The Pupillage Interview / Acceptance / Rejection Thread 2010 Watch

Mr-Fletcher-Ryland
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jpailing)
Has anyone heard from Devereux either way, as the 'Decision Made on XX' thing is pretty confusing and impossible to read?
I haven't heard either way. I look forward to hearing whether anyone has. It has to be said though that usually the first people to hear are the "yes" people and the "no" replies trickle slowly in afterwards, so I suspect we're clinging to false hope.
Mr-Fletcher-Ryland
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lemonface)
How do you know? How are they contacting people? Do you know what date the interviews are?
I had an email last night. Interviews next week.
jpailing
Report 8 years ago
Ok, so here is my theory:

The 'Decision Made', but remaining on Under consideration thing may be the result of the chambers downloading the application and then selecting an option which is intended to indicate that they are actually in the process of considering it...

Given that many sets seem to have changed their statuses to this within a few days of the deadline, and yet have still not sent out any invites/rejections, this seems plausible.

Either that, or as you say, false hope.
Mr-Fletcher-Ryland
Report 8 years ago

The 'Decision Made', but remaining on Under consideration thing may be the result of the chambers downloading the application and then selecting an option which is intended to indicate that they are actually in the process of considering it...

Given that many sets seem to have changed their statuses to this within a few days of the deadline, and yet have still not sent out any invites/rejections, this seems plausible.

Either that, or as you say, false hope.
You may well be right though it doesn't say much for the intelligence of the bar!
Rosafine
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cheggarsdrinkspop)
Argent interviews announced

How did they announce? I'm still "under consideration" - assuming this means rejection. Fail!
snowflake_7
Report 8 years ago
I have to say the whole process is starting to make me rather neurotic, especially with the whole cryptic "decision made" setting on PP.

Seem to endlessly be refreshing my email in the vain hope of something, rather than actually focusing on the more pressing issue of revision! :rolleyes:
jpailing
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mr-Fletcher-Ryland)
You may well be right though it doesn't say much for the intelligence of the bar!
Actually I think that, if I am right, it is more likely that Milkround, who administer the PP, haven't made the distinction clear.
kittycharleston
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone have any news from 39 Essex Street?
mama rose
Report 8 years ago
Hi everyone!

That's strange about Doughty Street - as I contacted them today and they said that they have not announced interviews yet.

Cheers.
AlmaMaterStudiorum
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by VarietyHorne)
It was me. I didnt say "smart casual" i said the entire sentence consisted of "please dress casually". Last year the same said said "please dress casually if you wish" apparently and no one did, so its clear they dont want people in suits. I wish it said "smart casual" as that would be a much easier choice ie suit without the jacket.
You wouldn't want to be anything other than smart casual would you?

That is correct. Nearly four weeks for one of my interviews after pp stating decision made.

Rejections can go out before offers for interviews. They sift. They reject non starters, keep a reserve pile etc etc....

Remember, they all do things differently. You just need to be patient. When you see second interview rounds and you haven't even got a first, you know it's over.
snowflake_7
Report 8 years ago
AlmaMater, may I ask which chambers the 4 week delay was with?
VarietyHorne
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AlmaMaterStudiorum)
You wouldn't want to be anything other than smart casual would you?

Isn't that my issue?
lj_parle
Report 8 years ago
Isn't that my issue?
Haha I think you're going to drive yourself insane. It's obviously a test to see if you'll use your common sense and follow instructions. If they say casual, wear casual. Ask yourself, "If I was asked to a party and was told to come 'casual' what would I wear?". If that was me I would probably wear smart jeans and shoes with a jumper or a shirt just to toe the line a bit. If you wore ripped jeans and a t-shirt you would technically be following instructions, but not using any common sense. Ultimately wear what you feel comfortable in - you don't want to be worrying about whether your belt buckle is too ostentatious whilst trying to perform a plea in mitigation :-p

Very interesting though :-) :cool:
AlmaMaterStudiorum
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Isn't that my issue?
Doesn't have to be black and white. Drop the jacket and wear a lime green shirt.

Snowflake - QEB.
recorta
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kittycharleston)
Does anyone have any news from 39 Essex Street?
Not yet.
Rosafine
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If I'm being really dense I apologise - but I can't see this "decision made" setting!
mariella24
Report 8 years ago
I have only heard back from 3 out of 12 ..... - is it just me or are the criminal sets taking their time?
VarietyHorne
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AlmaMaterStudiorum)
Doesn't have to be black and white. Drop the jacket and wear a lime green shirt.

Snowflake - QEB.
Odd then if your interviewing there you asked the question about it. But whatever i guess we just have to interpret it our own way.
pjaye
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rosafine)
If I'm being really dense I apologise - but I can't see this "decision made" setting!
If you go on PP and click on 'view application options', on the correspondence history some Chambers have updated that page and there is a message saying 'decision made on [whatever date].

However only some Chambers have done this and so if you cant see it your chambers have not done it.

I hope that makes sense, lol.
recorta
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rosafine)
Only a select few chambers seem to be using it, and then only with some applicants. I haven't seen it on mine at all, either!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (534)
37.82%
No - but I will (110)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (672)
47.59%

Watched Threads