDXaGo0
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chrislpp)
he has the personality of someone a third his age, he's easily intimidated
I don't think he acts like he's ten...
passthedutchie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hopple)
Hmm, I agree with you there. I thought Tom might have gone in a bit too strong in his criticism of Melody and Helen in the boardroom, but I think a combination of Sugar agreeing with what you say and him realising Tom's pushing himself and his first bites at others aren't going to be the cleanest got him through.
I think Tom is powering up. It might be enough, it might not be. The most important factor, this year is that the winner needs to be well rounded.

Look at what Susan did with the bracelets: nobody asked her to buy the bracelets, in fact, Natascha was, as always, critical. But Susan knew it would be alright. And indeed, she is pushing 1,25 pound bracelets for 5 pounds !!

So Susan's scorecard:
Ideas: Y
Initative: Y
Selling: Y

Probably what Edward meant with it's "all there". Only problem with Susan is emotional: she blindly followed (trusted) the leader on the first day. Recovered very nicely tough. Tom's is more emotionally stable, but not by much.

If LS needs great salespeople: Jim
If he needs a PA: Helen (she is capable of the very highest level of PA, with Google or something).
If he needs a janitor: Natascha
Hopple
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by passthedutchie)
I think Tom is powering up. It might be enough, it might not be. The most important factor, this year is that the winner needs to be well rounded.
I think Tom and Susan's only downfall was being cowed so easily. Tom's known best all the way through but is ignored (or suppressed?), then Sugar chooses to perceive it as mere hindsight. Susan's made some mistakes (most notably the cosmetics week?) but has been picked on by quite a few people. They're starting to stand their ground more now, just in time
Look at what Susan did with the bracelets: nobody asked her to buy the bracelets, in fact, Natascha was, as always, critical. But Susan knew it would be alright. And indeed, she is pushing 1,25 pound bracelets for 5 pounds !!

So Susan's scorecard:
Ideas: Y
Initative: Y
Selling: Y

Probably what Edward meant with it's "all there". Only problem with Susan is emotional: she blindly followed (trusted) the leader on the first day. Recovered very nicely tough.
Yeah, what Susan did was good, though I wonder how many she sold? I'll admit thinking she was making a mistake buying £100 worth of retail priced goods, but it appears she knew the store-owner's stock better than he did

At the end when Natasha was having a go at her, I think she handled herself very well. When Zoe had done similar earlier, she let it get to her, but here she had confidence. Confidence to know Natasha was talking crap and just move on. And of course Jim watched them silently from the sidelines...
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think Tom and Susan's only downfall was being cowed so easily. Tom's known best all the way through but is ignored (or suppressed?), then Sugar chooses to perceive it as mere hindsight. Susan's made some mistakes (most notably the cosmetics week?) but has been picked on by quite a few people. They're starting to stand their ground more now, just in time

Yeah, what Susan did was good, though I wonder how many she sold? I'll admit thinking she was making a mistake buying £100 worth of retail priced goods, but it appears she knew the store-owner's stock better than he did

At the end when Natasha was having a go at her, I think she handled herself very well. When Zoe had done similar earlier, she let it get to her, but here she had confidence. Confidence to know Natasha was talking crap and just move on. And of course Jim watched them silently from the sidelines...
Not counting out either Jim or Helen. Forces to be reckoned with. It's just that, yes, LS will recognize they are strong, but again, he's trying to move away from the hard nosed selling of series 1 to 6.

Despite the emotional flaws, i think Tom and Susan are closest to what LS is looking for. Well rounded. But, if Tom and Susan mess it up, then LS has no choice but to pick from Jim, Helen and even Natascha. Funny enough, i reckon he'd might go for Jim. Proven salesforce and he reminds me of Lee (series 4). He really really dislikes the PA aspect of Helen IMO.

Time to take a nap. Now the series is really heating up. Loving it.
Hopple
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not counting out either Jim and Helen. Forces to be reckoned with. It's just that, yes, LS will recognize they are strong, but again, he's trying to move away from the hard nosed selling of series 1 to 6.

If Tom and Susan mess it up, then LS has no choice but to pick from Jim, Helen and even Natascha. Funny enough, i reckon he'd might go for Jim. Proven salesforce. He really really dislikes the PA aspect of Helen IMO.
I think Jim's a stronger candidate than Helen, and Natasha's due to be fired next week unless she makes millions. Sugar must have a lot of people similar to Helen in his business so could just enter into a partnership with one of them if he so chose. At least with Jim, he's able to connect with people so wouldn't have trouble bringing people and stock into whatever business it would be.

