Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I have recently firmed my unconditional offer for medicine! Looking forward to start!!! Just a few quick questions..
    How do I get the student ID required to apply for accommodation?
    What is the most popular accommodation for medics? (it's not that I want to be with medics only, but it would be nice to live with someone doing the same course/having the same timetable!)
    Thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoNoHarm)
    Hi everyone! I have recently firmed my unconditional offer for medicine! Looking forward to start!!! Just a few quick questions..
    What is the most popular accommodation for medics? (it's not that I want to be with medics only, but it would be nice to live with someone doing the same course/having the same timetable!)
    Thanks!
    Not sure about the ID, ask in the current applicants thread.

All of the halls at Oadby have plenty of medics, it's a big course, but probably most in JoFo. However don't worry about that too much, you get Introweek at which LUSUMA put on loads of events for you to meet other medics without anyone else there, culminating in the PJ bar crawl, so don't worry about meeting other medics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    Not sure about the ID, ask in the current applicants thread.

All of the halls at Oadby have plenty of medics, it's a big course, but probably most in JoFo. However don't worry about that too much, you get Introweek at which LUSUMA put on loads of events for you to meet other medics without anyone else there, culminating in the PJ bar crawl, so don't worry about meeting other medics.
    Thank you so much! Do you happen to know when introweek takes place? Is it at the same time as the normal freshes' week or before? Because on the university website it says that term 1 starts in october, but in my offer letter it said on september 24th.. so maybe that's the week? thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! Do you happen to know when introweek takes place? Is it at the same time as the normal freshes' week or before? Because on the university website it says that term 1 starts in october, but in my offer letter it said on september 24th.. so maybe that's the week? thanks!
    Traditionally Introweek has been the week before normal Freshers, with all medics in one set of accommodation for that week. Then during normal Freshers' medics are in normal lectures, though so are a lot of other subjects by the end of the week, just try and stay strong through the hangover!

I can't imagine why they'd have moved Introweek to run parallel to main Freshers' but you can always ask once there's an official medic freshers' 2012 group up on Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    Traditionally Introweek has been the week before normal Freshers, with all medics in one set of accommodation for that week. Then during normal Freshers' medics are in normal lectures, though so are a lot of other subjects by the end of the week, just try and stay strong through the hangover!

I can't imagine why they'd have moved Introweek to run parallel to main Freshers' but you can always ask once there's an official medic freshers' 2012 group up on Facebook.
    Okay thanks for the info! very helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    Heyhey!

You get your student ID with the email that they send you. And I'm a medic fresher too and just confirmed my JoFo offer. I heard JoFo was pretty popular with medics too and I know of another medic fresher living on the floor just below me as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguin610)
    Heyhey!

You get your student ID with the email that they send you. And I'm a medic fresher too and just confirmed my JoFo offer. I heard JoFo was pretty popular with medics too and I know of another medic fresher living on the floor just below me as well.
    Hello! I was actually thinking about JoFo myself! Hopefully I'll get that or something close to it! Student ID in the email? I'm sorry I must be blind but I can't see it anywhere in my offer email.. where should it be? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm filling in my accommodation application and can't decide my last choice. Premium single - self catered at Beaumont or GMS? what's best?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm filling in my accommodation application and can't decide my last choice. Premium single - self catered at Beaumont or GMS? what's best?
    Both will be in separate houses dotted around the grounds so very similar can't think of any major differencees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    Both will be in separate houses dotted around the grounds so very similar can't think of any major differencees.
    Thanks! Went for Beaumont in the end. Just submitted the application now, I hope I'll hear back soon!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I was actually thinking about JoFo myself! Hopefully I'll get that or something close to it! Student ID in the email? I'm sorry I must be blind but I can't see it anywhere in my offer email.. where should it be? thanks!
    It should be at the top of your email along with your UCAS ID number? it might be on the email that leicester send to you after you confirm the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Apologies in advance if this is a repetitive question, but I've gone through this whole thread and still have a few questions.

Situation: I'm an international student who holds an unconditional offer. I'd like a single room with my own bathroom. Laundry onsite. Preferably on campus (or near it /10 minute walk the max). Also not to far from local amenities (i.e. supermarket, doctors office, bank etc etc)

I assumed Nixon Court/Opal court would be the common answer but I read in the thread that you need to pay for your internet usage in this one?

Thank you!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nshk)
    Apologies in advance if this is a repetitive question, but I've gone through this whole thread and still have a few questions.

Situation: I'm an international student who holds an unconditional offer. I'd like a single room with my own bathroom. Laundry onsite. Preferably on campus (or near it /10 minute walk the max). Also not to far from local amenities (i.e. supermarket, doctors office, bank etc etc)

I assumed Nixon Court/Opal court would be the common answer but I read in the thread that you need to pay for your internet usage in this one?

Thank you!
    The link on accommodation says it's only Opal and The Grange where you have to pay for internet. Opal varies from 150-480 depending how many meg you want.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo.../faqs/internet

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! I've just received my accommodation offer! 1st choice, couldn't be happier! anyone else in The coppice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gxy)
    Just got the email!!!! Nixon court Block G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey!

I have an offer for nixon block G too! What will you be studying? I'll be studying law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallenangel)
    x

(Original post by HannahGodfrey92)
    x

(Original post by penguin610)
    x
    Nice to see that there is a group of medics at the Coppice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    The link on accommodation says it's only Opal and The Grange where you have to pay for internet. Opal varies from 150-480 depending how many meg you want.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo.../faqs/internet
    Ahh, I see. Thank you for that clarification.

So just to reiterate, Nixon/Opal are the closest residence areas to campus and are self-catered?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nshk)
    Ahh, I see. Thank you for that clarification.

So just to reiterate, Nixon/Opal are the closest residence areas to campus and are self-catered?
    Yeah Opal and Nixon are both about 5 mins walk from campus and all self catered.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just heard back that i'll be in porter's lodge at Beaumont, anyone know what it's like at all?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmoore27)
    Hi,

I've just heard back that i'll be in porter's lodge at Beaumont, anyone know what it's like at all?
    Self catered single bedroom?

It's just behind the new quad and backs on to the Botanical Gardens which is nice. All girls and not many in there (6 maybe?) so creates a nice atmosphere not dissimilar to a house in second year (according to someone I know who lived there).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.