TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope Watch

The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Peeps, we fell off the first page of the Religion subforum. NOT ENOUGH SPAMMING :fuhrer:

I've managed to do some uni reading for the first time in nearly two months. Think I might finally be getting better Praise the Lord! :jebus:
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Peeps, we fell off the first page of the Religion subforum. NOT ENOUGH SPAMMING :fuhrer:

I've managed to do some uni reading for the first time in nearly two months. Think I might finally be getting better Praise the Lord! :jebus:
Yay so happy for you!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Yay so happy for you!
Thanks lovely :kissing2: How are you doing?
Groot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

What is / was wrong with your health? :hugs:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks lovely :kissing2: How are you doing?
Ups and downs. Just been on major down but now on a bit of an up and managing to be productive essay wise which is great!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Groot)
What is / was wrong with your health? :hugs:
Severe mental health problems (schizoaffective disorder, depressive type) :sadnod:

Ups and downs. Just been on major down but now on a bit of an up and managing to be productive essay wise which is great!
Sorry to hear you've been down - you can always ping me a message if that would help at all Will pray for you! Glad you are going up now though
Groot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Severe mental health problems (schizoaffective disorder, depressive type) :sadnod:
Oh my, I see. *hugs you tight* :hugs:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Groot)
Oh my, I see. *hugs you tight* :hugs:
Thanks. Tiz OK, could be much worse :yep:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Sorry to hear you've been down - you can always ping me a message if that would help at all Will pray for you! Glad you are going up now though
Thanks sweetie <3 you're the best
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks sweetie <3 you're the best
:penguinhug:
Mazzini
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
:lurk:

I haven't properly been on TSR in like 3 weeks

Anyway I hope everyone is having a blessed Christmas and best wishes to all for 2015
Joannywhite
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy New Year 2015 my dear friends.
I pray it be a blessed one for all of you. You will be able to triumph over the world because He that is in you is greater than he that is in the world.:awesome::awesome:
fluteflute
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Joannywhite)
Happy New Year 2015 my dear friends.
I pray it be a blessed one for all of you. You will be able to triumph over the world because He that is in you is greater than he that is in the world.:awesome::awesome:

Happy new year everyone!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy New Year, peeps :grouphugs: :woo: :danceboy: :party: :yeah:
OurSeaBee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's a bugger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OurSeaBee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh. Does anybody here speak Russian? I need expert advice on translations of War and Peace. I need to read it again in preparation for the BBC adaptation later this year. I have got the Louise and Aylmer Maude translation, which Tolstoy himself approved in his lifetime, but the rumour is that the Pevear and Volkhonsky version is better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 3 years ago
Happy New Year everyone! I hope it's blessed for all of you.

(Original post by OurSeaBee)
Oh. Does anybody here speak Russian? I need expert advice on translations of War and Peace. I need to read it again in preparation for the BBC adaptation later this year. I have got the Louise and Aylmer Maude translation, which Tolstoy himself approved in his lifetime, but the rumour is that the Pevear and Volkhonsky version is better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there going to be a TV adaptation or do you mean the one that was on Radio Four on New Year's Day? I only heard snippets in the car but it was not what I expected War & Peace to be like. I often find that with classics though, in fact, I think I'm right in saying that Calvino says it's a definition of a classic.

(Original post by Mazzini)
:lurk:

I haven't properly been on TSR in like 3 weeks

Anyway I hope everyone is having a blessed Christmas and best wishes to all for 2015
More like three months for me , probably more actually.

Went to a lovely Midnight Mass at home in Norfolk, it was the highest service I've ever been to. There was smells and bells until one of the clangers flew out of the bell into the choir.
sherbet_lemons7
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
OurSeaBee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Norfolkadam)
Is there going to be a TV adaptation or do you mean the one that was on Radio Four on New Year's Day? I only heard snippets in the car but it was not what I expected War & Peace to be like. I often find that with classics though, in fact, I think I'm right in saying that Calvino says it's a definition of a classic.
There is a television adaptation coming later in the year. Not impressed with the R4 version.

(Original post by Norfolkadam)
Went to a lovely Midnight Mass at home in Norfolk, it was the highest service I've ever been to. There was smells and bells until one of the clangers flew out of the bell into the choir.
Norfolk? Urgh. I don't cross the Waveney.

Time for Old Calendar Christmas. Having had Christmas once already, am I allowed a second one? #EasternOrthodoxProblems

Posted from TSR Mobile
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 3 years ago

Saw this today and I thought it was a very fitting tribute for the tragic events of this morning.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.76%
No (648)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.45%

Watched Threads