(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Are you seeing anyone about it?
    No I am not seeing someone. I know what is causing it though, can't say

ReputationRep:
    I know fine well I've failed my degree but I can't find out :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nut.)
    Just checking in again after a long-ish break from the internet.

I'm trying to get rid of some distractions in my life at the moment and do things that are more meaningful and less procrastinate-y and TSR can be one of those useless distractions so I'm gonna go without it for a while and see how it goes.

I've got a few of you on facebook and skype and I'm happy to keep in touch that way, I just find the website as a whole quite time sapping. That, and there are also quite a lot of triggering and ridiculous threads on the homepage that I could do without.

So, as this is a goodbye post either for a shortish period of time or 4eva, it's probably appropriate for me to thank people for their support and wish everybody the best. If anybody needs or wants anything and they don't have my facebook or skype details I still have email notifications for PMs set up, so I can be contacted that way. :wavey:

Edit: just realised PMs won't work when I'm perma-banned. But yeah. One of the remaining members will know how to get in touch with me if anything does come up, but I doubt it will.
    Just wanted to say I love you a ****load. Didn't initially reply to this because we speak All Of The Time anyway, but I figure it should be said here as well, since this thread is where I found you and god knows where I would be if I hadn't.

:extramassivepleasestayalivehuggles:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Paranoia's back. Still at the point I can just about peg them as delusions but probably not for long. Have to survive the next week until I see the psychiatrist without getting to the point I think they're real or letting my parents notice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    I know fine well I've failed my degree but I can't find out :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry i couldn't talk earlier on skype i had a therapist appointment. Sorry i can't chat atm im busy, but i will be around at like 6pm if u need someone to talk to :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Appointment at 3 :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Warning, lots of potential triggers here, so read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Last night i reached what may have been the lowest I've ever felt, i felt so bad that i needed to resort to substances that i thought i had given up.

I have always kept everything in, painful though it may be, with very few ways of release or coping mechanisms. I basically just let it all out last night, i couldn't hold it in anymore. i told everything to some mates and me and my dad were crying our eyes out across skype.

On top of the substances i took, i hadn't eaten anything for nearly 2 days, slept about 4 hours over the last few days, and I hadn't smoked pot for a week, when i had been smoking it daily for months. Oh, I've also been unemployed for nearly a year, hadn't seen my parents for 5 months and the sertraline I've been on for a month doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've also been getting more and more anxious about everything the last month.

I feel so disconnected from reality at the moment, and so fragile. I hope though that the events last night will serve as a catalyst to help me get better.

Also, i love how supportive my therapist is. She makes me have faith that i will eventually get better, and that i have the strength to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :jumphug: Having done both the part-time thing and the intermission thing, if you want any information/advice, feel free to PM me. I definitely know what you mean regarding cost and support - my main fear when I intermitted was not being able to stay here due to money, but I've managed to work it out, although it is incredibly tight. You will be eligible for council tax benefit/housing benefit, and you can look into DLA and stuff. As an intermitting student, you'll be eligible for the Access to Learning Fund from the university, which might help a bit at first while you look for jobs, although I think you might have to wait until the start of the new academic year to apply for that.

If you went part time, the uni would contact SFE to say that you're a part-time student studying on a full-time basis, which means you'd still get your funding from them, although if you ever reverted back to full-time, they'd start charging you the £9,000 fees rather than the £3500 or whatever it is for the 2011 entry year. They'll only give you a year of extra funding though, which means you can only do one academic stage (i.e. year two) over two years I think. I'm not sure on that front though!

Remember, even if you do withdraw now, there's nothing to say that you won't be able to go back to uni at a later date and start again when you're in a better mental state, either here or at another uni. SFE will give you funding for one extra year regardless. Don't feel at all like you're completely ****ing up your plans if you withdraw now, because you're not - there are always options.

And well done on the firsts you've achieved!
    Thanks for all this is helpful. I might PM you as well later on. How are you doing atm?

I think I'm trying to decide between going part time or intermitting and just doing my exams next summer. I think withdrawing altogether would be a bad idea for me.

I wouldn't have to redo the thirty credit module I passed this year, but would still have six other modules so it's not properly part time, more like redoing the year but minus one module and then I would do third year as normal. I would like to have a chance to actually attend lectures/seminars, like properly engage with my course but I don't know I'll be able too as all the reasons I haven't yet still apply. I can just see a complete repeat of last year happening and it seems stupid to pay for something I'm not using.

