Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Gk is least of our worries atm. Wojech is good enough. Is
    Fairly young and will only improve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    On Szczesny? I've always defended him on here.
    Nah, about Cesar. I remember you Arsenal fans banging on about how amazing Cesar is when the transfer rumours came up before the Brazil vs England game.

I've always defended Szcescney as well, top keeper. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only error he made was the Weimann goal against Villa and people were jumping all over him ffs. Look at how terrible Joe Hart was last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Nah, about Cesar. I remember you Arsenal fans banging on about how amazing Cesar is when the transfer rumours came up before the Brazil vs England game.

I've always defended Szcescney as well, top keeper. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only error he made was the Weimann goal against Villa and people were jumping all over him ffs. Look at how terrible Joe Hart was last season.
    The difference between the two is minimal, but Szczesny will improve and Cesar will not. Dont see why we should hand out a huge contract for Cesar for that.

The way I see it, if Wenger was happy to stick with Almunia for years, then Szczesny's position is safe. Always been skeptical that we'll be bringing a GK in.

(Original post by TheEssence)
    This summer we will truly see if things have changed in terms of being able to keep our players. I am braced for barcelona players talking about Koscielny and his "barca DNA". if he does go imo it will be our biggest loss, defensively we now have a solid partnership and him going will mess that up.
    We have absolutely no incentive to sell him, and they have no leverage over us like they did with Fabregas. Every player has his price of course, but Barca would need to pay 25m and I cant see them being able to afford that.

Kosc recently signed a new contract and seems settled in London with a young kid and with him being best mates with Giroud etc. French footballers generally settle in well at Arsenal for obvious reasons so I'm not worried.

The difference between the two is minimal, but Szczesny will improve and Cesar will not. Dont see why we should hand out a huge contract for Cesar for that.

The way I see it, if Wenger was happy to stick with Almunia for years, then Szczesny's position is safe. Always been skeptical that we'll be bringing a GK in.

We have absolutely no incentive to sell him, and they have no leverage over us like they did with Fabregas. Every player has his price of course, but Barca would need to pay 25m and I cant see them being able to afford that.

Kosc recently signed a new contract and seems settled in London with a young kid and with him being best mates with Giroud etc. French footballers generally settle in well at Arsenal for obvious reasons so I'm not worried.
    Its not only about incentive to sell, players have a lot of power in the game because of their agents. If he pushes for a move he will get it, especially since wenger wont want any bad eggs in the bunch.

ReputationRep:
    Cesar was once the best goalie in the world, schezny played for brentford or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Its not only about incentive to sell, players have a lot of power in the game because of their agents. If he pushes for a move he will get it, especially since wenger wont want any bad eggs in the bunch.
    Well to some extent. But I dont see Kosc as a diva who's going to throw his toys out if he's told he wont be sold. He has 3 years on his contract so theres only so much he can do really.

Besides, I doubt Kosc would even be that keen for a move with friends and family in London. Think he's got a sense of loyalty as well and Wenger gave him his big break after a career mostly in Ligue 2...

(Original post by yaboy)
    Cesar was once the best goalie in the world, schezny played for brentford or something
    You what? So Szczesny played for an unfashionable club on loan as a rookie teenager but Cesar ending up at a relegated team in the peak of his career impresses you? Guess Koscielny/Cazorla must be terrible as well because they were playing for Lorient/Recreativo at 24? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You what? So Szczesny played for an unfashionable club on loan as a rookie teenager but Cesar ending up at a relegated team in the peak of his career impresses you? Guess Koscielny/Cazorla must be terrible as well because they were playing for Lorient/Recreativo at 24? :rolleyes:
    Yes that is impressive, either way I see goal keeping as the last of our issues. Ive always thought goalies need to be just good enough and after that any goals conceded is down to poor defending or a wonder striker, schezny wont be the reason we make or dont make top 4 next season unless he makes howlers every game.

Hes still **** though

ReputationRep:
    lol, Spurs' official twitter account are having a Q&A session and getting absolutely parred by Arsenal trolls.

ReputationRep:
    lol, Spurs' official twitter account are having a Q&A session and getting absolutely parred by Arsenal trolls.
    This made me fall off my chair
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Have you ever considered just giving up? #THFCQandA
    the same guy has a few more

What's your preferred way of finishing behind us? The one where you're miles behind all year, or where we give you a head start?
    Does it hurt that Gareth Bale is worth more than your stadium?
    another guy in reply to michael dawson
    Michael, they say the league table does not lie. Yet you said Spurs are better then Arsenal. Why did you lie? #THFCQandA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)

''do all your players know the words to the Europa League anthem?''

''Are Lewis Holtby/Lloris looking forward to watching Schalke/Lyon in the CL next season?''

''Is Sol Campbell Spurs' best ever captain?''

:excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)

another guy in reply to michael dawson
    They arent funny tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    They arent funny tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    maybe because you have no sense of humour?
    can't you relate to those jokes? oh no its the other way around for your team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    They arent funny tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Think you need to be an Arsenal fan to laugh at these mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you will pay maximum 5M for him and will manage to sell him off for a decent amount to a MLS or arab club when he retires from european football. fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    Think you need to be an Arsenal fan to laugh at these mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    @Gareth Bale. 'Did you get your ears pinned back so you're more aerodynamic when you dive' LOL

ReputationRep:
    ''do all your players know the words to the Europa League anthem?''

''Are Lewis Holtby/Lloris looking forward to watching Schalke/Lyon in the CL next season?''

''Is Sol Campbell Spurs' best ever captain?''

:excited:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    @Gareth Bale. 'Did you get your ears pinned back so you're more aerodynamic when you dive' LOL
    Hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Some of my Arsenal friends think I have lost plot after I predict boldly that Arsenal will win the league next season, or at least win something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Some of my Arsenal friends think I have lost plot after I predict boldly that Arsenal will win the league next season, or at least win something.
    Its a strong possibility arsenal will maintain a challenge on the title. Our current squad just needs top quality additions in certain areas of the first 11 and we need more quality in players in depth, we're getting rid of deadwood and replacing them with young talent Sanogo, Yennaris etc.

I know Wenger will buy right players this summer, the PL should fear a determined Wenger who knows he's up against it. I can see a cup and a title challenge next season

ReputationRep:
    I like the positive thinking lads, 2013-2014 will be a huge improvement for us

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.