LGBT Soc. @ Kent Uni 2010/11 Watch

skipp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Faustus Fotherby)
First social was today! Aside from the initial hiccups, (had to move the first room and Origins was rammed when we got there ) everyone's been saying that had a nice time and there was a fantastic turnout! Didn't have anyone come up to me and be like "hey I'm from TSR" though Sad times!

Good news though, next social is this Saturday! See the first post in this thread for details (though you should all be on the society mailing list by now, PM me if you're not!)

Where's everyone from this thread gone? :eek:
It was great

Which one were you? :puppyeyes: wanted to say hello but wasn't sure who to say hello to
leanderthal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
today was definitely fun, everyone was really nice!
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by skipp)
It was great

Which one were you? :puppyeyes: wanted to say hello but wasn't sure who to say hello to
Hast thou not ETCHED my face into your mind?!!!? :p: I'm the President, check our website or, if you were at the meeting before the Origins social then I was the one standing at the front blasting through the Powerpoint presentation at like 400 miles and hour :p: At the Origins social I admit I was being the most unsocial as I running around stressed out wondering if everyone was ok and trying to make sure everyone was sitting somewhere and having a chat to someone :p: So more often than not I was standing up with a clipboard in my hand :p: Eventually I calmed down, sat down, and had a nice chat with people, which was nice.

Saturday barcrawl everyone? Yes!
skipp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hast thou not ETCHED my face into your mind?!!!? :p: I'm the President, check our website or, if you were at the meeting before the Origins social then I was the one standing at the front blasting through the Powerpoint presentation at like 400 miles and hour :p: At the Origins social I admit I was being the most unsocial as I running around stressed out wondering if everyone was ok and trying to make sure everyone was sitting somewhere and having a chat to someone :p: So more often than not I was standing up with a clipboard in my hand :p: Eventually I calmed down, sat down, and had a nice chat with people, which was nice.

Saturday barcrawl everyone? Yes!
I was not at the meeting so missed out on the 400 mph powerpoint :p: have a feeling I know which one you were :hmmmm: dark hair grey tshirt?
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
(Original post by skipp)
I was not at the meeting so missed out on the 400 mph powerpoint :p: have a feeling I know which one you were :hmmmm: dark hair grey tshirt?
Yeh and glasses,the grey shirt had a picture of a flower on - was wearing a cross round my neck. Apparently a lot of people thought I was the entertainments officer :eek: PRESIDENT GODAMMIT!

Which one were you?
skipp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeh and glasses,the grey shirt had a picture of a flower on - was wearing a cross round my neck. Apparently a lot of people thought I was the entertainments officer :eek: PRESIDENT GODAMMIT!

Which one were you?
Awesome I know who you are now :yep:

Can't remember what I was wearing, think it was jeans and a blue stripey top? Brown hair, came along at about 2 with someone from my halls, was sitting on the sofa near the pool tables/piano for quite a while, my name is jenni :yep: not entirely sure I was that memorable on that particular day
lil lime
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
BARCRAWL

will be awsome

I enjoyed Origins. I had some tastey food and sat next to a guy called Ben who was quite loud...and I'm quite quiet....
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
(Original post by skipp)
Awesome I know who you are now :yep:

Can't remember what I was wearing, think it was jeans and a blue stripey top? Brown hair, came along at about 2 with someone from my halls, was sitting on the sofa near the pool tables/piano for quite a while, my name is jenni :yep: not entirely sure I was that memorable on that particular day
Oh I DEFINITELY remember you! Yeh I was running around like mad but I remember sitting down and asking you what other interesting societies you'd joined and you were saying you'd looked into the nerd societies and I was like "oh yeh Anime?" and you were like "yeh" and we had a brief chat about it. I wonder if I plugged the fact I did their elections last year and it took me like 2 hours - that's the story I usually pull out in relation to that society.

(Original post by lil lime)
BARCRAWL

will be awsome

I enjoyed Origins. I had some tastey food and sat next to a guy called Ben who was quite loud...and I'm quite quiet....
You poor girl... Ben is one of our more eccentric members... he doesn't usually come to stuff. I was the one that was constantly giving him a bit of banter everytime I came over - if there was a Tory/Lib Dem argument then that means I was there :p:

EDIT: OH WAIT! I've just realised there were two Ben's there - if you were sitting on the couches in the corner then you mean Ben Conway, he's a lovely guy if a bit crazy and yes quite loud... the other Ben was the crazy Tory one I just mentioned :p:
skipp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh I DEFINITELY remember you! Yeh I was running around like mad but I remember sitting down and asking you what other interesting societies you'd joined and you were saying you'd looked into the nerd societies and I was like "oh yeh Anime?" and you were like "yeh" and we had a brief chat about it. I wonder if I plugged the fact I did their elections last year and it took me like 2 hours - that's the story I usually pull out in relation to that society.
That was me and no you didn't tell the story at the time, but you have you have now, so I am informed :cool:

I have fresher's flu, but had to brave the weather (usually this sort of weather excites me, anyone else?) to get more tissues & loo roll...got a bright pink hoody to cheer myself up on the way
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 8 years ago
Ok, missed the social due to a RaG meeting, and general tiredness. I'm tempted by the bar crawl but I have like no money :sad:
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loz17)
Ok, missed the social due to a RaG meeting, and general tiredness. I'm tempted by the bar crawl but I have like no money :sad:
Sad times, I got back from the bar crawl about an hour ago and have been changing my clothes and just generally recovering. Everyone seemed to have a really fantastic time and despite how stressed I must've appeared on the outside I was really enjoying myself on the inside :p: I didn't spend more than like £5 tonight either! Only bought a few drinks of Coke cos I was desperate for a drink after all the running around organising people and checking they were ok :p:

Hope you're feeling better soon Skipp

Also - was nice to finally meet you! Did you have a good time? I really wanted to stay till the end but had to do a walk back at 1:30am - how was getting home? My VP rang me after and said it all good sorted ok.
lil lime
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It was good but me and friends left at about 2 and had to walk all the way up the hill....it's very long

but it was fun!

...I ate a lot of foam....
lil lime
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I WILL NOT LET THIS THREAD DIE!

Thank you for coming and talking to me today when I was sat all on my lonesome
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
I WILL NOT LET THIS THREAD DIE!

Thank you for coming and talking to me today when I was sat all on my lonesome
Likewise it was lovely meeting you properly

Plus I got to try on your scarf, WHAT A BONUS!

I love how we're both TSR meet up failures and yet we've still met each other :p:
Noirdeathe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ahem; this is going to sound really odd but what the hell is LGBT? I've had fliers 'n all sorts pushed through the door for it .. but not a clue what it actually is.

It's going to be something painfully obvious, I know it.
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Noirdeathe)
Ahem; this is going to sound really odd but what the hell is LGBT? I've had fliers 'n all sorts pushed through the door for it .. but not a clue what it actually is.

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transexual society.
skipp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

I love how we're both TSR meet up failures and yet we've still met each other :p:
Strangely that seems to be a theme in this thread :p:
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noirdeathe)

I'm so glad SOMEONE'S been getting our publicity, everytime I ask someone whether they've seen our posters (they've been taken down recently) everyone said no. You must live in one of the Purchas or Lypeatt courts - I had a few spare posters so just chucked them round those courts.
Noirdeathe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm so glad SOMEONE'S been getting our publicity, everytime I ask someone whether they've seen our posters (they've been taken down recently) everyone said no. You must live in one of the Purchas or Lypeatt courts - I had a few spare posters so just chucked them round those courts.
Bingo on the posters, I think you tagged my house (Purchas).
lil lime
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

The scarf looked...very....nice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads