Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQuickestSilver)
    I like driving in the snow, it's really fun.. until you meet a hill.
    Agreed! Hills can just add to the fun though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    This is our front garden.

Don't think I've seen that much snow in one place outside of the alps ever :eek:

and dorset goes into meltdown over a few cms...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    Don't think I've seen that much snow in one place outside of the alps ever :eek:

and dorset goes into meltdown over a few cms...
    lol it's the worst I've ever seen it too.

Most of the pile is off the roof though. We've had a few loads come off. Still, it's over a foot deep everywhere. Definitely worse than the new year snow we got and that was the worst I'd seen in many years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    This is our front garden.

MAJOR jealous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Nope.
    But when i came outside today at 4am to go to work, theres like frozen droplets/water on my car though.
    Does it snow in California? or maybe you're in DC...

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be snow everywhere in England except here :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, had like 16 inches. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wodeford)
    Is it snowing with anyone? EVERYONE LOOK OUT YOUR WINDOW NOW!
    The snow is slowly melting away...

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it stopped recently, but it's resuming tonight and tommorrow apparently. There is a fresh 1-2 inches on the floor though, which is quite a lot.

ReputationRep:
    My local pub:

ReputationRep:
    I looooooove the snow! But it never snows in the north west :cry::cry:

Why is that anyway??

ReputationRep:
    Cold isit?

ReputationRep:
    How low does the temperature get there? I live in Alaska and in some areas of the state it is already at -25 F.

ReputationRep:
    I'm praying for the Snow so that my 30 min presentation tomorrow would be cancelled and I could concentrate on my Arabic exam on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassandra_Z)
    How low does the temperature get there? I live in Alaska and in some areas of the state it is already at -25 F.
    Alaska has real winters. In the UK most places at low level maybe get a week of snow a year, and often cannot cope in some ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Alaska has real winters. In the UK most places at low level maybe get a week of snow a year, and often cannot cope in some ways.
    Yeah, it is pretty intense here. We've been having quite a few days with crazy winds of speeds up to 95 mph. Today isn't so bad though, the winds have died down alot and it's about 19 F.

ReputationRep:
    Lol Global Warming my *********.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I was wrong snow ain't that bad but if collage is open tommorow I'm going to cause some HAVOC.
    Oh and another thing I hate is when stupid people pour boiling hot water outside there house to get rid of the snow but don't realise it's going to freeze into ice and everyone that walks past is going to slip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwza)
    I looooooove the snow! But it never snows in the north west :cry::cry:

Why is that anyway??
    Are you crazy there was snow today!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    Are you crazy there was snow today!!!
    towards the coast it was only for like 2 minutes...on the floor it was like 1 snowflake thick! lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.