The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

geoff_yin
Even as a hardened Liverpool fan, you surely must admit that the Fulham defender was trying to clear the ball and it instead just bounced back from Gerrard's knee and kindly fell for Benayoun!
I know that and that is absolutely correct, but the fact is that it touched Gerrard last, and that's all that matters.
All it comes down to is if the ball ricocheting off Gerrard counts as a pass. In the rules it states the last player to pass the ball. I don't know about you but i don't count the ball being kicked into you as a pass; however, I can't find any definition of pass that states it has to be a direct intentional movement.
In the FF, you get the assist if you win the penalty. Thats hardly a pass in the logical sense since its more a case of having the ball and someone knocking you over.
sarforaz
In the FF, you get the assist if you win the penalty. Thats hardly a pass in the logical sense since its more a case of having the ball and someone knocking you over.

That is stated as an exception.
Reply 4164
Great. I put in Gerrard on Wednesday night because it looked like Liverpool's CL dreams were going out the window. Now Gerrard's highly unlikely to start tomorrow!

Had to make two other changes as well this week, so I can't really afford to swap Gerrard for Lampard now! Lampard will no doubt score against Bolton too... :rant:
Is Bellamy injured? Seems as good a reason as any to get rid of him. My team is appalling now, put Torres in last week though so hopefully he can win me some points.
I think i need to shift my team around a bit.. Kept Vidic so he'll slot into the back4.. think ill take out Bosingwa cos he's just tying up funds and might not even play again this season...
Reply 4167
Bellamy's not injured afaik, so he should be playing.

I've taken out Bosingwa already. I really don't care that I lost £0.6m in team value or whatever.

Just praying that Gerrard's fit to start...
Collins out Assou-Ekotto in

Team for this week:

Jones

Assou-Ekotto
Bassong
Baines

Ronaldo(c)
A.Young
Lampard
Gerrard

Di Michele
Keane
Jo

Subs:

Schwarzer
Collison
L.Young
Figueroa
Hopefully Gerrard wont play so you all lose an expensive player :p:
Cant decide whether to sub him out or not..

I wish i had my wildcard.. there's like 6 transfers I want to do :p:
Reply 4171
Ronaldo VII
Hopefully Gerrard wont play so you all lose an expensive player :p:

Tbh, realistically I don't see how Gerrard could possibly be starting tomorrow's match. But I can't make any more transfers now. If I waited about 12 hours longer before putting in Gerrard I would have put in Lampard instead!

If Gerrard is indeed fit though, I have found a way to get the fantastic four of the midfielders into my team by next week! :teeth:

Would be so cool to have Ronaldo (c), Lampard, Fabregas and Gerrard!
Reply 4172
geoff_yin
Tbh, realistically I don't see how Gerrard could possibly be starting tomorrow's match. But I can't make any more transfers now. If I waited about 12 hours longer before putting in Gerrard I would have put in Lampard instead!

If Gerrard is indeed fit though, I have found a way to get the fantastic four of the midfielders into my team by next week! :teeth:

LOL I used to have that midfield last season.

It didn't pay off though, I had a shocking defence as a result and it meant I dropped a lot of easy points.
geoff_yin

Wouldnt those 4 cost like 40-50mil between them?
8mil for keepers, 20mil for defenders, 4.3mil for one more midfield player, 14mil for 3 strikers.. so thats.. like 85mil.. and then extra 15mil to improve on the players.. and any extra cash made..
I guess it can be done :eek:
Reply 4174
Colesy
LOL I used to have that midfield last season.

It didn't pay off though, I had a shocking defence as a result and it meant I dropped a lot of easy points.

If I had that midfield, my first-team defence (+ goalkeeper) would consist of:

1 United player
1 Arsenal player
1 Liverpool player
1 Everton player
1 Villa player

Not too shabby huh!
Schwarzer, (Myhill)
Baines, Hangeland, Hughes, L.Young, Hreidarsson
Ronaldo, Lampard, Gerrard, Fabregas (Osbourne)
Davies (Ameobi, Windass).

Thats the best I can come up with, if you try and put all 4 in (with the cash I have :p:
geoff_yin
If I had that midfield, my first-team defence (+ goalkeeper) would consist of:

1 United player
1 Arsenal player
1 Liverpool player
1 Everton player
1 Villa player

Not too shabby huh!

Would leave me with 0.0m.
Reply 4177
Ronaldo VII

Would leave me with 0.0m.

Nope. You only got one defender and one striker the same as what I would have. You can do better than Cresswell up front surely?

P.S. What's the point of Almunia in goal when he's injured?
geoff_yin
Nope. You only got one defender and one striker the same as what I would have. You can do better than Cresswell up front surely?

P.S. What's the point of Almunia in goal when he's injured?

Nope what?

It's a hypothetical situation, I'm not going to actually use the team :p: I chose Almunia it was cheaper than having an Arsenal defender and keeper from one of the other teams you mentioned. I wouldn't necessarily have defenders from the clubs you mentioned, I'd have a Chelsea one in there for a start.
Reply 4179
Ronaldo VII
Nope what?

It's a hypothetical situation, I'm not going to actually use the team :p: I chose Almunia it was cheaper than having an Arsenal defender and keeper from one of the other teams you mentioned. I wouldn't necessarily have defenders from the clubs you mentioned, I'd have a Chelsea one in there for a start.

Sorry, thought you were guessing the team I would have :eek3:

Yeah Chelsea's defence is so difficult to predict, even though they have a decent enough run-in. Not sure which of Alex/Ivanovic/Carvalho is most likely to play nowadays!

Latest