My care coordinator says I'm eligible for the new DLA and also ESA so with that I guess I might be able to stay here. Really don't want to apply for them though. I don't know if not having the stress of attending uni would be helpful or not. I would still have to write some essays I missed and learn for six exams, but wouldn't have any structure at all and I'm not sure I have the ability to work completely independently like that.

Think I should probably talk about my options with someone from uni, but I don't really know who I would email. Need to contact the finance office anyway to see what I'd have to pay. Blehh. This feels ridiculous because right now I'm in no state to be doing any work (literally couldn't even help an 8 year old with his english homework the other day :emo:) and is not ever going to improve so what does it matter.

(Original post by sadpanda123)
    I feel the same at the moment, I hate making decisions :confused: I don't have a part-time option though as you can't do my current course part time... Not that I really want to do that course at all :eek: I also find the idea of still being here in xyz month in the future horrible

Part- time might be good if you feel the volume of work stresses you out, making you feel and perform worse.
    Sometimes I can't decide between cornflakes or weetabix so I just don't have anything it's that bad :emo:

It might be worth speaking to someone about going part time if that's what you wanted to do - my course doesn't normally have part time students, but they make exceptions if you have a valid reason. But if you don't want to be there at all, have you looked into withdrawing/changing courses? Studying is hard enough as it is, must be even worse if you aren't enjoying the course. :console:

(Original post by asdfgah)
    x
    Did you get anything squishy through the post recently? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    Did you get anything squishy through the post recently? :ninja:
    Yes! I posted about it when I got it but must have quoted you wrongly (not sure I started with a capital 'S'.. will try and find it cos I think it was very enthusiastic

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post43348414

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how much prescriptions cost in England just now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    I'm medically exempt so not 100% but I think £7.85.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    I'm medically exempt so not 100% but I think £7.85.
    I have to pay for mine, so just to confirm that asdfgah is right with how much they cost :yy: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    I have to pay for mine, so just to confirm that asdfgah is right with how much they cost :yy: :yes:
    thanks both of you.

--------------------------------

Feeling upset

ReputationRep:
    Yay the appointment is cancelled

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anxiety attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Sorry i couldn't talk earlier on skype i had a therapist appointment. Sorry i can't chat atm im busy, but i will be around at like 6pm if u need someone to talk to :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's ok, sounds like you need a chat! :hugs:

Hopefully things will pick up for you soon, I really do hope they do! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by PonchoKid)
    It's ok, sounds like you need a chat! :hugs:

Hopefully things will pick up for you soon, I really do hope they do! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did your telephone interview go? You were so terrified, hope it went okay!

(Original post by Sultana)
    Thanks for all this is helpful. I might PM you as well later on. How are you doing atm?

I think I'm trying to decide between going part time or intermitting and just doing my exams next summer. I think withdrawing altogether would be a bad idea for me.

I wouldn't have to redo the thirty credit module I passed this year, but would still have six other modules so it's not properly part time, more like redoing the year but minus one module and then I would do third year as normal. I would like to have a chance to actually attend lectures/seminars, like properly engage with my course but I don't know I'll be able too as all the reasons I haven't yet still apply. I can just see a complete repeat of last year happening and it seems stupid to pay for something I'm not using.

My care coordinator says I'm eligible for the new DLA and also ESA so with that I guess I might be able to stay here. Really don't want to apply for them though. I don't know if not having the stress of attending uni would be helpful or not. I would still have to write some essays I missed and learn for six exams, but wouldn't have any structure at all and I'm not sure I have the ability to work completely independently like that.

Think I should probably talk about my options with someone from uni, but I don't really know who I would email. Need to contact the finance office anyway to see what I'd have to pay. Blehh. This feels ridiculous because right now I'm in no state to be doing any work (literally couldn't even help an 8 year old with his english homework the other day :emo:) and is not ever going to improve so what does it matter.
    PMed you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How did your telephone interview go? You were so terrified, hope it went okay!
    it went ok in the fact that im getting CBT, but it was ridiculously triggering, and i felt awful all day, to the point where i just broke down last night in my boyfriends arms

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.