Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrkingpenguin)
    Medicine Students....ahhh

Making me feel inferior since 2012
    Student room A* people making me feel inferior since 2013 (not that long but I feel soo dumb with everyone predicted a*s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    thankyou .. well I'm planning to ace the UKCAT .. I took a test a few months ago and go 685 I think or 675 :lol:
    Could u post the link up plz?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ghost_rebel)
    http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/preparation/p.../#.Ug6QOdK1FZ4

ReputationRep:
    thankyou .. well I'm planning to ace the UKCAT .. I took a test a few months ago and go 685 I think or 675 :lol:
    How did u do it a few months ago if u are in year 11 ? I swear people learn it in year 12 and do the test in the year 12 holidays ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths A*
    English A
    P.E (BTEC) A*A*
    Spanish B
    History B
    Human Health and Physiology B
    IT (nationals) MM
    You've already got 9 GCSEs thats incredible, I've already got 4 GCSEs but with an A* percentage of 75%.When did you complete each one?-I completed German in Year 9 and got an A and English Language,English Literature and Core Science in Year 10 and got an A* in all three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost_rebel)
    http://practice.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/me...2-4A2F0B0C146C

there you go might be a bit late to do it now though :lol:

not sure if this is the one I did though ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    You've already got 9 GCSEs thats incredible, I've already got 4 GCSEs but with an A* percentage of 75%.When did you complete each one?-I completed German in Year 9 and got an A and English Language,English Literature and Core Science in Year 10 and got an A* in all three.
    lets see IT nationals were in year 8... Year 9 was history and PE .. and year 10 was Maths English Spanish and human Health and Physiology

shame as if I did History in year 10 I could have got an A* easy ( I was like 2/3 UMS of an A or something) and my Spanish was close to an A too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani97)
    How did u do it a few months ago if u are in year 11 ? I swear people learn it in year 12 and do the test in the year 12 holidays ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was the free online practise :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrkingpenguin)
    Medicine Students....ahhh

Making me feel inferior since 2012
    haha sowie

ReputationRep:
    not too sure I thought they just get lowered to one instead of counting as 2 ? but either way I won't apply somewhere GCSE heavy
    But 6a*'s is a great result! Along with work experience, etc...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Vashappeninkira;44014124]
    Maths A*
    English A
    P.E (BTEC) A*A*
    Spanish B
    History B
    Human Health and Physiology B
    IT (nationals) MM[/QUOTE

Aren't the b tecs not counted for medicine !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Someone on TSR emailed Birmingham, the university that is obsessed the most with GCSE A*s for Medicine,about OCR Nationals in ICT and they said that Distinctions were counted towards to the A* rate if they weren't in addition to GCSE ICT so BTECs are probably counted too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taci)
    But 6a*'s is a great result! Along with work experience, etc...
    thankyou and yeah im getting there with work experience 3 months in a primary school, 8 months in a care home .. trying to get hospital places but need schools help

ReputationRep:
    It was the free online practise :lol:
    Oh I see, not the real thing. So u did it for "fun"?
    u got a good score! How did u know how to answer the questions then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani97)
    Oh I see, not the real thing. So u did it for "fun"?
    u got a good score! How did u know how to answer the questions then?
    well more curiosity ... I had read around on TSR :lol: but nothing on abstract reasoning ... I hated that

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else really feeling the pressure of results? I honestly feel like I should've revised more and since I haven't revised like every hour of my life, I'm gonna fail

ReputationRep:
    well more curiosity ... I had read around on TSR :lol: but nothing on abstract reasoning ... I hated that
    so I'm guessing you're a wannabe medic eh? What universities are you thinking of applying to? I'm a wannabe medic too but I don't think I'm going to get in I took one look at the UKCAT and it reminded me of the 11+ , which was horrible! Also my GCSE grades are mediocre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani97)
    so I'm guessing you're a wannabe medic eh? What universities are you thinking of applying to? I'm a wannabe medic too but I don't think I'm going to get in I took one look at the UKCAT and it reminded me of the 11+ , which was horrible! Also my GCSE grades are mediocre
    You'll just have to apply to your strengths and not pick somewhere GCSE heavy

and in order Leeds, Sheffield, HullYork, Manchester

there are a lot of books to help you with the UKCAT and stay positive

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dalek1099;44015040]
    (Original post by Vashappeninkira)

Someone on TSR emailed Birmingham, the university that is obsessed the most with GCSE A*s for Medicine,about OCR Nationals in ICT and they said that Distinctions were counted towards to the A* rate if they weren't in addition to GCSE ICT so BTECs are probably counted too.
    Really ??! Oh I didn't know that !!! So that means I should have done btecs too cause I would have easily got a*s !!

Awkward it's a bit late now !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dalek1099;44015040]
    (Original post by Vashappeninkira)

Yep I saw that too, I'm counting mine as an equivalent! Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari Lexus)
    urmm i think they went fairly alrite actually though i have no clue how the unit 7s went OMG sameeeeeeeeeeeeeee looooooooooooool. tumblr all the waaay!
    i've found someone else who is on tumblr my life is complete

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.