Tom needs to show his attack on Melody and (especially) Helen wasn't just for show, or a one off, and Susan needs to show the coolness she showed to Natasha again but in front of Sugar/Nick/Karen. Karen especially isn't too impressed by the 'immaturity' Susan shows. Do that and they'll show they can live up to their potential, and we'll have a interesting fight on our screens.
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
IT's getting very intellectual in this thread
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think Jim's a stronger candidate than Helen, and Natasha's due to be fired next week unless she makes millions. Sugar must have a lot of people similar to Helen in his business so could just enter into a partnership with one of them if he so chose. At least with Jim, he's able to connect with people so wouldn't have trouble bringing people and stock into whatever business it would be.

Tom needs to show his attack on Melody and (especially) Helen wasn't just for show, or a one off, and Susan needs to show the coolness she showed to Natasha again but in front of Sugar/Nick/Karen. Karen especially isn't too impressed by the 'immaturity' Susan shows. Do that and they'll show they can live up to their potential, and we'll have a interesting fight on our screens.
Just a general question, is there 2 more shows now? So a 4 person final?

Edit: never mind, 2 more shows, so must be 4 person final.
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
IT's getting very intellectual in this thread
Hopefully, it isn't an intellectual final at all, but a nice slug-fest with all 4 tigers biting and crawling
TheEssence
Report 7 years ago
Am i the only one that thought Tom and Melody's hug went on for too long?
methusaleh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think Dara O Brian is secretly in love with Jim, whether that is because Jim is such a smooth talker or because Jim is Irish, like Dara, remains unclear .

Dara: so none of you think Jim will make the final?
Panel: Nope.
Dara then sheds a hidden tear for his Irish comrade...

Jim has a lot of common sense when dealing with people, but I think his "everydog" and "hip replacement" ideas show that his head is as empty as my piggy bank on weekends.

Natasha's outbursts today demonstrate that she is clutching at straws and will soon be leaving the process.
methusaleh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That leaves Tom, Helen and Susan.

Tom is a clever lad but never makes his points vocal. Did anyone remember him stating that he thought the team should buy more nodding dogs in today's episode? All I can remember is him quoting sales figures. Yet he suddenly comes alive in the boardroom, like the embers of a match just struck, only to fizzle out and dwindle once back on the task.

Which brings us to the age old philosophical question . If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If Tom has a suggestion and no one hears it, does Tom make a sound?
methusaleh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Susan reminds me of the child bullied at school. But she is bullied not because of some strange twist of fate, but because she constantly emits, almost as vocally as a loud radio, signs of weakness. It is puerile comments like " do the French like their children?" that makes her the target (dummy) of so much hate.

Susan has some common sense though, and she can be a pleasant salesperson, so i can see her making her way to the finals.

Helen has given a stellar performance throughout. She always remains detached and professional. She may not be the brightest spark but she has the organisational skills of a Brigadier General. My main criticism of Helen, which ironically goes hand in hand with my compliments to her, is that she seems to be a blank canvass personality-wise. I dont think I've seen the real Helen throughout this process.
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheEssence)
Tom's a shy guy, but that was a full-on hug. Oh yes.

Anyway, Melody if you read this. Call me, PM me, anything. I listen to you all day, all night
Hopple
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just a general question, is there 2 more shows now? So a 4 person final?
I think next week is a normal episode, then interviews to leave two, and then a final between those two with a selection of previous candidates coming back to make teams. Today's was 10 of 14 with 11 of 14 being the profile of the final 5, leaving 3 more episodes. Did you get the 2 more episodes from here?
(Original post by TheEssence)
"So my business is just good for talking, huh? Well I'll hunt down your family and kidnap your pet rabbit. Then I'll give it to a greyhound track and send you photos of the races. Not just talk am I? Muahahahaha!"
noobynoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tom's a shy guy, but that was a full-on hug. Oh yes.
Well he gave Zoe a kiss on the cheek when she left. He's just a horny virgin. haha.

Anyway, could someone tell me what Melody's job actually is? It seems like she does motivational speaking to Youth groups or something? So basically pissing the European Union's money up the wall.
dirtyoldriver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by noobynoo)
Well he gave Zoe a kiss on the cheek when she left. He's just a horny virgin. haha.

Anyway, could someone tell me what Melody's job actually is? It seems like she does motivational speaking to Youth groups or something? So basically pissing the European Union's money up the wall.
She works for the National Youth Parliament. I have no idea why she never just comes out and says it instead of embellishing it with a load of nonsensical words, but yes, she is a sort of driving force behind whatever it is the NYP does.
Doughnuts!!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There are going to be four people in the final, not two. Therefore, there are two episodes left.
Florrick
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)
True.
Especially considering he is so quick to mention how young he was (16?) when he got into business.

But this isn't really a business show as much as it is an entertainment show.

I just watch it for the ridiculous clownish behaviour and the funny one-liners.
:yy: I felt it was a direct personal attack on her character. If Melody had the said the same to Sir Alan, no doubt, he would be frothing at the mouth with hate- I'm glad she's gone.
Rozzo89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im soo annoyed that Melody has gone She looked so beautiful on you're fired
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.12%
No - but I will (38)
6.95%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.58%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise