Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to read a few chapters of a book then read then ending and go back to where i was. i liked trying to figure out how they'll get to it and seeing if im right. dont really do it anymore though.

and does no one say ASSED?
    ive never heard anyone say asked and pronouncing the r in arsed is just too much effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Ketchup with Pizza? Anyone else?
    My friend does this.

I occasionally do too, if it's not tomato-y enough already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salty_candy)
    i dunno, i've had far, far more embarrassing ways of doing things (when i was 12, i **** you not i used to have to touch food with my forehead before i could eat it, (as in, every mouthfull ) which sort of was incredibly embarrassing.

any unplanned touching of things has to happen equally (so, if i accidentally brush my left hand against the wall, i'd then have to do the same thing with my right hand)

it's not as weird as it sounds, and i can avoid publicly drinking pretty easily :rolleyes:
    Haha I do that left side right side thing. If I touch my left arm by accident I have to touch my right arm or I just feel weird.
    Also typing in my head.
    Hold my knife in the left hand, fork in right.
    I also have to know the lyrics to every song on my iPod, so I keep every new one on repeat until I know the words, this can get annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I write my 0s and o clockwise. Most people I know doing them anticlockwise. I didn't realise until a girl sitting beside me said 'you do your 0s weird'
    I'm right handed and I do this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiser_7)
    I hold a pen completely differently to anyone i've ever met. True story.
    I hold my pen weirdly as well (see below photo). It's like a death-grip.

I also have a weird accent that nobody else seems to speak like. I've been accused of being Welsh before.

And when I walk, I have to place equal pressure on both feet otherwise I just feel uncomfortable .

ReputationRep:
    When eating a satsuma/tangerine/clementine/manderin I nibble across the top of each segment, peel down the sides and just eat the orange bit (ie. the actual food part). Everyone else I know just eats the segments whole.

(Original post by Kew)
      When eating a satsuma/tangerine/clementine/manderin I nibble across the top of each segment, peel down the sides and just eat the orange bit (ie. the actual food part). Everyone else I know just eats the segments whole.
      How do you do that wont it fall apart lol

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by blueray)
      How do you do that wont it fall apart lol
      No, it doesn't fall apart most of the time. It's just like a tinned mandarin segment, except that the white/transparent covering is still attached to the bottom (until I bite off the orange bit, of course). This does of course mean that when I've finished the remains aren't exactly pretty. I usually try to hide them under bits of peel if I'm with other people.

(Original post by Kew)
        No, it doesn't fall apart most of the time. It's just like a tinned mandarin segment, except that the white/transparent covering is still attached to the bottom (until I bite off the orange bit, of course). This does of course mean that when I've finished the remains aren't exactly pretty. I usually try to hide them under bits of peel if I'm with other people.
        Im guessing it gets messy :eek:

ReputationRep:
        Thought of another...

I go to Costa Coffee and only ever order tea...

ReputationRep:
        I can't go to someone else's house and drink their milk.

ReputationRep:
        1) Drinking Baileys IN the coffee rather than in an extra glass. Always thought, that's what everyone does (at least it is that way in Austria), however, when I was on Gran Canaria all the waiters gave me the WTF? face when I wanted my Baileys in my coffee...

2) Aspiring to get a good education, rather than an average one. (-> Everyone I know wants to study in Austria and make it the best time of their live, but noone ever said anything like, that they want the best possible education...)

ReputationRep:
        I eat the crust of the pizza first.

After i've buttered my bread I put it back into the toaster so the margarine melts.

When I watch TV, I tilt my head sidewards, yes it does hurt sometimes lol but it's an old habit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.