Some stations better than others I think. Who knows.....:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    I'm you did great! Fingers crossed for you! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Hey, ive just got back from UEA today aswel, mayb we saw each other lol. One thing to point out was that it was BLOODY COLD! and im from the north and i know cold but when you leave norwich station into a snow storm you know its not your lucky day.

As for the uni i found the people and staff extremly friendly, most of the interviewers were really friendly and I have to say i actually enjoyed the OSEC (is that what its called) interview style, its intresting, time flies aand if you make a mistake at one station you can forget about it.

Love UEA and i hope that i get an offer ,700 interview, 230 offers, 120 places. Hope agaisnt hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosmo72)
    Hey, ive just got back from UEA today aswel, mayb we saw each other lol. One thing to point out was that it was BLOODY COLD! and im from the north and i know cold but when you leave norwich station into a snow storm you know its not your lucky day.

As for the uni i found the people and staff extremly friendly, most of the interviewers were really friendly and I have to say i actually enjoyed the OSEC (is that what its called) interview style, its intresting, time flies aand if you make a mistake at one station you can forget about it.

Love UEA and i hope that i get an offer ,700 interview, 230 offers, 120 places. Hope agaisnt hope

Yeah, most of my interviewers were friendly, it was the quickest 50 minutes of my life lol. I looked down at my stickers, and I was like ' they've all gone' then I realized that it had actually finished! Did you find one of the scenarios particularly difficult ( don't reveal any details though)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, most of my interviewers were friendly, it was the quickest 50 minutes of my life lol. I looked down at my stickers, and I was like ' they've all gone' then I realized that it had actually finished! Did you find one of the scenarios particularly difficult ( don't reveal any details though)
    I found the ethics scenaro tricky, and the interviewer kept asking me the same question over and over and everytime i tried to answer he just asked the same question again :zomg: but i think i got it in the end, what about you did you find any particularly harD?

ReputationRep:
    I found the ethics scenaro tricky, and the interviewer kept asking me the same question over and over and everytime i tried to answer he just asked the same question again :zomg: but i think i got it in the end, what about you did you find any particularly harD?
    Yeah, largely the same as me! Hopefully we will be fine:eek:

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to see people being so enthusiastic about UEA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    It's nice to see people being so enthusiastic about UEA
    Well isnt it worth being enthusiastic about? :P

ReputationRep:
    Well isnt it worth being enthusiastic about? :P
    Definitely in my opinion :yep: I'm just more used to people being very down about it (and even insulting at times) so it was a nice change

ReputationRep:
    Definitely in my opinion :yep: I'm just more used to people being very down about it (and even insulting at times) so it was a nice change

Really? I've never really come across that, most of the medical students i spoke to really loved it there.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I've never really come across that, most of the medical students i spoke to really loved it there.
    not the medical students here, other medicine students at other unis and applicants.

ReputationRep:
    not the medical students here, other medicine students at other unis and applicants.

Oh right, well they don't really much about it anyway (probably because it's new med school). I wouldn't really take much attention to what they say, it's funny the people that said they put down UEA as a 'guaranteed interview', and then got straight rejections Personally, I don't really like the London medical schools, and their clinical teaching is beyond poor ( I know a few doctors in London who told me not to choose certain London med schools because of this * cough - kings* )

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, well they don't really much about it anyway (probably because it's new med school). I wouldn't really take much attention to what they say, it's funny the people that said they put down UEA as a 'guaranteed interview', and then got straight rejections Personally, I don't really like the London medical schools, and their clinical teaching is beyond poor ( I know a few doctors in London who told me not to choose certain London med schools because of this * cough - kings* )
    I try not to but at one point it was happening far too frequently! Hasn't seemed to be quite so bad so far this year though which is good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah to be fair ive heard that as well, but i think its jsut because its a relatively new medical school without any reputation

Looked great when i saw it

ReputationRep:
    I have my interview in a week! Is anyone else going to be in Toronto?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flmedicine20)
    I have my interview in a week! Is anyone else going to be in Toronto?!

Wow your interviews in Toronto?!? Did they tell you who's going to be interviewing you?

ReputationRep:
    Wow your interviews in Toronto?!? Did they tell you who's going to be interviewing you?
    No clue - it's still set up the same w/ "stations" - but I'm assuming it's going to be one person asking all 5 questions...

What worries me is that it's on the 20t floor of a hotel - I'm scared of heights!

ReputationRep:
    Gah. I wish UEA would let us know sooner than mid-march! The wait is horrible, especially when you don't have any other offers yet, it's making me double anxious. I keep thinking about my interview, and there was so much more stuff I should have said, I can't help but worry that i was a tad slow on the uptake for the ethical scenario aswel...

ReputationRep:
    Gah. I wish UEA would let us know sooner than mid-march! The wait is horrible, especially when you don't have any other offers yet, it's making me double anxious. I keep thinking about my interview, and there was so much more stuff I should have said, I can't help but worry that i was a tad slow on the uptake for the ethical scenario aswel...
    I know! Me hates that feeling of "why didn't I say this too?"...but I guess that's the case with most people, so everything balances out and comes down to what you actually said. Which station was it with which you felt you did the best on? Mine was probably the PBL/Effective PBL medical student station. Also, I'm starting to get paranoid about whether one of the interviewers was really paying interest to what I was saying or was just being one of those interviewers to see how I would cope (she kept looking outside!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    I know! Me hates that feeling of "why didn't I say this too?"...but I guess that's the case with most people, so everything balances out and comes down to what you actually said. Which station was it with which you felt you did the best on? Mine was probably the PBL/Effective PBL medical student station. Also, I'm starting to get paranoid about whether one of the interviewers was really paying interest to what I was saying or was just being one of those interviewers to see how I would cope (she kept looking outside!).

Hey Toby, long time no speak ! I think I done best on the 'general suitability' station - it was chaired by the dean, and he was really nice and gave me some encouraging comments. I know I didn't do well at one of the stations on 'conflicting information' the interviewer was rather akward...I really loved the medical school, I hope I get an offer Hows your application going?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.