Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Twas alright in the end
    Damn didnt know how plant cells divided though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cor898)
    Twas alright in the end
    Mitosis one crucial difference between animal is at the end of telophase(how cytokines is accomplished) plant cells divide the cytoplasm between the
    2 new nuclei by forming a cell plate rather than cleavage

ReputationRep:
    Twas alright in the end
    I suppose that it could have been worse. I still don't feel too confident about how I did but I don't think I could have done as worse as I did last time. I had no idea about that stuff about the cytoskeleton big question one...not the one about the two functions the other one. Or the one about histamine or the one about the cut shoot and steam. Oh well I suppose I'll just have to wait now and see. When do we get the results?

ReputationRep:
    I neeed this paperr.....any one care to make a photocopy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobeTheHero)
    Mitosis one crucial difference between animal is at the end of telophase(how cytokines is accomplished) plant cells divide the cytoplasm between the
    I didn't put either of them. I put something about a cell wall and then something about the number of chromosomes (but I recon that one will be wrong anyway...I needed a second point).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobeTheHero)
    I put: "plant cell does not undergo cytokinesis

- Plant cell plate"

Do you think ill get 2 marks? lol
    last part was a guess

ReputationRep:
    I put: "plant cell does not undergo cytokinesis

- Plant cell plate"

Do you think ill get 2 marks? lol
    last part was a guess
    I wrote in animal cells cytokinesis starts from the outside and with plant cells it starts with the formation of cell plates where the spindle equator was. In animals most cells a capable of mitosis and cytokinesis in plants only meristem cells divide in this way.

ReputationRep:
    Finished with about 20 minutes to spare, spent about 12 checking through... and then I saw the last page!

Peed me off big time but I just about scribbled (quite literally) it all down.

Struggled a bit with Neutrophil one, but bs'd some stuff with Unit 2 knowledge. They didnt ask enough about the heart though! damn them

ReputationRep:
    for the 5 mark que about transpiration did u have to mention things like cohesion, root pressure, cappillary action, adhesion and transpiration pull etc.. ?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intollerant)
    Finished with about 20 minutes to spare, spent about 12 checking through... and then I saw the last page!

Struggled a bit with Neutrophil one, but bs'd some stuff with Unit 2 knowledge. They didnt ask enough about the heart though! damn them
    I know I wanted a nice longish question on the heart and the hearthbeat but not about the electrocardiogram. The neutrophil one I didn't get either, put something about it not covering the whole cell and therefore meaning it is given strength but can move (?) Biology is not my strong point and this proved it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmey)
    for the 5 mark que about transpiration did u have to mention things like cohesion, root pressure, cappillary action, adhesion and transpiration pull etc.. ?????
    I only mentioned transpiration pull and then cohesion but I think I did it wrong because I was talking about how the water molecules are attached to each other. I think I only put them because it was asking about how transpiration affected it. However I probably have doen this wrong as most of the things I put have been proved wrong on here since. Maybe coming on here wasn't the best thing to do to build up my confidence. I feel worse now than when I first did the exam.

ReputationRep:
    This was one silly exam. too many bloody suggest questions! It wasn't too bad I guess, answered it all.. but I was hoping for something on the heart atleast!

wasn't expecting an exam like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intollerant)

What was the last question about? I'm worried now

ReputationRep:
    for the histamine one did u have to talk about the receptor site having a complementary shape to a trigger and triggering a chemical response inside the cell ????????

ReputationRep:
    what was the last question i think i may have missed it urm was it the expierment one?

ReputationRep:
    and also what did u write down for the sturcutre of the lung part A was it Bronchi / Bronchus /bronchiole ?

ReputationRep:
    i put alveoli
    and that its addapted cus large sa:v and small diffusion distances and large crossectional area

ReputationRep:
    for the A or B question i put A was the brochiole and B was the alveoli (or the other way round can't remember :L) and talked about the adaptions of alveoli, what do people think the grade boundaries will be this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkofaname)
    and also what did u write down for the sturcutre of the lung part A was it Bronchi / Bronchus /bronchiole ?
    ahh i wrote bronchi, but i think it was ment to be bronchus i hope the markscheme is flexible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkofaname)
    I put the part where the airway split (part a I believe) as Bronchus, and part b was alveoli of course.
    I think I've done relatively well on this test, but it didn't have any questions on the heart or bohr shift (if you don't include the fill in the gaps question) which is what I revised...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.