Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nancy97)
    Yup...
    Are you going to include your teacher's comments in your written works?
    I don't know whether I should translate them too...
    Yup, but I do not have a translation issue as I have to submit work in English and in French :/ go ask your teacher if he/she can translate his/her comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamara98)
    Yup, but I do not have a translation issue as I have to submit work in English and in French :/ go ask your teacher if he/she can translate his/her comments.
    Oh, consider yourself lucky, at least you don't have to bear up with translation issue...
    Ahahahaha, believe me, Tamara, you wouldn't ask my teachers If you were me. I'm doing everything alone, including translation of teacher's comments...
    And one more question: do I need to convert written work's mark into UK mark so that the tutors understand it? Our educational system and grading system isn't the same as the UK, but that's the issue many international applicants are facing though....
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone doing admissions tests tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Oh, consider yourself lucky, at least you don't have to bear up with translation issue...
    Ahahahaha, believe me, Tamara, you wouldn't ask my teachers If you were me. I'm doing everything alone, including translation of teacher's comments...
    And one more question: do I need to convert written work's mark into UK mark so that the tutors understand it? Our educational system and grading system isn't the same as the UK, but that's the issue many international applicants are facing though....
    I know the feel ! My teachers haven't been helping me at all but they agreed to give me an assignment that they will grade so that I can submit them. So far only the career advisor has been really supportive.
    Otherwise about the grades do not worry, leave it as it is.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, regarding the written work cover sheet, there's an area for a stamp. However, don't know if that's the case in the UK but our teachers do not have their own stamp. Should I get it stamped by the school principal ? :/

ReputationRep:
    I know the feel ! My teachers haven't been helping me at all but they agreed to give me an assignment that they will grade so that I can submit them. So far only the career advisor has been really supportive.
    Otherwise about the grades do not worry, leave it as it is.
    Thank God that they were merciful to at least give you an assignment! -_- That's really unfair, they should be proud of us and help us. ;(
    Yeah, I'll leave the original grade, Oxford surely has a system that compares their grading system with other countries'.

Guys, regarding the written work cover sheet, there's an area for a stamp. However, don't know if that's the case in the UK but our teachers do not have their own stamp. Should I get it stamped by the school principal ? :/
    Neither do my teachers have their own stamp. You have to get it stamped by your school.
    But my school won't stamp a document that isn't in out mother tongue.... -___-

ReputationRep:
    Thank God that they were merciful to at least give you an assignment! -_- That's really unfair, they should be proud of us and help us. ;(
    Yeah, I'll leave the original grade, Oxford surely has a system that compares their grading system with other countries'.

Neither do my teachers have their own stamp. You have to get it stamped by your school.
    But my school won't stamp a document that isn't in out mother tongue.... -___-
    I am so sorry that it's so hard for you... Good luck, keep going !

ReputationRep:
    I am so sorry that it's so hard for you... Good luck, keep going !
    I'm not the only one who has some issues, everybody has some kind of problems, we just have to be persistent! Good luck to you too, I am sure your essay will be excellent and that you'll be shortlisted!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the only one who has some issues, everybody has some kind of problems, we just have to be persistent! Good luck to you too, I am sure your essay will be excellent and that you'll be shortlisted!
    Thank you for your lovely words, hopefully we'll both manage to get an interview ! PM me if you need any help <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by npstudent)
    Just been allocated to St Edmund Hall for Law

I have been allocated there too. Have you heard anything back from them?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your lovely words, hopefully we'll both manage to get an interview ! PM me if you need any help <3
    Well, let's give out best and hopefully meet one day!!!
    Thank you very much, Tamara, you're very kind! I can say the same, please ask if you need help! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Aww thanks. I will need it c:

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them about the stamp problem because my teachers didn't have stamps either and they found an alternative way. You could call/email them and see what they suggest

ReputationRep:
    So what is the alrernative way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowflake39)
    I emailed them about the stamp problem because my teachers didn't have stamps either and they found an alternative way. You could call/email them and see what they suggest
    Which college are you applying to ? What was the suggestion ?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for philosophy and theology at Jesus college (ironically).

Good luck to all of you guys for tomorrow- if anyone else is taking the "PHIL" let me know!

Also, as for the written work I have to send in two essays- do we just post them to our respective colleges or is there some quicker way, such as by email?

Best of luck to everyone with your applications

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else taking the MLAT/ELAT tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Thank you, definitely gonna need it XD XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGrice)
    Anyone else taking the MLAT/ELAT tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Finally someone applying for English and Modern Languages too !

ReputationRep:
    Finally someone applying for English and Modern Languages too !
    Yes! What modern language did you apply for? I applied for French!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.