Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest, if Arsene Wenger ran the country there would be no problems. Such a great man. In terms of economy, racism, personal, fitness, education, etc etc.

Arsene Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    If we beat Monaco i will give my future sons the middle name "Woolwich" or "Arsene". Ngl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    True, it's just a bs ploy, but I guess is a reward to a club for playing "fairly". Hull got in as FA Cup runners up though, nice for them but it is going to cost us the 4th spot sooner or later. Add in the fact our group stage draws are disgusting (Liverpool vs. CL holders, Arsenal vs. Dortmund and last year the most disgusting draw possible, City vs. Bayern Ajax etc.) and it's not surprising our teams struggle to get out in 1st and then fail to progress past R16. I'm not saying it's a good excuse, our top teams should be on par with the top Spanish teams (well maybe not considering their TV rights are complete bs), but constantly getting drawn the top 2 German teams for what, 3 years running, in the GS is a pisstake.
    Only 2 years in a row.

You got drawn Schalke 3 years ago and you managed to come 2nd in that group so you faced Bayern Munich...

Although the groups for you have been fairly tough past 2 years but before that your groups were like Chelsea's. Manchester United hands down get the easiest groups every year though.
    Feel like Walcott should start tomorrow, worrying signs on the contract side, Vengs suggesting he's digging his feet in trying to stall. He really deserves a spot over Welbeck imo, Welbs goal on Monday papered over another bog standard performance, full of effort but not much else.

Coq
    Cazorla/Rosicky Ozil
    Walcott Giroud Sanchez.

Niiiiiccceeeee

Plus we can get away with 2 CAM's against West ham imo
    I'd disagree that you'd get away with 2 CAMs, Maybe a Cazorla Rosicky combo in front of Coquelin but I'd look to put in Ramsey.

No to Chamberlain though.

ReputationRep:
    The game today is not going to be broadcasted isn't it? (On UK channels)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    The game today is not going to be broadcasted isn't it? (On UK channels)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No.

We're the only 'top' team playing at 3 today. Had a dream West Ham thumped us 4-1 wtf.

Also guys...every time I want to be stubborn and stay mad at Wenger I can't help it. I guess I love the man too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Let's be honest, if Arsene Wenger ran the country there would be no problems. Such a great man. In terms of economy, racism, personal, fitness, education, etc etc.

Arsene Wenger.
    Yeah he's a great man but I still want him out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Yeah he's a great man but I still want him out
    yea but you're also the kind of guy who would shout ''run'' at Verdun whereas Wenger will shout ''stand your ground''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Verdun

Wenger will see it out. Proper men like him always do.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the arsenal theme songs
    ( I know Liverpool have you never walk alone)
    I am just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would have given the guy a holiday.

Would also say that Milan clubs are more racist(chairman of Milan calls balotelli the little family ****** as if he's their exotic trophy when he was playing for them, guy obviously doing his Donald Sterling impression)

That's not to say that Chelsea haven't had their issues with racism but it's few and far between(when you look statistically west ham been done for more racist offences than us, Stoke as well too) and I don't think anybody was arrested/banned for life for a racist offence last season at Chelsea so clearly it's not so bad as people make it out to be.

Personally it was good the guy didn't get on the train and got pushed off, imagine what could have happened if he was in the train with all those racist Chelsea supporters there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProNoob)
    Does anyone know the arsenal theme songs
    ( I know Liverpool have you never walk alone)
    I am just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're not a TV show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    They're not a TV show.
    Lol
    Anthems

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm off, knees up mother brown!

I say 3-0 to the Arsenal !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Only 2 years in a row.

You got drawn Schalke 3 years ago and you managed to come 2nd in that group so you faced Bayern Munich...

Although the groups for you have been fairly tough past 2 years but before that your groups were like Chelsea's. Manchester United hands down get the easiest groups every year though.

I'd disagree that you'd get away with 2 CAMs, Maybe a Cazorla Rosicky combo in front of Coquelin but I'd look to put in Ramsey.

No to Chamberlain though.
    The draw for English teams bar Chelsea have been pretty filthy the last few years, you can't deny that, City getting the Bayern 2 years running, Arsenal managing to get arguably the hardest teams from pot 2 3 and 4 last year. English teams are going to be in the **** if they come second in their group, because, as has been shown on the probability of each draw for R16, we always have a 1/3ish chance of getting drawn a Bayern or Barcalona, because of the fact you can't play the team from your group or a team from your own country.

Still, I'd say we're still quite comfortably the 3rd best league in the world at worst in terms of European football, whether that will be the case in a few years is doubtful.

Cambo is injured so he won't play

ReputationRep:
    Ospina, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

Szczesny, Gibbs, Bellerin, Flamini, Cazorla, Welbeck, Akpom

ReputationRep:
    Hope theo goes in today, guy really needs it.

ReputationRep:
    #Arsenal team to play West Ham: Ospina, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud #AFCvWHU

Just about the perfect line up tbh
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bellerin dropped again ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Walcott starts, Chambers at RB and Cazorla to the bench. Ite ite, good rotation not bad.

ReputationRep:
    The formation suits the players too. Should be a win. Glad to see Theo in the lineup again, would have been better if Alexis was rested too for Monaco game

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, bar Debuchy (and maybe Gabriel), I'd say that's pretty much our best line up possible in terms of individual players and best system.

Kind of nervous about Arteta coming back soon, man's gonna ruin our system by slowing our play down by being the "ball distributor", great player, but not what we need right now in terms of system

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.