Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I have my law interview tomorrow at kings for the Dickson Poon scholarship? Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Still no word from Warwick for Law with Social Sciences....

ReputationRep:
    Guys. Apparently there's been something on the news today about this being the final day to hear from UK universities? Can someone please verify this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bijoux1801)
    Guys. Apparently there's been something on the news today about this being the final day to hear from UK universities? Can someone please verify this?
    Where did you get this from? Under UCAS, unis can take up to May to get back to you if they wish to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Where did you get this from? Under UCAS, unis can take up to May to get back to you if they wish to.
    Just someone that said something about it being on the news lol. Never mind though, I think UCAS is definitely more reliable lol

ReputationRep:
    Finally received an offer from Birmingham for Law with German Law! Now I have to make the decision between Birmingham and Bristol since as an international student my offers vary a lot ahhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Guys am I still likely to get an offer from Nottingham if I've had to wait this long? Applied in November.

ReputationRep:
    Guys am I still likely to get an offer from Nottingham if I've had to wait this long? Applied in November.
    Yes you are, a lot of my friends are still waiting. I don't really think it depends so much on date of application submission now. it's probably done in batches

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    I got my LLB offer from Durham on 30th March and I was told that the college I'm assigned to would send me a welcome email in 2 weeks time. However till now I'm receiving nothing...Has anyone who also received their offers at the end of March heard from any college yet? I'm getting a little worried...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atptcs)
    I got my LLB offer from Durham on 30th March and I was told that the college I'm assigned to would send me a welcome email in 2 weeks time. However till now I'm receiving nothing...Has anyone who also received their offers at the end of March heard from any college yet? I'm getting a little worried...
    I was told the same and accepted a day afterwards, it's very much likely you've been allocated but they've neglected to tell you where. I was booking a visit for this Thursday last week, but they we're dragging their heels so I called them and they told me that I'd been allocated to Grey (I'm yet to receive any kind of notice besides my phone call that I've been allocated there). So, my advice is to just straight up call them and ask.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Nottingham
    I'm sorry to hear that. I was also upset when I got a rejection from them.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Law at Cardiff! AAB!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAssassin786)
    I'm sorry to hear that. I was also upset when I got a rejection from them.
    Same. Did they also give you an offer for another course?

ReputationRep:
    Same. Did they also give you an offer for another course?
    Yes- like social policy and sociology- something I do not want to at university.

But fortunately Birmingham gave me an offer AAA so I am happy now. I firmed them and I am really excited. They are 11th for Law in QS rankings so I am not really too disheartened that I never got into a top 10 university like Nottingham.

What offers did they give you as a alternative course?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone contacted Notts recently? Feels like I've been waiting forever...

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham or Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAssassin786)
    Yes- like social policy and sociology- something I do not want to at university.

But fortunately Birmingham gave me an offer AAA so I am happy now. I firmed them and I am really excited. They are 11th for Law in QS rankings so I am not really too disheartened that I never got into a top 10 university like Nottingham.

What offers did they give you as a alternative course?
    I had applied for law with french and french law. They gave me an offer for just french studies. I dont want that either lol.

Have an offerfrom Bristol though so i think i might firm them

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for law from Surrey of AAB, does anyone know if they have any flexibility after results? I phoned the faculty but they seemed cagey to answer, some other universities (that are higher ranked for law than Surrey) seem to have up to 2 grades of flexibility but it's proving hard to find out how strict Surrey are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by db18)
    I've got an offer for law from Surrey of AAB, does anyone know if they have any flexibility after results? I phoned the faculty but they seemed cagey to answer,
    Because they wont know how many 'near misses' they might take (if any) until Results Day, and naturally they aren't going to say at this stage that you don't need to get the grades to get into their Uni.

If you already think you wont get the grades for Surrey its a bit silly picking it as your Firm - especially for something as competitive as Law.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.