Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango93)
    I don't know if this helps but I just bought the 'Achieving QTS: Passing the Numeracy skills test' book from Amazon for like 8 pounds or something and I felt completely prepared for the test and passed no problem (despite my maths being terrible!) So don't feel that you have to fork out on Numeracy Ready, other resources are cheaper and just as useful
    The real bonus for me with Numeracy Ready is the mental arithmetic sections. Reading the questions in a book isn't the same as hearing them read to you by the computer lady. It helps you to practice noting the numbers as she reads them the first time and then start work while the second reading is taking place.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this helps but I just bought the 'Achieving QTS: Passing the Numeracy skills test' book from Amazon for like 8 pounds or something and I felt completely prepared for the test and passed no problem (despite my maths being terrible!) So don't feel that you have to fork out on Numeracy Ready, other resources are cheaper and just as useful
    That's the book I used and I passed first time despite being really nervous. Only read about 25% on my kindle but it was enough to bring most of it back to me. I'd definitely recommend it if (like me) someone doesn't have enough money to spend on Numeracy Ready.

(Original post by crock)
    The real bonus for me with Numeracy Ready is the mental arithmetic sections. Reading the questions in a book isn't the same as hearing them read to you by the computer lady. It helps you to practice noting the numbers as she reads them the first time and then start work while the second reading is taking place.
    I agree... but there's practice tests online. I did three of those and that was enough to get used to the format.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I thnink that maybe be the book I have too, with the practice tests in. I'm just worried I'm not going to pass my maths! Maths phobia! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crock)
    I think that would be beneficial to me a well actually seeing the methods of working out on the screen!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I have emails offering me places at all three places I applied to, but only one has updated on track so far, and with it being christmas I imagine nothing will update for another week or so. Is anyone else in this position? It seems most unusual to send an offer out but not put it through on Track.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I got interview offers at Sheffield Hallam and Hull on January 6 and 15 respectively!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slainery)
    Yay, I got interview offers at Sheffield Hallam and Hull on January 6 and 15 respectively!
    I've applied and had an interview at SHU. What subject are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I've applied and had an interview at SHU. What subject are you applying for?
    Modern Foreign Languages (French and Spanish), and you?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got an interview for St Mary's, Twickenham? I got an interview for there and IOE but can only go to one because I am from Ireland but will only be home from Dubai for xmas. So I only have one shot at this interview. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slainery)
    Modern Foreign Languages (French and Spanish), and you?
    Secondary R.E.! Good luck It's a nice place and the people seem to be lovely, it's a laid back interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    I have emails offering me places at all three places I applied to, but only one has updated on track so far, and with it being christmas I imagine nothing will update for another week or so. Is anyone else in this position? It seems most unusual to send an offer out but not put it through on Track.
    I'm the same, had email offers from all three choices but only two have updated on Track (Kings still hasn't even put my interview on there, let alone the offer!)
    I know where I want to go so considering just withdrawing from there and accepting my first choice but I'd rather they all came through
    Won't be doing anything till after Christmas now anyway!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by magic_box)
    I'm the same, had email offers from all three choices but only two have updated on Track (Kings still hasn't even put my interview on there, let alone the offer!)
    I know where I want to go so considering just withdrawing from there and accepting my first choice but I'd rather they all came through
    Won't be doing anything till after Christmas now anyway!
    Kings have been exactly the same with me - what's the point of track if no-one uses it? The place that has the offer on track is the place I plan on accepting, so I considered withdrawing from the others. But like you I'd much rather they all came through. Glad to see I'm not the only one XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    Hi Tory, congrats I guess as long as they have not updated on track you are under no pressure to accept? Your ten days won't begin until they are updated. Lots of time to ponder I received final decision today, with all choices updated on track, however I have until Jan 17th to decide, a lot longer than ten days. I am hoping this is due to christmas break and not a mistake, I would hate not to accept within ten days and loose my choices. I am so undecided I could really do with the extra time!! Enjoy Christmas, I'm sure track will update as soon as offices open again in the new year

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received/completed an interview at St. Mary's Twickenham for secondary Physical Education (PE)? If so can you give me any information/tips you feel worthwhile please?

Thanks! Niall.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jill14)
    Hi Tory, congrats I guess as long as they have not updated on track you are under no pressure to accept? Your ten days won't begin until they are updated. Lots of time to ponder I received final decision today, with all choices updated on track, however I have until Jan 17th to decide, a lot longer than ten days. I am hoping this is due to christmas break and not a mistake, I would hate not to accept within ten days and loose my choices. I am so undecided I could really do with the extra time!! Enjoy Christmas, I'm sure track will update as soon as offices open again in the new year
    Cheers, I guess it's a nice problem to have XD 17th means them coming back on the 3rd (and skipping weekends), which seems reasonable. But just to be safe, I'd take a screenshot of the date. That way you can just send it to them if there is a problem. Which subject have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Got a reply from my last choice got an interview for the SCITT I applied to, on the 3rd February.

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good offer from a reputable teacher training provider x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Secondary R.E.! Good luck It's a nice place and the people seem to be lovely, it's a laid back interview.
    Thanks! I'm so nervous

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas guys. Wish I could say this was one day I could relax but nope, teacher training still on my mind :-P it's just another day in the way of me hearing from unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denu)
    How did your interview go? I hope it went well and you had a good time, too!
    Thanks for asking! It seemed to go pretty well, and clearly did cos I heard back the next day (Thursday) saying I'd got a conditional offer! Obviously I haven't done my skills tests yet, so still need to do that (and the medical check and DBS - there's a section on the interview website for YSJ about the medical check) and I have to do them by March, but still very exciting! It was a good christmas present Looks like I'll hopefully be meeting you in September!
    Massive congratulations on your offer! Without having to do the skills tests it must be a massive relief!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.